Complicated Anger

Our Fate is in Our Hands

Jason had fallen asleep almost as soon as YoungKi had. Except he was in the chair beside the bed, instead of under the warm covers. Several hours later, he woke up. It was too painful to sleep in a chair, especially when they would have to work hard the next day to recover the time they had lost practicing. It was a miracle they weren't punished as it was.

 

He decided to go to his own bed, or at least he was going to before he found that YoungKi's bed was empty. He sighed frustratedly, wondering where the maknae was at.

 

He wondered out into the new living room. It was quite a miracle to have a place like this to come back to. Of course, he was used to grand houses, but he never knew what it was like to live with his band members until now. It would be a learning experience. One that would cause him to make adjustments, as he had never had to share anything before.

 

He looked around the place, not having the chance before. ShinJung and EeBum seemed to have gone to bed. He didn't have a clue where he should start looking for his new roommate.

 

"OWWW"

 

He nearly jumped at the voice but quickly calmed down. He walked into the kitchen, immediately stopping at the sight. The kitchen was an absolute mess, pans and potts were everywhere.

 

He watched as YoungKi reached up into a cabinet, his height making it impossible for him to reach whatever he was trying to get. Jason watched for a while as YoungKi struggled, not realizing that he found himself smiling at the silly scene. However, his smile disappeared when one more thing came crashing down. Unfortunately, it hit YoungKi directly on the head causing the kid to grab the top of his head as he wobbled on his weak legs.

 

"What are you doing?" Jason spoke up, startling the unsuspecting boy. He took a deep breath as he entered the kitchen. Egg shells, oil, water...it was everywhere.

 

"I was hungry. I was going to make some food." YoungKi answered truthfully, his mysterious eyes staring at Jason.

 

Jason sighed. He never saw someone make food so messily like this before. I guess that didn't mean much when you had professional chefs make your dinner every night, but still...

 

It made him wonder what exactly he was trying to make, so he looked over the stove.

 

"Are you hungry too? It's almost done."

 

YoungKi smiled weakly as he turned back to the stove. He quickly folded the egg that was in one of the skillets. He also drained the ramen that was in the pan. To end his meal, he pulled out the fist-shaped Tuna Rice Balls.

 

Jason sat down at the kitchen table, staring at the food. To be honest, it smelled good...but he still worried about how it would taste. He was actually surprised that YoungKi could cook at all. He didn't seem like someone who would.

 

"Eat first, Hyung."

 

Jason took the chopsticks from the table and tried the Rice Balls first. He was quite surprised at how good it tasted. He never expected YoungKi to be a decent chef after the way the kitchen now looked.

 

He glanced over at YoungKi who was putting everything away. He worked just as hard cleaning up after himself as well, although it was painfully obvious that he was still weak from the fever earlier. Jason stood up, beginning to help YoungKi so that he could eat before the food cooled.

 

"Hyung! You don't have to!"

 

"Sit down and eat. I'll clean up."

 

Their eyes had met, and for an instant they were at a stand-still. Jason narrowed his eyes slightly, wondering if YoungKi really wouldn't listen to him. However, he smirked slightly when YoungKi sat down.

 

"Thank you...Hyung."

 

He never heard those words from his Dongsaeng once before...