I SWEAR YOU GUYS HATED EACH OTHER

jenlisa short fics

Jisoo saw how Lisa and Jennie went from rivals to…best friends? Okay, she’s not entirely sure of that latter part but Jisoo was very much sure of how much the two absolutely loathed each other the moment they had met in 7th grade. Both were over achievers, the typical ‘I should be number 1!’ kind of students, they didn’t care about other competitive students, as long as they would achieve more than the other.

They had graduated high school and everything and everyone still thinks that the two remained resenting each other, and why does everyone think this? Because the two ended up going to the same college and taking up the same course, unfortunately being classmates for every single subject they had.

Jisoo was Lisa’s friend, so the girl had heard every single rant Lisa had about Jennie, and the girl would rant a lot about Jennie, she just really hated Jennie and her guts, and Jisoo had stopped trying to convince Lisa that Jennie was a great person the moment Lisa was on her 3rd year and 2nd week of ranting about the girl.

Jisoo was also Jennie’s friend though, so she was present during every single rant show Jennie would put on during every single sleepover they usually had back in high school. Much like Lisa, Jennie hated Lisa with all her heart, she would ignore every good thing Jisoo would tell her about Lisa and she would almost always emphasize the hate she had for the girl.

So basically, Jisoo is sure the two still hates each other. But after transferring to Jennie and Lisa’s college, Jisoo was given the news that Jennie and Lisa were best friends. Jisoo laughed so hard at the idea of the two being friends, let alone, best friends. Luckily Jisoo had met up with some former high school classmates who were in the same college as well, and they were certain the two still hated each other. But when Jisoo went to hang out with Lisa after telling her she was going to school at the same college as hers, she was surprised to see Jennie tagging along with a bright smile, her arm locked over Lisa’s arm, both were what seemed to be…skipping towards her.

“Is this a prank?” Jisoo had asked them, the two only laughed and shook their heads

“We’re not ting on you, if that’s what you’re thinking” Lisa had said firmly

Months have passed and Jisoo still wasn’t convinced that the two were really the best of friends, only because she still felt as though the two were still secretly trying to sabotage the other. But…sometimes she questioned her own self. Like that one time at the team building event…

Jennie and Lisa were sitting down on an old, beat up bench that could fortunately still hold up two grown human beings; Lisa had Jennie in her arms, she was holding her phone as they both were probably watching another ridiculous episode from the FBE or React Channel.

Never in Jisoo’s life did she think she would see Jennie and Lisa being all sweet and giggly with each other. It honestly made her question everything in the world. Was this a Mandela Effect? A conspiracy theory maybe? All of this was probably heading off to an episode of Buzzfeed Unsolved.

“Jisoo?” Jennie called out

“Yeah?” Jisoo asked

“Lisa was asking if maybe you wanna join us for lunch? You’ve been spacing out quite often, do you wanna talk about it?” Jennie asked, Jisoo didn’t even notice that the two were already standing in front of her, their hands intertwined, which only made Jisoo raise an eyebrow at it

“Uh…sure, lunch sounds good” Jisoo said

And lunch was good, pizza and Korean dishes were served for today’s lunch and everyone was having a blast sharing stories and laughing at each other’s antics, Jisoo was indeed with Jennie and Lisa but the two were busy playing with their food and teasing each other. Deep down Jisoo smirked because at least the two still knew how to bicker with each other.

 

But then there was that one time at their university’s festival…

Jisoo wanted to think Lisa actually wanted to invite her to go on rides and eat from different food stalls in the festival but Lisa has been spending 20 minutes telling Jisoo of how spectacular Jennie is, and it kinda makes Jisoo weirded out at the same time she’s kinda still in doubt of whatever was happening.

