Wack

Parade of Clowns

The school cafeteria crew had just cleaned up the kitchen area when her phone started ringing. It was towards evening hour so most people would have already gone home by now. She then picked up her phone and answered the call. 

 

“Hello? Who’s this?” She asked since an unfamiliar voice was speaking on the other side of the call. 

 

“Oh hey, you don’t remember me? This is Jung Eun. We met at the company party last year and I was hoping to see if this is the right number so that we can follow up on the plans that we scheduled out months ago. I heard you change a new number so if it’s okay with you, perhaps you can confirm with me on that?”

 

“...” The cafe staff was simply holding her phone to a distance from her ears as the person rambled on loudly on the call itself. 

 

“No, I don’t know you and you talk way too much and too loud.” The woman was about to hang up the phone call when she heard a screech from the device held in her hand.

 

“WAIT!!! HEAR ME OUT!”

 

She was sure her phone wasn’t on speaker mode. 

 

Rolling her eyes, she dealt with the other woman tiredly. 

 

“What now? I need to leave this place if not security will start to chase me out. It’s late and I really need to get going.” Jinsoul told the woman directly over the line even though she disliked doing so to a stranger she had never met before. 

 

“Hey, tell you what? Let’s meet up. Where you at?” A response came back and the lady gawked at her phone as she silently judged this woman. 

 

“Uh.. Down Luna Street 12.. Why?” The lady was interested to see where this conversation was going so she gave an answer so as to shoo the other person away. However, luck wasn’t on her side that day when the answer she got was not what she wanted. 

 

“Okay, I’ll see you there. See you in 1 hour’s time.” The person immediately hung up. 

 

“What the…” The blond crew stared at her phone and headed towards the school gate. 

 

“Screw Mondays.”

 

---

 

A certain woman was waiting by a streetlamp down the avenue of buildings with brightly lit lights shining from inside. Looking across the streets while putting in earphones to entertain herself, she did not notice another lady walking towards her in a hesitant manner. 

 

“Hey..” A soft whimper can be heard from the lady but the staff crew could not hear anything since her ears are occupied with something else. Placing herself still next to the woman for the next 15 minutes, the oblivious fish suddenly got startled when she felt her arm slowly brush against some stranger’s clothing. 

 

“...” 

 

The eyes of the two women met each other and they stared at one another for a while before a policeman walking past them interrupted their already awkward meeting. 

 

“Hey you two useless lesbians, get off from the road. We don’t want more memes about accidents.” 

 

When that word came out of the guy’s mouth, the woman in the business suit froze, with her ears highlighted with cherry flavored tint. 

 

“Wha-” She was ready to fight back against the false accusations but decided to hold herself back in front of the stranger beside her.

 

“He’s not wrong though, why are you on the road?” The older one of the two smirked to the other woman. 

 

“I couldn’t get your attention, you little twerp!” The businesswoman lashed back at her but paused when she couldn’t call her since she doesn’t know the stranger’s name. 

 

“Sorry, you’re?”

 

“Jung Eun.”

 

“... Are you clowning me?” A pair of dead eyes befell on the blond lady. 

 

“That’s your name right?” The dumb blond answered her question before getting her head smacked with a plastic file that the other woman had in her arms. 

 

“I’m asking you what’s your name, and you answered me with my own name. Are you okay?” Jung Eun then scanned through the profile of the woman she was talking to based on her outfit.

 

Among all the things that she wanted to convey, only one thought stood out from the rest in her mind.

 

“Damn, you’re making the heat stronger in here.” She muttered under her breath as she fanned her own fans rapidly. 

 

“Hmm? You said something?” The blondie took out her earphones for real this time. 

 

“Nothing.” The businesswoman felt like she should keep shut to prevent herself from digging her own grave. But honestly speaking, wearing a black crop top paired with a pair of workout pants, along with a black sling bag… Isn’t that hot?

 

Feeling curious about the woman’s backgrounds, she pressed on to ask for more information about the lady in front of her now. 

 

“What do you work as?” 

 

“Hmm, I work in a school nearby from here as a crew for the school cafeteria.” Jinsoul didn’t hesitate to answer the woman who’s currently looking like an angry bird. Just a more cute version of it. 

 

“Your look.. It kinda reminds me of a meme.. Are you a meme?” The blond woman returned the question back to the woman who asked her the same question minutes ago. 

 

“...”

 

By now, Jung Eun was convinced that the woman she’s conversing with could be either a genius or just a really dumb person. After all, grades in school don’t say much about your personality as a person. But nonetheless, she was very much entertained by this human breathing the same air as her in such close proximity. 

 

“Do you wanna date me?” The ~NOT~ North Korean political leader boldly asked the question to the blond lady, seemingly expecting a huge refusal from her due to the previous responses she received even from the start of the phone call. 

 

“Sure, I would love to date a cutie like you.” 

 

The businesswoman’s ears were spilling rainbows.

 

“Had I had too much Skittles during my work break just now? It couldn’t be..”

 

“True. There, I finished your sentence. Now, go out with me.” It was now the turn for the shorter woman to freeze in her spot for a good amount of time when the same policeman somehow found his way back to the women. 

 

“Hey you useless couple, go to a hotel and settle your stuff. There are kids here.” 

 

“...”

 

Both women were now blushing hard at the words of the policeman, but they quickly tagged him as he was about to get in his vehicle. 

 

“Hey, you wanna come with us?” The blond lady asked him. 

 

“What kinda- Are you wack?” He then quickly left to avoid going to jail. 

 

“Why would you ask him that? You crazy?” Jung Eun tagged the woman’s arms. 

 

“I don’t know.. Was he our cupid or something?” Jinsoul rubbed her head and walked into a lamp-post. 

 

“Yeah right. You’re wack.”