Final

Give Me Love

Sae Ri squeezed her eyes shut when the sun rays invaded her room and stirred in her sleep. She pulled the covers to shield herself in an attempt to fall asleep again. She was just going to fall into a deep slumber when the door of her room opened and someone started shouting her name. “Wake up Sae Ri! It’s my wedding for god’s sake.” Sae Ri’s eyes opened at once completely alert of the occasion she was here for and she got up at once. “I get it but you don’t have to rub it in everyone’s faces.” Sae Ri stretched her arms and threw a pillow at Suho after. “And my old sister is back again.” Suho pulled her hand to make her stand and hugged her. Sae Ri, on the other hand, used his shoulder for resting for head and closed her eyes trying to fall asleep again. “Happy wedding day!” She sleepily mumbled in his shoulder making him smile. “Come on, it’s late. Everybody is waiting for you downstairs.”

Sae Ri whined but eventually got ready for breakfast. Her eyes lit upon seeing so many familiar faces but on remembering how rude she was to them she facepalmed. She could see all her old colleagues and her relatives whom she definitely didn’t want to meet. She went to hug her aunt and uncle because she couldn’t meet them last night. She sat with the bride and they talked about the person who was the link between the two of them. “How do you deal with his lame jokes? I would rather kill myself than laugh at his jokes.” Sae Ri confessed making the bride giggle. “I have gotten used to it by now. Moreover, his jokes aren’t half as bad as you say. I like some of them.” Mia said and Sae Ri gasped dramatically. “No wonder he fell in love with you. Your kids are going to be very funny.” Sae Ri’s comment made Mia blush whose cheeks got even redder on seeing Suho.

Sae Ri followed Mia’s gaze and smiled on seeing Suho. However, her smile vanished on seeing Baekhyun with him. He looked like he was being forcefully dragged by Suho to the table where both the females were sitting. “What were you guys talking about?” Suho asked as he took a seat beside Mia and Baekhyun sat across Sae Ri. He was acting like he didn’t know her and tried to avoid eye-contact with her. She didn’t know if this made her angry or sad or happy. “Nothing special.” Sae Ri mumbled and looked at her food again. “How can you call me nothing special?” Suho gasped in disbelief earning a laugh from Mia. Observing the silence on the table, Mia gestured Suho to do something about it who shrugged his shoulders not knowing what to do.

The silence turned into chaos when the waiter who came to the table spilled the hot coffee he was carrying. Had it not been for Baekhyun, all of the beverage would have drenched Sae Ri’s dress. She watched in horror when Baekhyun’s hand tried to catch the cup but ended up with all the coffee burning his hand. Baekhyun winced in pain as the burning sensation hurt him. Sae Ri didn’t even think and got up and grabbed Baekhyun’s other hand and took him to her room. “Wash your hand. I’ll bring the first aid kit.” She instructed Baekhyun who was still trying to process whatever happened. He let the cold water run on his hand groaning at the painful sensation. He came out of the washroom and at the same moment, Sae Ri entered the room. She made Baekhyun sit beside her on the bed and took his burnt hand gently applying the ointment on it. Baekhyun took advantage of this situation and examined her closely. She was still so breathtaking at such proximity. Her lips were as rosy as he remembered and her cheeks were still so cute. A gentle smile played on his lips when he saw her so absorbed in what she was doing. Her touch couldn’t be any softer and the butterflies inside Baekhyun fluttered finally after months of rest. He was caught looking at her when Sae Ri looked up. Baekhyun was realizing how much he had missed her now that she was in front of him. His eyes glanced at her lips for a second before meeting her eyes again. “Take care of yourself.” Sae Ri said and left the room leaving Baekhyun alone with his thoughts. I wished I was more injured so she would’ve stayed longer to look after me; Baekhyun thought and decided to get ready for the wedding.

 

Baekhyun watched the couple who said their vows and were now kissing each other. He whole-heartedly smiled seeing his friend so happy and in love. Suho was one of the kindest people he knew. He never held back when it came to helping the people he loved and cared about. He could get a little unbearable sometimes with his lame jokes but he was the best. He was a hard-working soul who earned the love he deserved. They had met at a comic book store two years ago and became friends at once. He was the rational one in their friendship who always was there with him. He chuckled when his friend looked at him and grinned which he deciphered as I am the luckiest man in the world. He had to admit he was envious. His eyes wandered to Sae Ri who was standing exactly opposite to him, cheering for her brother and getting embarrassed by her actions. A smile took shape on his lips when he saw the smile he wished he was the reason for.

