Chapter 2

Phantom

You sighed as you dragged yourself to the oncall nap room reserved for staff who needed to rest. You needed exactly just that. You felt like a zombie. It was currently 2am and the emergency room had finally calmed down. You were pushing a double shift but luckily once the clock strikes 7, you could go home and sleep for the whole day. Opening the door, you groaned at the sight that greeted you. Damien, one of the other doctors in the hospital had a nurse in his lap. You could guess what was going on. You werent naive. They both looked up when you opened the door. 

“Hey Y/N. Come to join the party?” Damien teased as the nurse on his lap giggled. They were both on the only single bed in the room. You walked over and smacked the back of his head before continuing on to the bunk beds and laying down on the lower bunk. “I’ll take that as a no then.” You turned over to him and glared. “Ooh the infamous face of Dr Y/N. Everyone run.” The nurse who you found out was called Maddi as you had peeked at her name tag, giggled yet again. 

“Damien, the nap room is for napping. Not for your rendezvous sessions. So if you’re not gonna sleep, why don’t you and your little friend go to an alley or a motel or whatever and just let me sleep.” You bit back before turning over to face the wall. 

“Damn girl, you need to get laid.” Damien mumbled. You turned around and was about to throw a book at him when he gulped and ran out with Nurse Maddi on his tail. “Okay okay she-devil go sleep.” He called before closing the door. 

“.” You said to yourself before closing your eyes and trying to rest. Unfortunately the moment you decided to close your eyes, your pager went off. You groaned loudly before reaching down grabbing it. Squinting at the numbers there, you took out your phone and punched in some numbers.

“Dr.Y/L/N.” You said. 

“Dr, we need you down in the ER, there’s a bunch of patients waiting crankily.” The nurse who answered said. 

“Where are the interns?” You asked as you stood up. Luckily you didn’t take your white coat off to sleep.

“They’re moving along slowly and we had a couple of patients complain at how slow the services are.” The nurse replied monotonously. 

“I’m coming down now.” You hung up and walked to the ER and grabbed one of the charts from the nurses station. The ER was such an unpredictable place cause when you left it, it was empty but now…it was chaotic. Doctors and nurses running around as patients milled about. Looking down at the chart, you called out the patients name. 

“Han Seungwoo.” You called out but there was no reply. Waking to the patient reception, you repeated the call. “Han Seungwoo?” A man stood up and you scrunched your eyebrows. “You?” You asked shocked the same time he widened his eyes.

“It’s you!” He said happily. “Wow small world! You’re a doctor?” You recognized this guy as the one who had been with the Phantom. The one who was equally as tall as him. This guy had dark hair and a tattoo on his wrist of emojis. He was the one that helped the Phantom deal with those creeps that were bothering you.

image

“You’re Han Seungwoo? You don’t have a bleeding head wound though?” You asked confused as you looked at his head. He put up his hands and shook his head.

“Oh no no! I’m Seungyoun. Seungwoo hyungs in one of those beds. The nurse took him in but said we had to wait. I just came out to answer phone calls cause the nurse kicked me out.Said I was too loud and disturbing the peace.” He rubbed his neck nervously. “I can show you where he is.” You nodded and followed him. Once he pulled the curtain apart, you stepped back shocked when you locked eyes with the patient. Those eyes, you’d recognize them anywhere. They were the eyes you always saw in your dreams recently. The Phantom himself was sitting there holding a cloth to the side of his head. 

“Hey Sparky.” The Phantom…no Seungwoo smirked at you in greeting. “Guess my boo boo got worse huh?” How he still had on that infuriating smile when he was sitting there with a bleeding wound confused you. Clearing your throat, you put on your fake professional smile.

“Mr Han, quite a bleed you got there. Maybe this time, you’ll require stitches.” You saw his expression change into something resembling fear. You wanted to laugh but you had to be professional. “Nurse Oh, can you fetch the kit while I check over Mr Han?” You gently took the cloth away from the right side of his head and took a look at the wound there. Putting on some gloves, you gingerly touched his wound as he winced. You ended up pressing a little too hard and he reacted to it rather loudly.

“That hurt.” He hissed. Seungyoun laughed but when Seungwoo glared at him, he quickly covered it up with a cough. 

“How did this happen?” You asked as you checked to make sure his eye and ear on the right side didn’t have any problems. 

“A fight. What else.” Seungyoun said nonchalantly. Seungwoo looked up at him and shook his head. Seungyoun understanding what that look meant backtracked. “Um…no. It wasn’t a fight.” He said. The mood became tense.

“Well how’s the other guy?” You asked breaking the tension up. You were honestly curious after watching his fight that time. 

“They had to call an ambulance for him.” Seungyoun said matter of factly as you became shocked. Seungwoo sent him another dark look. “Um…oh that’s my phone. I have to answer my phone.” His phone didn’t even ring but he pretended that it did and walked away from the both of you. It was quiet between the two of you until he spoke.

