It's Not Pity

Our Fate is in Our Hands

Why he suddenly perked up and blurted the words, he would never understand. There was just something about how YoungKi was acting. He couldn't deny that he was a bit scared for the young man. What was he trying to do while he was so sick, and yet he refused to rest? At this rate, he would be worse with every minute that passed without rest. Maybe worry is what drove him to follow YoungKi, even alone. The other two seemed a bit hesitant. Jason was never the one to follow someone and EeBum seemed to respect YoungKi's privacy.
 


So it was just ShinJung who followed YoungKi secretely. There were so many times that he just wanted to grab YoungKi and force him to stop, but he knew that whatever he said wouldn't make a difference. The other man was headstrong and full of self pride. There was no way he was going to swayed easily. So he had no choice but to ride the subway secretely. Not that YoungKi would notice him anyway, he was too sick to realize that he was being followed.

 

Even through the cold and the light snow that was now falling, YoungKi kept walking to the point ShinJung wondered if he knew where he was going. He wondered why the man had come to such a dark part of the city, until he found YoungKi stumble into a noodle shop. That's when he took a moment to think. Is this where YoungKi lived? Did he have such a long commute everyday? Was this why he was so tired?

 

ShinJung went up to the glass of the restaurant. There were a few people dotted along the inside of the restaurant, but no sign of YoungKi...until he came out wearing an apron. ShinJung watched as YoungKi clumsily asked each customer a question, his smile bright and warm to the customers. How could he? He was working here? Did he work here everynight? How could he put up with everything? How did he have enough energy? No wonder. He was always exhausted, which caused him to get sick...it was because of this.

 

In a way, he could only feel anger towards YoungKi. Why couldn't he take care of himself? Why did he worry about working? He was lost in his anger for a moment until he heard a squeal coming from beside him. He glanced towards the side, where there were a few girls staring in through the glass just like he was.

 

"He's so cute! He works so hard everynight!"

 

"He looks tired! I wonder if something is wrong?"

 

"Omo, Unni! I think he looked at us!"

 

ShinJung slowly glanced back inside, to find that YoungKi had disappeared once again. It was pretty obvious that he had been coming here often to work, but why? What drove him to come here? He waited by the glass until YoungKi reappeared. This time he looked worse though. He looked as though he was about to faint. That is when he took motion.

 

He went to the door, pulling it open and catching the attention of YoungKi. It didn't matter, he just marched up to YoungKi and stood in front of him. This had to stop. He couldn't keep doing this to himself.

 

 

"Oh, Hyung?"

 


YoungKi's eyes flashed with surprise for only a few second, before drooping tiredly.

 

"Why are you doing this? Why don't you go home? You need rest!" ShinJung scolded him harshly. His anger bit at his heart, making him short tempered and angry. It was easy to see that something that ShinJung had said had hurt YoungKi, but ShinJung refused to see it because he believed that he was right.

 

"Hyung, just go home. I'll be fine."

 

YoungKi would have turned around and walked away if ShinJung hadn't grabbed him.

 

"Listen to me. You can't work. You are shaking, you look like you are freezing. You are tired and sick. You can't keep this up for much longer!"

 

YoungKi looked around the small restaurant to see all of the customer's eyes on them. They were distracting everyone from their meal.

 

"Please hyung! I'll be fine. Can we talk about this tomorrow?"

 

ShinJung's eyes narrowed. Why were the words not getting through to him? Wasn't it obvious that he was worried?

 

"Please go home! Please."

 

YoungKi looked around again before trying to turn around. ShinJung held onto him which caused YoungKi to get frustrated.

 

"Hyung! I'm at work. Leave! We can talk tomorrow!"


That was enough. ShinJung had no choice but to pull him outside, where the girls seemed to scream, whisper and stare at the two of them.

 

"Why aren't you listening to me? You are stressing yourself too much! You are going to crash if you keep doing this! So go home."

 

"I DON'T HAVE A HOME!"

 

There was an awkward silence between them as YoungKi huffed tiredly and ShinJung stared in surprise. What did he mean he didn't have a home? He had to! Everyone had a home. Everyone had somewhere they could go.

 

"What?"

 

YoungKi stared angrily, those mysterious black eyes drooping slightly. He tried to turn away again, to go back to work.

 

"What do you mean? You don't have a home?"

 

YoungKi stopped walking. The only sound now was the squeals and the cries of the girls that were watching us. They had obviously heard that YoungKi had no home.

 

"Hyung, I don't have a family, ok?"

