DESIGNATED EXTROVERT

jenlisa short fics

Jennie was never one to socialize. 1) Because interacting with humans is absolutely tiring 2) spending weekends in bed is actually better than anything else and 3) Youtube is better than talking to people. But Jisoo Kim has always been a social butterfly, and Jennie often questions her parents if she and Jisoo were really siblings to begin with…and if you’re interested in their answers, then it’s a “yes”, at least that’s what they said.

Jisoo loved dragging Jennie to huge events, may it be Vid Con, Comicon, a buffet house, and common college parties where people just get drunk and play truth or dare. Tonight was no different, Kai, a junior from their university was throwing a party tonight to celebrate the end of another semester, and Jisoo was invited to the party which meant she now had every right to force her sister to come with her to be her designated driver. And sometimes Jennie wondered if Jisoo really was the older sibling.

“Unnie, this is the last time we’re going to a party” Jennie said firmly as she and Jisoo were making their way to Kai’s house

“Jennie, you know this isn’t the last time” Jisoo said

“I know, and it’s devastating” Jennie sighed

Jisoo giggled as she then knocked on the door. A few drunken college dudes opened it as they hollered their arrival, Jennie stepped inside uncomfortably, and Jisoo on the other hand saw her group of friends and immediately made her way towards them leaving Jennie behind. Jennie looked around the place and saw how modern and rich Kai’s parents were, yeah Kai’s parents, because Kai wasn’t exactly getting by with a 1.5 GPA. Most of the walls were covered with beautiful Victorian like wallpapers, the ceilings, despite the questionable amount of pancakes stuck up there, were matte black which gave out a dark aura to the house, the living room was packed with people, couples were making out on the couch, others were already playing spin the bottle while a fair few were actually watching Riverdale that was playing on the 42 flat screen television. The rest of the house was a total mess, Cardi B songs were booming through the sound system and another set of sounds were playing outside were people were enjoying the pool.

God, Jennie really hated wasted college kids, call her a buzz kill if you want, but she’d really rather have a whole night to herself with a tub of rocky road ice cream while watching The Office rather than a gone-wrong season of Riverdale or a unnecessary season of 13 Reasons Why. Jennie could even imagine herself in her bed, under the covers of her really soft blanket that her Mom had bought her for her 14th birthday, the lights off and only a whale night light on, then she’d have her fluffy socks on with the AC to the highest level, she’d be in her favorite black matching pajamas, her hair in a messy bun, contacts off, glasses on, and then she’d probably end up sleeping at around 2 AM with no regrets, mind you, and she’d wake up with a pounding headache but not because of a hang over, but because of watching too good episodes of The Office, then she’d have some iced coffee in the morning to make it all better.

What a great imagination Jennie had eh?

She would’ve been spending her night like that though, but alas she had an older sister who likes to drag her to such crowded parties where people grind against each other, looking for a good hook up or looking to get drunk for no apparent reason.

And who the hell cares if it’s the end of a semester, ANOTHER SEMESTER’S GONNA START ANYWAY.

Jennie then saw Lisa Manoban probably walking towards the bottles of alcohol near Jennie. Now Jennie actually knew Lisa because the girl was pretty much of a socializer and she’s part of the university’s council which meant she would literally have to talk to most of her block mates to make sure everything’s doing swell…and well, despite the nightly breakdowns and morning groans, Jennie guessed everything was going swell indeed.

Just as Jennie was going through different stories in her head, Lisa poked her arm, making Jennie look at her weirdly. Lisa was smiling widely at her. Jennie looked behind her, some college kids liked pranking her like this so she was just making sure okay, because the last time someone approached her, she ended up in the ER needing 5 stitches on her elbow because the drunk girl decided it would be fun to sneak up behind Jennie and stab her elbow with a butter knife.

“Hello, glad you could make it! I’ll be your designated extrovert for the evening, if you could please follow me” Lisa said as she held her arm out

What exactly was she expected Jennie to do with her arm?