“Congratulations.” Baekhyun wished the couple and hugged Suho. “It finally happened. I wish you a long healthy life with Mrs. Suho. I hope you enjoy lifelong happiness.” Baekhyun patted the back of Suho before separating from the hug. “Thanks, Baekhyun.” Suho smiled at him, happy to see Baekhyun with him. They had become friends in a comic store and here they are. They hadn’t known each other for very long but they felt that they were brothers. Their chemistry was unmatched and true. Suho did land punches on Baekhyun’s face when he heard about the whole book thing but he did forgive him. He knew the writer’s feelings for Sae Ri were not fake and he had seen it in Baekhyun. He did hate him for months but in the end, they were friends. They sought out their feelings and decided to give another chance to themselves.

“Have you talked to her yet?” Suho whispered in Baekhyun’s ear. “I haven’t and I won’t.” Baekhyun asserted and looked away. “You have to Baekhyun. She isn’t the same and so aren’t you. Are you going to keep your feelings with yourself without telling her? I don’t want you to regret not trying. I don’t want you to spend the rest of your life by imagining what-ifs.” Baekhyun bit his lip not knowing what to say. His eyes found Sae Ri in the crowd easily having memorized her completely. She looked the most spectacular in the room. The blue shade of the dress suited her and the most beautiful thing she wore was her smile. “Please, do try. I know she’ll talk to you.” Suho patted his shoulder and squeezed it lightly before leaving for his bride. Baekhyun continued staring at Sae Ri lovingly and tried to choose between something stupid or rational to do.

 

 

The ceremony had ended nicely. The couple had left for their new beginning. Everyone had returned to the hotel and had to leave tomorrow for their respective houses. The whole world was exhausted and had fallen asleep except for two souls. Baekhyun found Sae Ri in the balcony of the hotel watching the stars, so lost in them that she looked like one. Baekhyun was stressed out about whether he should go there or not but the urge to talk to her carried him there. There was a safe distance between them and she didn’t even notice him till he coughed. She looked very uncomfortable seeing him there and this hurt Baekhyun. Nevertheless, he decided to stay.

“How have you been?” His question startled her. “I-I’ve been good.” Her answer was short but self-explanatory. “Suho told me that you are doing wonders in your company and that you even made a friend.” Baekhyun’s voice was very soft not wanting to hurt. “Can we talk?” His question seemed stupid but the expression on her face showed that she understood the hidden lines. “I have to go.” She her heels to leave when Baekhyun grabbed her hand, stopping her from leaving. “Please just five minutes and then you can go. Just hear me out.” Baekhyun requested and she faced him. Not getting any response from her he decided to continue. “I have been a complete mess since you left. I-I haven’t written anything since and alcohol has been my best friend these days. I hate myself and I can’t even look at myself. There hasn’t been a single night when I haven’t thought of you and what I did to you. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I’m sorry for taking advantage of you, for the lies but all of it wasn’t a lie. That night when we watched the stars, on your birthday, the day we played games, I meant everything I said. I hadn’t realized how much I had missed you when I saw you again. I had started falling in love with you long before that I forgot all about the stupid novel. All the feelings I have for you aren’t for some stupid novel. I know I don’t deserve you but I didn’t want not saying what I’m about to say. I-”

“Five minutes are over.”

Sae Ri interrupted him and left for her room. Baekhyun followed her figure as it disappeared.

“I love you.” He whispered to himself and heaved a deep sigh.

 

 

Sae Ri had been staring at the clock for forty-five minutes now. She hadn’t slept the comfortably the night before and her whole body was aching. She had packed all her stuff and was exhausted yet, she couldn’t sleep. She had three hours before she had to leave for the airport still she decided to call for a cab. Who knows how bad the traffic can be and she didn’t want to be late. She had met all the important people and was showered with a lot of hugs before she sat in the cab. She waved at her aunt and uncle for the last time before she stopped looking outside the window. She rested her head against the car’s window and closed her eyes. She had a great time here. Her brother got married to the best woman in the world and she couldn’t be any happier. She is going to return to her normal life in America and everything will be fine. If everything is really fine then why is there a feeling of hollowness in her chest? She opened her purse and found the only necklace she had. She touched it gently and looked at it thoughtfully as if trying to memorize its design. She wore it around her neck and leaned her head against the seat.

She was about to do something she wished was right.

Baekhyun shut down the television after switching between various channels. Everything looked so dull and monotonous. He saw a text from Suho who informed him how much fun he was having which made him happy. He threw his phone on the couch and leaned against it. He knew that Sae Ri had left in the morning. He had seen her leave while hiding timidly behind a pillar. He had no courage to face her after knowing that she had never forgiven him. He accepted that his misery is unending. He had a strange idea to follow her to the airport but she had made it clear that she didn’t want him around. His trail of thoughts was interrupted by the ringing of his doorbell. He wasn’t expecting any visitor so he was surprised. He opened the door and found someone who made him wonder if he was dreaming.