 

ShinJung stared at his back as it seemed to deflate at the words he spoke, then grabbed his arm, pulling him around. YoungKi refused to look up. Refused to face the only person who had ever cared enough to follow him.

 

"YoungKi, I'm sorry."

 

ShinJung whispered the words. He wanted to comfort him, to bring happiness into those mysterious eyes.

 

"Don't hyung. Don't pity me."

 

ShinJung felt angry and upset. He didn't pity YoungKi, well he did...but that wasn't why he was here. He cared. He cared about YoungKi, and he cared about Jason and EeBum. He wanted to be a group and he wanted everyone to understand each other.

 

"This isn't pity, YoungKi. This is me...caring and worrying."

 

YoungKi's eyes flashed up in surprise. He obviously wasn't expecting the words.

 

"Please listen to me though...don't do this anymore. Don't hurt yourself like this. You won't be able to last like this and you'll tire yourself out. You can stay with me if you like. We don't have to tell anyone."

 

YoungKi's eyes lingered, staring back at his hyung in surprise.

 

"Hyung...would it really be ok?"

 

ShinJung nodded, smiling. He would like to live with someone anyway. It had been too long that he had lived alone.

 

"I need some company. I hate living alone."

 

It was the first time he had seen YoungKi's eyes flash with excitement and happiness since they had met.

 

"Thanks, hyung! If it is alright, I will do that! I will quit...but I need to work the rest of tonight."

 

ShinJung was hesitant, thinking it was a bad idea. YoungKi was already in bad condition and needed a lot of rest. However, He was happy with the fact that YoungKi had accepted him and accepted his request.

 

"Ok, I'll go home now, but tomorrow you are staying with me. Don't forget!"

 

"No! I won't!" YoungKi smiled before saying a short good-bye before going inside.

 

 Jason paced angrily back and forth. They couldn't start practice until they were all there...and there was still one who hadn't shown up even after an twenty minutes. They were already going to be punished, which caused him to be angry. However, he was somewhat disappointed with himself. To prevent this from happening he should have gotten everyone's phone number from the start. He should have known that this would have happened from the start. That there would be one he couldn't depend on. However, he never expected YoungKi to be the one. He had always arrived before anyone else...but today was different.

 

"We should go look for him!"

 

ShinJung seemed nervous, a worried kind of nervous. Everyone looked to him, but everyone knew that they had nowhere to start looking. Instead, all he could think about was that he was going to strangle YoungKi as soon as he walked through those doors.

 

"Don't worry, ShinJung. I'm sure he has a logical reason for being late."

 

EeBum always had to think logically or come up with some excuse for why someone shouldn't be punished. Maybe that is why Jason and him didn't always get along. Maybe they had different views on punctuality and punishment.

 

"I don't care if he has a reason or not." Jason growled as he glared at the two.

 

"I can't stay here. I'm going to look for him."

 

ShinJung ran out without a moments hesitation, which caused EeBum to follow closely after him. Jason hesitated though. How were they supposed to know where to look? What was the sense of looking for someone who couldn't even make it on time.

 

To say that it surprised EeBum and ShinJung when Jason tagged along...that would be an understatement.

 

"Don't just stand there? Where is a logical place that YoungKi would be?"

 

"You're thinking logically right now?"

 

"YoungKi?!"

 

ShinJung ignored the argument that was about to be started and then flashed away from the two older men. It took a moment to realize where he was going, until he grabbed a man who suddenly fell onto the snowy side-walk. EeBum and Jason rushed forward.

 

"YoungKi, you are frozen! What are you doing?"

 

"I'm sorry...that I was late."

 

YoungKi muttered the words lowly as his eyes spun abnormally. Jason stared at the man. What was happening? What was wrong with him? Why was he in the street of all places, and why was he late? Nothing made sense, but it made him reflect about his feelings.

 

"YoungKi?"

 

The younger male looked up, his eyes unfocused at what he was staring at.

 

"He has a fever hyung, we need to get him to the hospital."

 

"No! No hospital. I'll be fine."

 

"YoungKi!"

 

YoungKi fainted as soon as the words left his mouth. Jason tightened his hands into fists for a moment before leaning down. There was already a crowd forming around the four of them and they couldn't waste any more time.

 

"Let's get him to the...let's get him back. Quickly."

 

He lifted YoungKi into his arms before quickly taking the man back to the company. From there they could decide if they should take him to the hospital.

 

 

 

 

I can't even explain how excited I am for this FF even if they are all fictional characters!