“You’re supposed to hold on to it” Lisa whispered

“Why?” Jennie asked

Lisa chuckled as she put her hand down.

“I’ve seen you go to every party your sister drags you to and you just literally stand there in one corner to judge everyone” Lisa said

“I don’t see where you’re going with this?” Jennie asked

“Well what I’m trying to say is that I will be your designated extrovert for tonight, so you have no choice but to hang out with my loud mouth for tonight” Lisa said in an authoritative voice, she didn’t look authoritative to Jennie though, she kind of looked foolish…yet cute

“Okay?” Jennie said hesitantly

“Don’t worry, I won’t make you drink any alcohol, that thing’s nasty anyway” Lisa said And I will not force you to interact with anyone. One loud Lisa is enough” she added, she then held Jennie’s hand and dragged her up to the roof top which was surprisingly empty.

“Are we even allowed up here?” Jennie asked

“Yep! No need to worry about anything. Kai doesn’t allow drunken people to come up here…something about not wanting anyone to jump off a roof” Lisa said which made her chuckle

Jennie took hesitant steps until she reached the edge; she looked down only to see dozens of college kids going crazy at the pool side. Jennie quickly walked away from that scene and decided to sit down at the middle, despite the loudness of the people from below, Jennie admired the peace that surrounded in her head, and then Lisa sat down beside her, leaving like an inch or 2 between them. Not exactly the distance Jennie was hoping for, ‘coz she’d rather have Lisa sit at least 20 feet away from her, but Jennie just shrugged the thought away and focused on the stars above them, they were extra beautiful tonight.

“Are you glad to be away from the ruckus?” Lisa asked

“Who wouldn’t?” Jennie said

“Well it’s safe up here. No alcohol, no mean girls and guys” Lisa said

“Oh well thank you for saving me then” Jennie said

“Trust me, I was trying to save myself too” Lisa joked

“I honestly thought you were gonna go hella extrovert on me tonight” Jennie admitted

“I would’ve broken the introvert in you if I did that, Jennie” Lisa said

“How do you know me?” Jennie asked

“I think I talked to you two or three times during homeroom back in high school” Lisa said “And I guess last semester I once asked you what time it was” she added

Jennie chuckled and Lisa did as well.

“I can’t believe you knew me back in high school” Jennie said

“How is that hard to believe?” Lisa asked

Jennie was taken aback. Like, geez how the hell is she supposed to respond to that? She doesn’t exactly wanna say “oh because no one really remembers me anyway”, that sounded too sad and depressing that she didn’t want Lisa to pity her or look at her in a sad way.

“I don’t know” Jennie said

They were silent for a while, only the screaming people from below could be heard, and the occasional rustling of the trees from behind them as well. Jennie took a chance and glanced at the now quiet Lisa, indeed she was one of the prettiest girls in campus, boys and girls chased her all the time but Lisa never entertained anyone at all, there were rumors that Lisa was actually engaged already, some rumors say that Lisa was incapable of loving, Jennie thought all the rumors were stupid. No one has the right to speak for someone else, and spreading rumors like that just comes to prove of what kind of person you are for spreading such nonsense.

“A penny for your thoughts?” Lisa suddenly spoke

“Oh it’s nothing” Jennie said

“Come on, I’ll listen” Lisa said

Jennie hesitated, she nervously laughed.

“Why are you here with me tonight, Lisa?” Jennie asked

Lisa looked at her with a small smile.