“It’s been a long time, Sparky.” He said looking at you fondly. It was true, your last encounter with the Phantom that kept you up most nights happened a month ago. Kira still didnt know but kept bugging you constantly to find out exactly what happened.

image

Originally posted by hseunqwoo

“Fight night huh?” You asked softly. Before he could say anything, Nurse Oh returned with the kit for cleaning and stitching head wounds. “This is going to hurt, but I just need you to bare with me okay?” You said softly. “The bleeding stopped, but we just have to clean it and stitch it up for you. I’m just going to change gloves first.” He nodded as he watched you which felt rather intimidating. You heard Nurse Oh tell Seungwoo to lie down. 

You moved closer to him after gloving up and cleaned the wound first which cause him to wince as it stung. 

“Sorry.” You said loudly. You werent sorry. He deserved a little pain for fighting in the first place. But you had to be professional because Nurse Oh was there, otherwise Seungwoo would have gotten a nagging. After cleaning it was time for the stitches. Throughout the whole procedure, Seungwoo kept cursing colourfully which made Nurse Oh blush at his language. You tuned him out as you did your job. Once you were done, you wrapped the area with some sterile gauze. “And you’re done.” You said after examining your handy work. Nurse Oh nodded and excused herself. “I’m gonna suggest some painkillers. Are you addicted to anything?” You asked bluntly as there was no history written down other than his name and what he came to the ER for. 

“Why? Do I look like a junkie?” He smirked as he sat up. "Cause I fight in a dingy club, I must be addicted huh Sparky?" He asked cocking an eyebrow. You pursed your lips.

“Standard question so I can decide what painkiller to prescribe.” You shrugged. Seungwoo tilted his head as he stared at you while you wrote down notes on his file. Feeling his gaze, you looked up noticing how close he was to you. “Mr Han?” You said moving back slightly. 

“No. I don’t take drugs. Don’t need to, fighting does it for me. Gives me all the feelings I need. Ah and another thing does it for me too.” Seungwoo leaned closer to you. “.” He whispered seductively. 'You know that feeling, when two bodies unite? Reaching that euphoria?" He continued in a low voice. You didn’t move your face from his and you honestly thought the two of you were about to kiss when Seungyoun came in. 

“Hey hyung, nurse said you’re all done.” He looked at the both of you and how close you were to each other. “Oh…I’m interrupting something aren’t I. Well..I’ll just close the curtain and let you both at it.” Seungyoun winked as he went out and closed the curtains behind him. Seungwoo chuckled to himself, of all people that could have brought him to the hospital, he was stuck with the jokester Seungyoun. He looked over at you sitting there with a frown that caused lines on your forehead. He used his finger to smoothen them out as you looked at him. 

“You know this could be considered as harassment.” You stated pointing to him and then at you. Seungwoo continued his exploration of your face with his fingers as he them down your cheek and then onto your lips. 

“I remember these.” He whispered as he pressed his thumb to your lips. He leaned down, about to kiss you. 

“Hey Y/N, where are you?” You heard Damien call you and you pushed Seungwoo away from you. “Why are you not letting me in?” Damien asked Seungyoun who didn’t know what to say. “Yo Y/N, need your help with a patient.” Damien called as he pushed the curtains back. “There you are. Couldn’t you answer my call?” Damien pouted. Seungwoo looked up at the guy who just entered and noted how boyish he looked. With his floppy hair and smile directed at Y/N, it was annoying. Seungyoun looked at Seungwoo apologetically at the fact he couldnt stop the other doctor from interrupting the moment.

“Yeah yeah.” You cleared your head and answered Damien. “I’m done here. I’ll prescribe some painkillers and the nurse can handle the discharge okay?” You said to Seungwoo who nodded as he stood up. 

“Understood Dr.Y/N.” Seungwoo stressed your name. Hearing him say your name caused some weird feelings for you. You nodded and walked away as Damien caught up to you. 

Seungwoo observed as Damien put his arm around you. He also saw how you pushed Damiens arm away and poke the mans side. “Seungyoun-ah.” Seungwoo called Seungyoun who was preoccupied with his phone. Seungyoun looked up and saw Seungwoos dark expression. “I want to know who that guy is. Get me everything on him.” He said as he started walking out of the hospital doors. The nurse was about to stop him because he hadnt been through the discharge forms but Seungyoun intervened. With his current mood, he might blow the poor womens head off.

“I’ll handle it.” He told the nurse quickly as she shrugged. To Seungwoo, “I’ll handle it hyung.” Better do what the Phantom says.


Phantom CHAPTER 2! <3 Subscribe, comment, upvote. Become apart of my crowdfunding membership? Thank you for loving my stories!