Chapter 5

Phantom

“Of all the days.” You cursed silently as you tried to start up your car again but to no avail. Groaning you rested your head against the steering wheel. Why did your car have to act up on the day you had suffered through a long shift. You jumped once you heard a knock on your window. 

“Hey Y/N! Car problems?” Damien asked through the window. “Want me to try?” He said. You got out and gestured for him to go ahead. “Don’t worry, I’m a man. I’ll get this fixed.” You curled your upper lip at his statement. He took a look at your car and tried to get it started. You tried stifling your laughter. Damien was so full of himself. 

“So man, fixed the car? Said you could do it.” You asked with a laugh. Damien frowned and scratched his head. 

“Uh sorry Y/N..how about I give you a ride home? You were about to agree when a girl called out to Damien. 

“Looks like you have a date.” You said as he rubbed his neck nervously. 

“It’s fine...” You stopped him.

“I don’t think she’d appreciate it if I tagged along.” You patted his back, grabbed your bag from the car and placed a quick call to the car center to come pick the car up for service. 

“You sure?” Damien asked. 

“I’ll take the bus Damien. You have a nice night.” You waved at him as you walked away. 

“I plan to and be safe!” He called out. You gave him a backward wave as you walked to the bus stop. You called Kira.

“Hey, my car broke down, so I’m taking a bus to ours. Can you cook ramen for me?” You asked her.

“Huh you’re taking a bus? I could just come and pick you up!” She said.

“Nah, id have to wait for you and the bus is coming soon.” 

“Okay okay, please be safe. Call me okay?” She said finally and you hung up.

Once searching for the bus needed, you got on and waited as the ride to your area started. You looked up the bus route and internally groaned. You still had to walk to your apartment building cause the bus stop was a little further away. The bus driver announced your stop and you got out. It was pretty dark out as it was already close to 9pm. It was going to be a long walk. 

As you were walking, you felt as though you were being watched. It was such an eerie feeling.Turning around, no one would be there. You shook it off thinking you were overthinking it but then you heard footsteps behind you. You turned around yet again and caught a glimpse of black before the person hid behind a pillar. Okay it was starting to get weird. You quickened your pace and heard the footsteps get louder. You put your hand in your purse and felt around for your pepper spray. 

“Dr Y/N.” You heard a voice call out from behind you. Great creep knew your name. You just ignored it and sped up. “Dr Y/N wait please!”

“Sparky!” You hit a chest and looked up to see Seungwoo. Oh thank god, you thought to yourself. Seungwoo looked up behind you and watched as the man in the mask and cap ran away. He would have chased him but he felt you shaking in his arms.

“Seungwoo.” You said gladly. You turned around in his arms and looked around for the person who called out to you but no one was there. “Where did..”

“Why are you walking outside alone?” Seungwoo asked. “You know how dangerous it is? Just because your building is nice doesn’t mean the area is safe.” Seungwoo nagged. 

“Oh my god! I was fine. I have pepper spray!” You brought it out of your bag and showed him.

“You think pepper spray works? It doesn’t!” Seungwoo replied.

“Look, I’m tired. I’ve had a ty day on top of my car breaking down so I want to just sleep.” You sighed. Seungwoo grabbed your bag even though you tried to fight him on it and walked with you. 

“Why were you walking home?” Seungwoo asked.

“It’s amazing how you start a conversation after ignoring me for a week.” You bit back. Seungwoo stopped and looked at you. 

“You’re angry. Why?” Seungwoo hoisted your bag up on his shoulder freeing his hands. 

“I’m not angry.” You denied it. “I’m just stating a fact.” Seungwoo put his hand up to your cheek and pinched it.

“You’re angry.” He cooed. You pushed his hand away and pouted angrily. You poked his side before walking ahead of him. Seungwoo grinned as he jogged up next to you. 

“I was away. Had to deal with some stuff for the gym. I wasn’t ignoring you plus..” he trailed off. “Not like we have each other’s numbers.” He shrugged. 

“And whos' fault is that.” You mumbled but Seungwoo caught it. 

“Looks like I’m going to have to give you my number. Especially if this walking home thing is going to be a habit.” Seungwoo said. He grabbed your phone out of your bag and brought it up to your face, unlocking it. He started typing his number in and then took a picture of you. 

“Wait why did you take a picture of me?” You asked confused.

“Why else. To send it to me.” He said seriously. 

“What? Give me my phone!” You tried grabbing it back from him but he used his height as an advantage. “Yah Han Seungwoo!” You tried reaching it going on your tiptoes but Seungwoo suddenly pecked your lips. 

“Yah Han Seungwoo?” He mocked. “Aren’t I older than you, Y/N? Better call me oppa before you get a spanking.” He sing songed. 

“Didn’t know you could imitate a dolphin.” You teased. 

“Being mean doesn’t get you your phone back Sparky.” He stopped and you noticed that you had arrived at your apartment building as the guard greeted the both of you. Getting into the elevator, you thought of a plan. Seungwoo was still holding on to the phone. 

“Well...” You moved your hand from his waist up to his neck caressing the whole way. Seungwoo looked down at you as you got on your tiptoes. “I can be really persuasive...” You rubbed his ears the length of his piercing. “With this.” You blew on his neck as he withdrew from you in surprise. Grabbing the phone from him you yelled in triumph. “AH HAH.” Some people had sensitive necks, now you knew Seungwoo was one of them. 

“I’ll give you that.” Seungwoo leaned against the wall. As he closed his eyes, you noticed the bags under his eyes.

“Are you tired?” You asked softly. He opened one eye to look at you. He shrugged at your question. “I have a ton of health supplements in my apartment if you want. My grandma still sends her remedies from the countryside.” You continued. 

“Do you miss her?” Seungwoo asked.

“Yeah. I mean who doesn’t miss their family?” You replied. The elevator dinged signaling your floor. “What about y...” You were about to ask Seungwoo about his family when he interrupted you with a question. 

“You said your car broke down. Was it okay in the morning?” You nodded.

“Yeah it was. The car company called me just now and told me one of the wires were crossed or something. I didn’t understand but they told me it’ll take 2 days to fix. So I guess I have to bus it to work.” Seungwoo tapped on your phone. 

“You have my number. Use it. I’ll get you to work and back.” 

“It’s too..” Seungwoo placed a finger on your lips. 

“Just do it.” Watching your expression, he added please to the end of his sentence. 

“Fine. Thank you.” You said not wanting to sound like a to him. 

“Now go in and rest.” He kissed your cheek and walked over to his door. 

“You too.” You called before going in. Once in your apartment, you looked at your phone trying to find his contact. You laughed when you saw his contact name.  “Typical.”

Phantom 💙💛

Seungwoo looked down at his phone and saved Y/Ns number as ‘Sparky 🐻’ He opened the messaging app and started typing. 

 

55f8d32acb6b47c544148cd523232f43630349b4.png

 

a2ba34bb3c69ce2e53183bca84961ea979706710.png


Chapter 5(A shorter chapter compared to others..) Please do upvote and comment if youre liking the story-

Do join my crowdfund if you can! <3 Can you guess who Golden Boy is??

Support X1 and VICTON and be a multifandomer.