School Drop-Outs

Parade of Clowns

Gowon was sitting in the living room eating her bag of favorite potato chips when the 2001 liners walked in from the main door. While one was looking extremely happy, the other one was deadbeat tired. Curious, she turned towards the girls and asked how they were doing. 

 

“Unnie, I’m doing great. I have something to tell you. Can we talk after I take my shower first?” A certain wolf pup was almost squealing with excitement after putting her bag down on the sofa. 

 

“Um, sure.” Her head turned towards her roommate involuntarily before remembering another girl is still present in the same area as them. Feeling sorry for almost forgetting about her, she held her breath in concern. 

 

“Are you okay? You look like you sold your soul away to the devil..” The blond baby continued munching on her chips while facing the yawning bat. 

 

“I’m fine. Just school stuff. I’ll be alright after a nap.”  She then dreadfully returned to the room next to her dormmates. 

 

“Hmm.. That’s weird. The usual fruit bat is always cheerful even after school. Something must have happened to her, I’d better let the other blond know about it.” Gowon then hastily texted her blond buddy before the owl comes back home from her shopping spree. 

 

---

 

2 hours later..

 

Depressed Choerry woke up to two worried parents by her side. Thinking it was a dream, she laid back down and closed her eyes.

 

Seeing how unusual the youngest in her group was acting, Kim Lip quickly pinched the girl’s nose in panic, instantly earning herself a slap on her back by the older girl. 

 

“Yah! Choerry-ah! What happened?” The owl hooted in concern, only to receive a semi side-glare from the schoolgirl herself. 

 

“Nothing.. And please don’t act like my parents. You’re too young to be one.” The fruit bat then got out of bed grumpily and headed out to take her shower as well. 

 

“What do you think happened? She’s suddenly so cold towards us.” Kim Lip stared at the girl from a distance as she walked away. 

 

“She’s only cold towards you… And why did you pinch her nose for no reason? Do you want her to die after returning from the land of the unconscious?” Jinsoul chided the leader of the group. 

 

Sensing hostility from both members of her group, the owl could only sit in silence, quietly reflecting on the harsh words she said to the moody fruit bat. 

 

“Let me take over. I got this one, I promise.” Jinsoul then left the leader on her own and tried her best to talk about the situation. 

 

---

 

“Choerry, mind sharing what happened to you in school today?” The blue-betta slowly gave the fruit bat some time to sort her thoughts out and convey them. 

 

“Nothing in particular.. It’s just that..” 

 

The fruit bat then explained everything in great detail. As she got to the end, the fish said nothing but offer the poor girl a well-needed hug. After dwelling in silence for a while, the hot-headed leader barged in without warning. Annoyed by how the girl was being so inconsiderate, Jinsoul took off one of her slippers and aimed it towards the short leader’s head. Needless to say, the girl was hit and she yelled out in pain. 

 

“Do you want a punch from me? Are you asking for it?” Kim Lip was seething in anger, yet she wasn’t ready for the cold response coming from the other party. 

 

“It’s not the right time. Besides, we need to sit down properly and talk about what is necessary.” The betta-fish rolled her eyes and dragged the poor leader out of the room, leaving the relieved schoolgirl alone. 

 

---

 

“...”

 

“Why’d didn’t you bring me over when you two were talking about this?” The owl was partially angry towards the older girl, but she knew what the girl was doing. 

 

“Who knew if you would start screaming at her the moment she started speaking? Give her a break sometimes.” Jinsoul replied with a hint of sympathy towards the fruit bat, knowing as well that being an idol with schooling is both tough physically and mentally. 

 

“Click.” 

 

“Oh, speak of the de-” Jinsoul welcomed the girl brightly but paused when she realized the fruit bat has something to say.

 

 “Can I drop out of school too?” Choerry held her gaze at both girls intensely, but more specifically on Kim Lip. Without hesitation, she yelled at the girl.

 

“HOLD MY CHANCLAS! YOU AIN’T GOING ANYWHERE WITHOUT A DIPLOMA IN THE VERY LEAST..” Both the 7th and 8th girls watched in terror as they witnessed the fury of the 6th member unleashed out of her smol body. 

 

“Well.. I guess that’s her answer?” Jinsoul laughed dryly while facing the depressed student. 

 

She then scooted closer and whispered something to Choerry’s, whom she quickly became buddies with. 

 

“Hey what are you two mumbling about?” Kim Lip asked uneasily as she watched the other two girls grin in front of her slyly. 

 

“Alright, we’re done here. Let’s eat dinner now.” The oldest girl then got ready to leave the house to get food for the three of them. 

 

---

 

Meanwhile in the room of YYXY…

 

“I’ve decided to drop out.” Hyejoo said it without hesitation to her three members. While two of the older members are in shock, the former drop-out student was crying tears of joy. 

 

“Yay! I have another drop-out buddy. Now, we can spend more time together.” The two then indulged in their couple time as their parents simply shook their heads in denial. 

 

“Well… That’s what the girl wants right, we can’t do anything about it.” The penguin clung on to the arms of her partner who’s still frozen by the unbelievable news. 

 

“Since it’s come down to this, let’s just order pizza and enjoy life!” Chuu then happily dialed the pizza store and bought what the children wanted.