Wallpaper

Parade of Clowns

A group of children entered the house of the host, making their way to Haseul’s room to complete a group project. When they reached the door, the girl hesitated and warned them of her wallpaper.

 

“Don’t be too surprised when you see the walls okay? My mum put in on for me when we first moved in cos she thinks it’s cute and similar to my style.” After getting the nods from the respective kids around her, she slowly turned the knob. 

 

Jinsoul who was the tallest in the group noticed the wallpaper first. One look at it made her have mixed feelings.

 

“Giraffes.. It’s cute alone but why? This is kinda insulting to me.” She thought in her mind as she got called out by Haseul for standing at the door awkwardly. Not like the others didn’t do too.

 

Yeojin, the class joker almost spat on the wallpaper but was reminded that she’s in someone’s house. As such, she can only ask her classmate why the horrible choice in the house where everything else was so perfectly placed in its place. 

 

“Oh, my mum just felt like it. She didn’t say any specific reason for the placement of the wallpaper.” The host nervously laughed.

 

“I think she just hates you. I mean, this stuff here is so ugly and in disarray from the other objects in your room.” Yeojin stated facts. 

 

“Well, it’s hard to change my mum’s mind, so let’s be it.” Haseul then went to the pantry area to get her classmates some food and drinks. 

 

“I almost thought her mum was a zookeeper. Which loonatic parent would keep such an image in their house at their own disposal?” Yeojin gruntled as she took in the whole view of the room. 

 

“I have to say you’re right this time. Her taste of choice is absolutely horrendous.” The giraffe herself gave a stank face to all the other giraffes around her. 

 

With a clink heard nearby, the two classmates instantly kept quiet, not wanting to let Haseul know that they’d been talking bad about her mum. 

 

“So.. shall we get started?”