How Can This Happen?

Our Fate is in Our Hands

Of all things that could have happened, they were given a house? They couldn't get along, they didn't spend time together, they had missed a full day of practice...but they were rewarded with a house and another day off? YoungKi couldn't understand it at all, and he couldn't face his three bandmates. There was still tension between his leader and him even if ShinJung did try to lighten our mood. They just werent two to get along with each other. He stared outside of the van, realizing it was the first time they would be going home together. It would be the first time in a van together.

 

At least he had been able to listen to ShinJung and quit his job. He still needed a way to make money though. Maybe there would be somewhere he could work closer to this new house? He shivered, pulling his jacket closer around him as they got further away from the company.

 

His head eventually fell against the cold glass, causing everyone's attention to fall onto him. He slept so quietly, that it was a wonder to all of them. How was he able to look so angelic? Jason stared a moment longer than he should have, which ShinJun noticed.

 

It wasn't two minutes later when the van pulled into their new driveway. Their house was beautiful and secluded. There was a basketball hoop outside, but none of them worried about that as they wondered inside the house. It seemed almost like it was too good to be true. YoungKi felt as though he was dreaming. He hadn't stepped inside a house like this in a long time, causing him to remind him that he didn't have a family. He didn't have anyone...except for these 3 men that were now here with him.

 

"You'll have to pick who stays in which room. We can only give up two rooms, the rest will be for staff."

 

YoungKi groaned silently. Why couldn't he have his own room? He didn't want to share...especially if it was his leader. It wasn't like he hated him, he just rather avoid any more fights or misunderstandings.

 

"How about we play a game to decide?" ShinJung offered, jumping slightly amongst them.

 

That was another reason why he wanted his own room. If he had his own room, then he wouldn't have to play stupid games. He wouldn't have to worry about who he was rooming with.

 

"Like what?"

 

EeBum had his arms crossed, his smile teasing ShinJung. When had they become such good friends? Where had YoungKi been?

 

He turned away from them, only to meet his leader's eyes slowly. He could see the anger floating in them. He looked away before walking further into the house.

 

"I don't know...we need some kind of competition."

 

"How about this? Whoever is able to go out and find something that fits each of the members, the staff will judge?" The Manager suggested. ShinJung was instantly shaking his head, but everyone else seemed to be worried.

 

"You'll only have 20 dollars and an hour. Good luck."

 

The Manager handed each of the members 20 dollars before announcing that they were on the clock. They ran into the closest town which was only 2 minutes walking distance and split up. YoungKi went into a convenience store. He knew ShinJung the best, he might as well start off with that.

 

He searched through all the different items, finally picking out a phone charm that he thought ShinJung might like. He then thought about EeBum who was more masculine. He figured that food would be the best item for his hyung, but there wasn't a good choice of healthy foods. Instead he picked out some healthy drinks for hyung before moving on. His leader was the hardest one to think about. He didn't know anything about his severe leader. How was he supposed to pick something for him?

 

He moved out of the convenience store and down the street as he tried to look for something his leader might like or something that would fit his style. He tried to think of all the things that his leader would want, need, like. It wasn't working though as he roamed around the small town.

 

"YoungKi, you only have ten minutes left!" ShinJung ran by him as he was headed home. He sighed before jumping into a shop. It was his bad luck to find that his leader was already there. He didn't have a choice though. This was his only option. He grabbed his sunbae's album...H.O.T.

 

At one point it had been his favorite band, he just hoped that his his leader liked it as well. He paid for it right after his leader paid and ran out of the store. He felt weak when he started following his leader, but was losing pace. He still felt cold and sick. He really just wanted to rest. He wanted to relax. He wanted to lose his mind into the sleep that was calling for him.

 

"Come On."

 

YoungKi was surprised when he felt a steadying hand take his. They ran together back to their house where they made it just in time. ShinJung and EeBum were sitting side-by-side as they discussed something inaudible. The thing that they had bought were already on the table, had already been surveyed by the staff.

 

Leader went first, presenting all of his gifts, explaining which item now belonged to which member.

 

"I bought fishcakes for YoungKi."

 

He was really surprised that his leader had bought him food. However, he felt a little disappointed when he heard what it was. He was allergic to fish. He couldn't eat it, even if it was tempting to taste his leader's generosity.

 

"He's allergic."

 

The manager made the comment, causing YoungKi to earn a stare from his leader. He bowed his head, feeling apologetic that he had never mentioned his allergy before. Now, what if he had caused his leader's loss in the game?

 

"YoungKi?"

 

"I bought a cell phone charm for ShinJung hyung, I remember that he really likes mangas...I got him a manga character. For Eebum hyung, I bought him some health drinks and for Jason Hyung, I bought him the H.O.T. album."

 

He felt dizzy as he spoke and for once he felt as though he was truly burning up.

 

"I have that album already."

 

YoungKi glanced at his leader in surprise. He was pretty excited to hear that he had something in common with his leader. They shared something...

 

The staff discussed for a few minutes before coming back together to announce.

 

"EeBum and ShinJung showed the most effort, they showed that they knew the members the most. They will be living together. Jason and YoungKi still have quite a few things to learn from each other. So they will be living together."