You Don't Understand

Our Fate is in Our Hands

Sweat rolled down their bodies as they practiced as the same routine that they had for the past month. Together, four men made the hidden boy-group named FATE. They were hidden because they weren't to be spoken about. The idea was for them to have a surprise debut, but at this rate...it would be 20 more years before they debuted. Their attitudes towards each other weren't great. They each had their own mind set. They were all stubborn with their own ideas and wants. Even after a month, it was hard for them to get along.

They didn't spend time together outside of practice. They didn't have each other's phone numbers. They didn't even know where each and every one of them slept at night. They didn't care to know either. They all had a dream that they wanted to accomplish, and they never thought in a million years that they would have to share their dream with another person. They had strong personalities. It was unfitting for them to be a part of a group.

Instead of helping each other, they chose to help themselves. They didn't care if one failed...as long as they succeeded. Even after a month of practicing, eating at least one meal together and spending many hours together...they weren't close. They yelled at each other--often times breaking open into physical fights or word battles. There was a lot of pain that passed before their manager's and the staff that had supported them from the beginning. It was almost at that point where they needed to call it quits. They couldn't let this continue if the four of them would never be able to get along. They wouldn't make it far. They would crash and burn and then suffer.

However, the staff still had hope. They could see amazing potential. The love and the guidance that each one of them could offer to each other--it was there, but it hadn't yet been able to break free. They held onto the hope, the belief, the faith and the trust that each of them could do well.

 

Jason was the oldest member out of FATE. He had escaped being dragged into the business corporations only because his elder brother gave up his own dreams to take the job. To take over their father's position and be the heir to T.I.C. International Corporation.

 

To say that he was born into a rich family was an understatement. He was known around Korea, Japan, China and even a few countries in Europe knew about his family's business. He was beyond rich. He was famous. Now he was only two steps away from achieving his dream. The first was to drop these three men that the company had placed him with and the second was to debut with his own composition.

 

Not once did he believe that he would have to babysit three younger men. He never assumed it would happen to him. He assumed everything would go his way from the start. Now he glared around the room as he stayed close to a manager while gulping down some water. He had been chosen as the leader, which he didn't doubt that he would get. His eyes wondered across the three other men. Eebum was very close to his age, and if he had to choose who he was closest to, it would be him. It hadn't happened often, but every once in a while they would agree on a decision. There was even once or twice where they were able to have a decent conversation. However, that didn't mean that there weren't times that they disagreed. Usually they were the two that got physical. They were very strong minded and even though their personalities were similar...their ideas often collided.

 

Jason looked to ShinJung. To be honest, he had a soft spot at first for this kid. He was so quiet and he was usually pretty obedient. He worked hard and he was talented at everything. Jason even felt envious of his talent...maybe thats where his reason to argue and upset ShinJung rooted from. He felt sorry towards ShinJung often. He didn't mean to upset such a soft hearted man so easily, but it was hard not to.

 

The last person he looked to was YoungKi. This kid was the one he disagreed with most. YoungKi was strong-minded. He was headstrong. He didn't take advice easily, especially from the staff. He seemed kind of cold, but it accented his style. He was a bold kind of kid. He wasn't afraid of speaking his mind. He wasn't scared of looking all of his hyungs in the face and telling them how he felt. He had no problems speaking about other people's faults, but when someone talked about his...that is when he got defensive. That is why YoungKi and him didn't get along. Jason couldn't understand why the younger man could give such harsh judgements but then he couldn't take them. YoungKi angered easily. He cried easily too. Somehow, Jason disagreed with everything about the man. Maybe it was the difference in their blood types...who knew? However, something hurt inside of Jason whenever he saw the broken, crying YoungKi. It was something that he didn't understand, and so he didn't try.

 

 

EeBum was the second oldest. The second in command. He didn't mind at all. He felt as though he wasn't a perfect fit to be a leader, but he didn't understand how Jason was either. Somedays he could see the caring side of his leader, but more often than not he could only see the angry, aggressive and stubborn side. But there was one thing he couldn't deny. His leader was committed to hard work. In the end, it was comforting to know that he would always work hard at what he loved...he would work hard to achieve his dream.

 

Lately, he has been trying to see every side of every situation. He felt sick of trying and nothing working. There was only a want for all of us to get along. It shouldn't have been this hard. They were all sharing the same dream. They wanted the same things. So why was it so hard to work together? It was something he still didn't understand. He didn't understand the arguments that they got in, or why they fought over the things they did. Why didn't they try to get to know each other? Or why didn't they exchange phone numbers? Why couldn't there be one conversation where they could be calm? Couldn't they understand each other's feeling at least once?

 

He just wanted them to be able to achieve their individual dreams. Even if they couldn't do it together, maybe they could work together to at least accomplish something, instead of letting something go to waste.

 

Staring across the room, at the floor and at the multiple of people in the room...he couldn't explain his feelings. His feelings of love for being where he was. He loved to dance. He loved to be on the dance floor. He loved to rap too.

ShinJung was unique. A lot of the members had problems with each other, but he didn't feel that way. He felt as though they were working out their differences. It was just going to take a while. Nothing important ever came easy. He smiled. Even though s were spread out across the room, not one standing close to another, it felt as though they all had the same feelings. They were sharing at least one thought right now. Even though it wasn't a positive thought, it was still something.

