The Changes

Our Fate is in Our Hands

Falling out of a mattress onto a cold floor wasn't the best wake up call, but it served it's purpose. Jason, who was still groggy with sleep, glanced toward the bed where YoungKi was still sleeping peacefully. He groaned to himself as he pulled out his cell phone to see what time it was. He was surprised to find it only an hour from practice time. He was sure that they would have a lot of making up to do, a lot of punishment to take...but suddenly he felt as though he could take it all. He would be able to take it all himself, because for the first time in his life he had helped someone else.
 

"Hyung?!? You are here? How is he?"

 

He nearly jumped out of his skin when his dongsaeng ran into the room, quickly dropping onto his knees beside him. He took a moment to reply, letting his heart calm back down.

"He slept all night. He is doing fine." Jason stared at YoungKi as he spoke. He just realized that YoungKi slept peacefully all night. He hadn't woken up once because of the younger man and he actually felt...comfortable. Who knew that sleeping beside someone could be so warm and comfortable?

 

"Hyung?"


"Hmm?" Jason didn't take his eyes off of YoungKi. He was too fascinated at this point ot pay any attention to anything or anyone else.

 

"Did something happen last night?"

 

"What do you mean, ShinJung?"


"Nothing...it's just that you are staring at YoungKi with a face I had never seen before."

 

Jason snapped his eyes away from his maknae and over to ShinJung. He could see the smirk played out across his face...as if he knew something.

 

"I was not. Now why don't you go see where EeBum is? It's getting close to practice."

 

"No need hyung! I'm here."

 

Eebum walked in with a few bags in his hand.

 

"What is that?" ShinJung asked in curiosity.

 

"Breakfast! From that restaurant a few blocks down. I figured that YoungKi would need it."

 

EeBum placed a few boxes down, before announcing that they could eat.

 

Jason turned around, finding that YoungKi was now awake. He watched as his maknae pushed himself up.

 

"YoungKi!" ShinJung moved to sit beside the maknae. I wondered if they were close? It would make sense, since they were the youngest.

 

We all began to eat, the three oldest watching YoungKi eat. He ate slowly and without looking up.

 

"Are you cold?"

 

Jason moved closer when he saw YoungKi shiver. It was the first time the maknae raised his head.

 

"No. Don't come near me."

 

Jason halted, his soft gaze turning into a hard one. He didn't understand why his maknae was acting like this. He put his plate down before leaving the room silently. He didn't want to burst in anger at that moment, but rather calm down outside. So he paced in front of the practice room.

 

"Jason Hyung, we are meeting in the office." EeBum walked towards him with a dancer's grace.

 

As if things couldn't get worse...the office never meant anything good. He knew exactly why they were being sent there too. They had missed a full day of practice before, so they were sure to get punished.

 

He walked up the steps with EeBum close behind him. He was even more upset when they met in the office where YoungKi was shivering violently as ShinJung rubbed his shoulders.

 

"Oh Good! You are here!"

 

One of our managers sat down in a chair in front of us, smiling at us. He just hoped that they wouldn't fool around with them and just tell them their punishment.

 

"We have purchased a house for you. We are giving you today to get settled in, because from now on you will be living together. You will have meals together. You will do everything together."