“Sae Ri” He breathed. The necklace on her neck caught his gaze and he couldn’t believe his eyes.

“Can I come in?” Sae Ri questioned, her heart beating rapidly. Baekhyun nodded his head not knowing what to say and moved aside to let her in. She dragged her luggage inside and observed the familiar surroundings. Everything was the same way it looked like on the day she left. The piano was still begging to be played by her and the kitchen had the smell as it had before. “What brought you here?” Baekhyun mustered the courage to ask her the question still quite shocked by what just happened. Sae Ri’s eyes focused on Baekhyun this time, which showed how much she changed, unlike the former Sae Ri who couldn’t even look at him properly. She didn’t say anything and walked towards him which puzzled Baekhyun more and more. She stopped until she was close enough to inhale his cologne and surprised him by wrapping her arms around him. Her embrace was more calming than Baekhyun had expected it to be. She placed her chin on his shoulder and smiled. “I missed you too.” She whispered and Baekhyun was on the verge of having a heart attack. His eyes had widened to the extent that they couldn’t return to their normal size. His heart was racing at an abnormal pace and he was trying to process the situation.

Sae Ri pulled away from the hug and cupped his cheek. “It was hard for me to stay away from you, not see you, to love you. I haven’t forgotten what you did to me but should say it worked because I ended up falling for you. I forgive you for what you did. I read the emails you sent me, Suho updated me with your news from time to time and I know that you didn’t lie about what you felt. I still need time before there is ‘us’ and I want you to wait for me.” Baekhyun listened to her silently and held the hand that was on his cheek. He kissed the palm of her hand and pulled her closer. His nose touched hers and he looked in her eyes. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I was a fool. I hurt you.” He whispered as a tear fell from his eye. Sae Ri wiped the tear from his cheek and kissed his nose. “It was in the past and we need to move on so that we can be with each other. Will you wait for me?” Baekhyun nodded his head and kissed her forehead. He pulled her back in his embrace, nuzzling his nose in her neck not letting go for a while.

She pulled away from his embrace to stare at his face earning a chuckle from Baekhyun. “The necklace looks beautiful. I can’t believe you still wear it.” Baekhyun’s fingers grazed the silver necklace which still suited its owner. “I never took it off, except the times I was mad at you.” Baekhyun smiled making Sae Ri smile automatically. He stared at her lovingly, trying to believe that she was here with him at the moment. “Why did you even come here?” He whispered and pushed the strands of her hair behind her ear. “I wanted to make it dramatic for your stupid novel.” Baekhyun chuckled and became silent as he stared at her lovingly as if she was his world. “I love you.” He breathed and caressed her cheek with the back of his hand which compelled her to lean into his touch. “I love you a lot.” She smiled and kissed his nose.

“A lot? Seriously?”

“I’m not good with words. That’s why you’re a writer and I’m not.”

“True that.”

“You know, in romantic novels, lovers do a thing called kissing which we haven’t done yet so I’m guessing you don’t know about it. I thought you were a good romance writer but here we are. I’m disappointed.”

Baekhyun’s expression was priceless. “You read my books, didn’t you? All those times when you were under the blanket getting all shocked when I entered the room.”

Sae Ri sheepishly smiled on being caught. “You entered a girl’s room without knocking. Now that we are talking about it, you used to peek by slightly opening the door, didn’t you?”

“That’s not the point!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

“Exactly. That’s not the point.” Sae Ri spoke before grabbing the collar of his shirt to pull him in for a kiss. Baekhyun relaxed in her touch and cupped her neck to pull her even closer. Sae Ri fisted his shirt as they continued to kiss fervently. Her lips tasted exactly the way Baekhyun had imagined. She was so sweet that he wanted it more. Sae Ri found the kiss to be exciting and addictive. Her first kiss was as magical as people described it in books. She pulled away panting from the rush and Baekhyun mirrored her actions. He smiled at her and intertwined his fingers with hers.

 

Albeit it was hard to let her leave, Baekhyun had no choice. He had promised to wait for her. He waved his hand at her biding a final goodbye and saved her smile in his head so that he could remember it on the bad days. He knew that they will meet soon and thanked Heaven for giving him the love of the most amazing woman in the universe.

 

Author's Note- GML finally came to end and I am so sad right now. I had so much fun while writing it and I hope you guys enjoyed reading it!! I want to thank you all for sparing your time to read it. Do let me know if you guys want an epilogue !