 

Why he always thought optimistically was beyond him, but the feeling of needing to be neutral held true in his heart. He wanted to be open to s. He wanted to be there for each and every one of them...even if they would never accept the fact. He felt as though he had already bonded with the members. Each one of them had at least treated him kindly at least once. Jason had treated him to a meal one night...the only night that they had spent together outside of practice. EeBum and him were pretty close actually. After a few aruments in the first week, we had quickly gotten past a lot of our differences. It turned out that we were a lot alike. YoungKi, although he didn't show it, to see that he was a bit shy wasn't easy. At first, there was a strong impression that he was obnoxious. However, after talking to him a few times, ShinJung was able to see YoungKi's true thoughts and feelings--although he did his best to hide them.

 

He could finally see and understand each of their feelings. He hadn't figured out how to use it to bring them together yet, but he was trying his best to figure it out.

 

 

YoungKi had a hard past and now even a harder everyday life. It was hard on him to live alone. It was hard for him to understand the happiness that the company, the staff, and even s gave him. Even though they all argued, in a way he felt like he had a family.

 

Staring out the window during every break wasn't easy, but sometimes it was the only way he could stay awake. He was exhausted. He was exhausted with fighting, with working, with dancing and singing. He was exhausted with all of it and yet he couldn't not love it. He loved every moment. Even if it was painful to be yelled at or to yell at another. Even if it hurt to think that he was alone. He loved every moment of his life because he refused to give up. Instead, he was working so hard to prove his parents wrong. The parents who had disowned him and had told him to abandon his dreams...he wanted to prove them wrong.

 

In a way, he felt as though the members were more of a family. Even if they hated him and barely talked to him, they seemed more like a family than his own parents. At least they shared the same dream, even if they couldn't support each other. At least they could understand what each other wanted.

 

YoungKi dropped his head to look at the necklace that he held firmly in his hand. It was the last gift he had received from his younger brother. He felt so sorry towards him, because he had left him in America with his parents.

 

"YoungKi, time is up." One of the managers smiled weakly at him."

 

He placed the necklace neatly back in the small cardboard box and then put it back into his backpack before walking back out onto the floor. He joined s. Although they were all tense with anger, emotion and their own dreams. It felt like home to him. Where else would he fight and love so much? He couldn't think of anywhere else

 

The routine was firmly in his mind. It was the same routine that they had learned a month ago. There was a rotation of routines that theyhad learned, and each one of them were burned into their minds. Even if YoungKi wasn't the best dancer, he was able to get through each one gracefully and without mistake now. There had been fights over his dancing, which caused him to learn quickly. He didn't want needless fighting that would end up making him cry. He cried because he didn't want to hold anyone up...even if he had done nothing wrong.

 

Hours on end, routine after routine, they practiced. They practiced until their muscles went hard and tired with use, sweat covered their bodies making them cold. They were hungry and it was time to say goodnight to the practice room for the night.

 

YoungKi hated this moment the most. To say good-bye to the place he loved most was hard, because he didn't have a home. He didn't have anywhere to go after this except to work, which noone else knew about. He had to work though. Even if it was only for a small amount of money each night, he worked hard to raise a little money and save it. He was able to get a free meal where he worked to, so in the end everything payed off...even if he hardly got any sleep. Ever.

 

He slept when he could. He did what he had to. He had to survive. He had to proove to his family that he had it in him. He was capable of being a talented star and he would show the world.

 

YoungKi was the last one to leave the practice room with all of his things. All of his hyungs were in front of him, and although they were walking together, not one of them said a word. Not one of them looked at each other. He felt frustrated, wondering if this was how it would always be. Would it always be tense? Would there always be the harsh feeling of being alone?

 

"YoungKi! Hurry!"

 

To hear someone call his name so easily. It had been a long time since he had heard it. He stopped walking to focus on who had yelled. He was surprised to find kind eyes looking at him. The eyes that smiled at him and encouraged him to listen and be obedient. He was about to go when he noticed that the other two hyungs turned around also, staring at him. EeBum had always seemed caring in a way and he even seemed to smile slightly when his eyes landed on the maknae. Jason was different though. His eyes seemed piercing. It was as if he was trying to figure something out. They could be intimidating.

 

I hurried up my pace, realizing that I had stopped completely in walking and had been holding them all up. As I caught up to stand beside ShinJung hyung, we all started to walk. It was the first time that we had all walked together out of the building. Usually they scattered away from each other, wanting nothing else but to be away from each other after practice. Fortunately, only one small argument had broken out during the day which seemed to have solved itself out throughout time.

 

YoungKi was about to speak up, to say a good-bye as soon as they all reached the exit of the company. He had to rush to work if he wanted to make it on time. However, his band-mates seemed to have a different idea.

 

"Why don't we go grab something to eat?"

 

He felt his heart sinking. He wanted to go so desperately, but he didn't have the money or the time to eat. He bowed politely to his hyungs...catching all of their attention.

 

"I'm sorry EeBum hyung, I have an appointment. I'm really sorry. I'll see you all later." YoungKi bowed again before quickly dashing away. He had to make the next subway if he wanted to make it on time. He did glance backwards though, to see the three of them walking in the opposite direction.

 

He felt his heart sink even lower. They hadn't yelled at him, they hadn't stopped him...they didn't care if I didn't go eat with them. They were content with eating with themselves...and maybe it was better that way.

 

 

 

 

So what do you think of the first chapter? I promise the next chapter will be more interesting

Also, I forgto to mention before that this FF will be based around YoungKi and one other member, but the others will make an appearance too!

=)

Hope you like it! =)