“2nd grade…we were in 2nd grade when I first saw you. You had pigtails and dozens of colorful clips and ribbons in your hair, it made me giggle so much that my mom had to buy me the same thing but I was too embarrassed to wear it to school because I thought you mind think of me as a copycat” Lisa said, Jennie just looked at her, not knowing where she was going with

“I was really scared to talk to you because you were such a smart kid and I didn’t wanna embarrass myself in front of you” Lisa said

“Were you scared I was gonna laugh at you because you wouldn’t know what 9 x 7 was?” Jennie teased

“Probably” Lisa said, Jennie chuckled at her

“In 3rd grade I remember seeing Jisoo pick you up from our classroom and she was just this huge ball of energy and our classmates loved her” Lisa said

“Yeah, Jisoo is still like that” Jennie said with a big smile

“But I saw you in one corner, probably praying to the gods for Jisoo to hurry up because you were probably itching to get home to watch some Science show or something” Lisa said

“If you count Drake and Josh as a Science show then…yes” Jennie joked

Lisa laughed at the joke.

“I love Drake and Josh too” Lisa added

“I also remember how pretty you looked during our grade school graduation” Lisa said “No more pigtails, but your hair was a bit wavy for the event and you took your glasses off for the first time”

Jennie groaned.

“Wavy hair was the worst decision I made. I looked like a worn out version of Moana” Jennie said

“Well I think you look beautiful” Lisa said

“Looked. Past tense” Jennie corrected her

“Look. Present tense” Lisa corrected her, making Jennie shake her head to hide her blushing state

“In high school you pretty much hid yourself in the back row of the classroom in every single subject. You’d always eat lunch with your sister and only with your sister, and there would be times when friends of Jisoo would ask if they could steal Jisoo for a sec but Jisoo would always decline” Lisa said

True enough, despite Jisoo’s constant nagging about how Jennie should start making friends, Jisoo would never really leave Jennie in a situation that would only add more anxiety to her, Jisoo had always been a loving sister to Jennie, it’s just the random parties, man, Jisoo just love these parties and every single sociable event that she just has to bring Jennie along.

“She’s been doing pretty great at dragging me to crowded places” Jennie said

“She loves you though. She told me so herself” Lisa said

Jennie looked at Lisa to see if she was serious.

“The end of the 2nd semester of our freshmen year, Jisoo and I hung out once after the elections and we were just talking about stuff, she got drunk because she was devastated that Chaeyoung wouldn’t text her back, then she got real after that” Lisa said

“Real?” Jennie asked

“She kept mumbling how much she would die for you, that she would take a bullet for you, that she wouldn’t know what to do with her ed up life if you weren’t in it, the cheesiest thing she said was that you’re the yin to her yang, and that everything made sense as long as she had you by her side. She said she wouldn’t ask for another sister” Lisa said

Jennie was starting to tear up a bit, she knew her sister wasn’t just going through a ing happy-go-lucky phase for 3 years straight, she knew that her sister wanted her to accompany her for a reason, and Jennie knows Jisoo would never tell her that face to face, and Jennie may also never tell her sister that she would stay with her at all times.

“She also granted me her blessing…” Lisa said

“Blessing?” Jennie repeated

“I asked her if it was alright if I could take her sister out for a date, say…this Saturday maybe?” Lisa said

Jennie’s eyes widened.

“W-What did Jisoo say?” Jennie asked

“She said and I quote ‘Yeah, it’s getting depressing seeing you love my sister from afar, it’s time to take her out’” Lisa said

Jennie was blushing and smiling at Lisa.

“So can I have your blessing?” Lisa asked

“I…um—yes” Jennie said

Lisa laughed nervously, it was Jennie’s first time to see the girl so flustered and worried and nervous, she looked absolutely adorable.

“Okay, but we should probably head down now, I think Jisoo put a timer on us, I promised her I’d bring you back down after 30 minutes” Lisa said as she stood up and held out her hand for Jennie to take

“Lisa?” Jennie called out as she and Lisa were making their way down stairs

“Thank you for being my designated extrovert for tonight” Jennie said

“More than welcome” Lisa said

Jennie grinned as she let Lisa lead the way down, and just as expected, Jisoo was standing by the door waiting for them, Jennie saw her sister’s stiff shoulders relax the moment she had seen Jennie and Lisa come down. Jennie smiled at how crazy the night had gotten, she had come here with one loud extrovert, and now she was leaving with two, and maybe that wasn’t so bad.