“Oh and one time Jennie ed out to this douchebag whom she said “kept looking at my nonexistent ” and she almost punched the guy, oh my gosh I was actually rooting for her, Unnie” Lisa said with a wide grin on her face

“Is Jennie coming with us today?” Jisoo asked

“Unfortunately she can’t. She’s visiting her grandmother today” Lisa said with a pout

 

Jisoo was finally coming to the conclusion that maybe Jennie and Lisa are actually the best of friends already, maybe they had finally set aside their past and hatred for each other and decided to settle on being friends whilst unexpectedly learning that they were actually meant to be best friends all along.

“Hey, Jisoo Unnie” Lisa suddenly popped out

Jisoo smiled.

“Hey, what’s up?” Jisoo asked, noticing Jennie wasn’t with her “Where’s Jen?” she asked

“She called in sick today and I was hoping you could accompany me to the supermarket? I wanna drop by her house after class and make her some chicken soup that my mom always made for me” Lisa explained

Jisoo looked at her weirdly but decided to shrug it off.

“Sure, can I come with you later to take care of that mandu?” Jisoo asked

“Sure! Jennie would be glad to see you” Lisa said

And off to the supermarket they went, since Jisoo didn’t bring her car, Lisa drove them there all the while blasting off songs from Lalaland and The Vampire Diaries, Jisoo had looked at her with a questionable look, Lisa simply shrugged and muttered “It’s Jennie’s playlist”. As they then started looking for ingredients for the soup, Lisa would get distracted by some cheese puffs and any drink involving milk, and when Jisoo asked her, Lisa said “It’s Jennie’s favorites! I’ll buy these because she might be craving for these once she gets better” and after buying enough ingredients and random food for Jennie, the two rode back to school for their remaining classes which lasted at least just an hour, after so, Lisa drove them to Jennie’s place.

Jennie’s house was huge, and Jisoo almost forgot how mothering rich this girl was, she had always been humble anyways so Jisoo understood. There was one thing Jisoo didn’t expect though…

“What do you mean you have to confirm to Jennie about who I am?” Jisoo asked in such a y tone to the said butler of the household

“I’m sorry, ma’am. But it’s the Kim’s orders” the butler said

“Well why does Lisa get to get inside? You didn’t even look at her longer than 2 seconds” Jisoo whined

Lisa chuckled.

“David, it’s okay. I already told Jennie that Jisoo will be coming with me” Lisa told the butler, who immediately nodded and gave way for Jisoo to come in

“That took longer than expected, Darwin” Jisoo said

“It’s David” he said

“And I’m Goliath, but I ain’t letting you conquer me” Jisoo said

Lisa simply found it amusing, but she then dragged the girl up with her before she might start a fight with the 50 year old butler that was just doing his job.

Lisa then led Jisoo to Jennie’s bedroom and Jisoo swore Lisa knew this place even if she had her eyes closed, she just smoothly walked through Jennie’s door, and there they saw the girl with massive amounts of blankets over her, she looked like a burrito, and it honestly made Jisoo crave for one.

Lisa then made her way to the burrito—Jennie.

“Hey” Lisa called out, Jennie then smiled at the girl

“Hi” Jennie said, her voice was hoarse

“Jisoo Unnie’s here” Lisa said, Jennie looked at Jisoo and gave a small smile and wave

Jisoo approached them and smiled at Jennie.

“You’re looking fine, girl” Jisoo teased, making Jennie laugh

“You too, Unnie” Jennie said

“Jisoo Unnie can keep you company for a bit, okay? I’m gonna go and cook you some chicken soup” Lisa said, but just as she was about to get up, Jennie tugged on the taller one’s sleeve

“Yeah?” Lisa asked

“Kiss” Jennie asked shyly, obviously knowing Jisoo was there

Jisoo furrowed her eyebrows at the request.

Lisa blushed at the statement but got down and kissed Jennie on the lips.

Jisoo was shooketh.

“I swear you guys hated each other” Jisoo said

Jennie and Lisa could only blush and laugh at the older girl’s statement.

 

But now Jisoo understood, and although she’s surprised, at least now she knew she was right, that these two could never be best friends, because it looks like they found something more.