BIRTHDAY (JENCHULICHAENG)

jenlisa short fics

It was the wee hours of morning when the rain started to hit hard; Jennie was still sound asleep in her room whilst Lisa, Jisoo and Chaeyoung were all up and awake. The trio was busy baking a cake for Jennie’s birthday which was today; they had been planning this day for quite a while now. The three have always been a solid squad since their high school days, unfortunately they were taking up different courses in college, Jisoo decided on Drama, Lisa with Dance, Chaeyoung with Music, and Jennie with Writing, but fortunately they had agreed on being roommates, they rented out an apartment that was good for four people and everything was going quite well.

 

This year would be the first year that they would be celebrating Jennie’s birthday, only because Jisoo finally found out when Jennie’s birthday is; the girl had been so private about her birthday that the trio had given up trying to ask her about it back in sophomore year, but after Jisoo secretly sneaked at Jennie’s medical claim slip, she immediately told the girls about and since then they had started secretly planning on surprising the girl.

 

They knew Jennie didn’t really like going out, or having dinner outside, or even going to places that involved a lot of people, they had decided on just having a mini party in their apartment. They settled on just baking a cake and they had bought some ingredients so they could cook up some homemade Korean dishes that they were sure Jennie missed. Since none of them were really that good in the kitchen, they decided on letting Lisa sit this out to avoid any unnecessary fires, luckily Chaeyoung learned a lot just by watching Jennie cook, she was assigned to cook while Jisoo baked.

 

“Do you think she’ll like it?” Jisoo asked as she got the cake out of the oven

 

Lisa looked at the clock that read 6:30 AM; the raining was still pouring hard. Chaeyoung was almost done cooking some kimchi rice and Jennie’s favorite dumplings, everything looked delectable and they smelled delicious.

 

“I’m sure she’ll love it, Unnie” Lisa replied

 

“Go grab some milk, Lis” Chaeyoung said

 

Lisa saluted as she grabbed a mug that she just got for Jennie, it was shaped like those aliens from Toy Story and she’s sure Jennie would instantly fall in love with. Lisa then poured milk into then placed it on the wooden tray together with the kimchi rice and dumplings. Jisoo was still putting on the icing while Chaeyoung was cutting out some cute designs to put on the cake.

 

“What time does she wake up again?” Chaeyoung asked

“Around 7” Lisa replied

“And you’re sure she wasn’t suspicious?” Jisoo asked

“I think so” Lisa said

“She wasn’t weirded out that you didn’t camp out in her room tonight?” Jisoo asked

“She was sort of taken aback when I told her I wanted to sleep in my room tonight but I told her I was having a pounding head ache and I didn’t want to stir so much in bed” Lisa said

“That was pathetic…but at least it worked” Chaeyoung said

“You know I’m not good at lying, especially if it’s Jennie” Lisa said while pouting

 

The two giggled at her, the youngest girl really did have a soft spot for Jennie, she couldn’t resist Jennie and she’s always weak for her, she’d tell her everything possible, and this little thing they were planning since weeks ago was starting to kill Lisa. Luckily the girl kept it quiet.

 

“Alright, well I think we’re done” Jisoo said with a victorious smile

 

The cake was simple, unlike the cakes Jennie’s would bake them for their birthday, theirs was okay, it had little rainbows and unicorns that Jennie really loved, and they made sure it had black and pink colors which were Jennie’s favorites, it was also a red velvet cake since Jennie isn’t really a fan of chocolates. They had put way too much thought into the cake that even though it wasn’t the prettiest of the tastiest, they knew it was perfect in its own way and they hoped Jennie would love it.

 

 

Jennie stirred in her sleep, it was getting colder by the second and Jennie was too lazy to get up and turn off the AC, so she settled on nuzzling into her comforter and blankets, luckily she wore socks too. She could tell it was raining but she was still sorta half asleep, but she knew she was going to wake up any second now. But Jennie didn’t really wanna wake up yet, she knew it was the morning of her birthday; you see, Jennie has never really celebrated her birthday since she was a kid, her mom and dad had died from a car accident…on her very birthday. They were coming back from a business trip and they seemed to have dropped by a toy store to maybe buy their daughter a present but just when they had parked their car, a massive ten wheeler truck had lost its brakes, crashing into them, killing them instantly. Jennie never saw the need to celebrate her birthday ever since then, it never reminded her of a happy memory anyways, so why bother. No one has greeted her a happy birthday too, because she didn’t really want anyone to.

 

And literally all this drama was coming up just because she doesn’t wanna get up yet. But Jennie knew she had to, she was wide awake now but her eyes remained closed, she stayed nuzzled in her comfy bed, listening to the pouring rain.

 

Soon enough Jennie’s door creaked open, the light’s in Jennie’s room , Jennie panicked a bit and sat up in a jolt only to see Lisa, Jisoo and Chaeyoung carefully walking towards her with a tray of food and a cake in their hands as they sang Jennie a happy birthday.

Jennie looked at her friends, they were wearing wide smiles as they placed the food and the cake on Jennie’s empty bedside table, and they then circled around her and hugged her so tightly that breathing was deemed impossible.

 

Jennie didn’t know how or when it started, but she was sobbing, her shoulders were going up and down from the intense sobs coming out from her, she felt her friends just hug her more tightly, none of them spoke a word, and the only sound was the storm outside and Chaeyoung’s occasional “hushes” as the two would rub Jennie’s back.

 

Once Jennie’s sobs calmed down a bit, they let go as they smiled at her, Lisa cupped Jennie’s face and wiped away the tears that were still streaming down her face, Jennie chuckled as she grabbed Lisa’s hands and kissed the inside of her palm, Jennie then proceeded to kiss Jisoo’s cheeks and Chaeyoung’s forehead.

 

“I love you, guys” Jennie said

 

The three burst out in grins as they tackled the girl in another hug.

 

“Oh Unnie, make a wish!” Chaeyoung exclaimed

 

Jennie looked at the cake and smiled at it. She then looked back up at the three girls who finally made her birthday happy again, and no matter in what way they found out when it was, it didn’t matter, because right now, Jennie finally has a reason to celebrate it again.

 

 

“I wish I could have more birthdays with you all” Jennie said as she looked at her girls lovingly

 

 

---

A/N: yes a triple update bc it's my birthday haha