Part 1

Give Me Love

He hated the fact that she meant everything to him but he meant nothing to her. He was just like sand to her. She just came to play and build a castle with the gritty substance and once she received her end of joy, she left leaving the castle to be reduced to nothingness again. Thinking about her, made him clutch his dagger and his hand bled. His anger reached its peak and he threw his dagger with all his might and it ended up leaving the wall damaged again. The plan was in place. Every detail had been impeccably thought through. He had the assassinations immaculately practiced. He was ready. He decided she had to live no more. His suffering will end.

Baekhyun eyebrows furrowed when his agent abruptly stopped reading the script. "Another romantic, action thriller filled with revenge?" He rubbed his temples and stood from his chair. It was evident from his body language that he was tensed and frustrated with the writer. "Why? What is wrong with the script?" Baekhyun took a seat knowing very well what was coming his way, still acting innocent as if it would save him from the situation. "What is wrong? Everything is wrong with the script. You have been writing the same thing for like what- the nth time now! You need to stop." Chen sighed into his hands and sat down on his chair. Baekhyun tried coming up with excuses to protect himself but he kept them to himself. It was for his own good to keep his big mouth shut this time.

Chen wasn't angry. He had no right to be. He was just a publisher who needed to publish Baekhyun's book. He was concerned, as a friend. "I know you don't care about the money or reputation but you care about your readers and they have grown bored of your books. You just keep on writing the same thing repeatedly with different characters. You have to write something else now Baekhhyun." Baekhyun chewed on his bottom lip and stared into a distance. This was definitely not a 'good' morning. "Why don't you take a break from writing, hmm? Give yourself some rest and then come up with something new." Chen suggested and Baekhyun didn't acknowledge the fact that he was right. Taking a break from writing? Taking a break from the most important source of life satisfaction? It was nearly impossible. But it wasn't impossible.

"I can't do that. You know it, Chen."

"You can't but you need to and you know that Baekhyun."

This time Baekhyun knew he was defeated.

 

"This isn't even romance," Baekhyun spoke to himself and slammed the book on the table making every reader in the library glare at him. Of course, he was at the library. He couldn't think of any other place and obviously, that is an excuse. He was out on a sort of 'research' he wanted to call this activity of his. He was at the very famous library in the city where every book was available which included his books as well (another reason why he loved this place). He had to find out what was making his readers lose interest. Posting about this on his blog was technologically very feasible and fast. But he had to somehow spend his time and he forced himself to do the research manually. It is more reliable he had reasoned. His reasoning and decision-making skills were evidently flawed.

He almost jumped in his seat when a girl fished out his book from her bag. He titled his head to read the name. Bleeding wound, that was one of his favorites. He decided to hide behind the other side of the rack to hear the 'book reviews'. "It could've been better. I love the language, the writing style, and characters but it is literally the same story!" Baekhyun's pride was severely damaged. "I completely agree with you. He is plagiarizing his own work! I had more expectations from Baekhyun. I had always seen him as a handsome guy who is extremely talented and poetic but he disappointed me." The second girl's comments gave rise to mixed emotions in the writer. His thoughts were somewhere between she called me handsome and that's not the point. Before he could think rationally, he wasn't hiding anymore. Again, his reasoning and problem-solving skills were obviously, obviously flawed.

"I'm sorry but I couldn't help myself but overhear you, ladies, talking about Bleeding Wound and I agree with what you guys said." The two girls were a bit shocked. What were they supposed to do when a mysterious man dressed in the color of the night from head to toe, with a cap concealing his identity, appeared out of nowhere? "I think his stories have become morbid and boring. There are no life-altering twists or cliffhangers. It is just a plain story. It's like he's just...writing." Baekhyun stated and internally screamed. Only he knows how much it hurt to insult his own self. The two girls looked at each other once before one of them continued the conversation. "I totally agree. I think his books lack emotions too. They seem too artificial and orchestrated. Moreover, the way he writes female characters is not right. As a female, I find their thoughts contradicting. I think his books overlook female perspectives." The blonde girl confessed.

"So, no emotions and lack of female outlook. I think I agree with you." Baekhyun immediately noted down the anomalies in his notepad making the girls stare at him weirdly. "Thanks for the feedback. And for your information, Byun Baekhyun is definitely a handsome guy who is extremely talented and poetic ladies." Baekhyun winked at them before leaving the library and headed home with something new brewing in his handsome brain.

 

Baekhyun clearly remembers the first time he wrote something aesthetic. He was nine and he composed a poem about his dog. His parents couldn't stop giggling when they heard their offspring speak in broken sentences but mended enough to understand the meaning. He retained the warm feeling inside him when he got appreciated for his efforts. He decided to make writing his passion. There were periods of uncertainty, when he wanted to give up and when he wanted to just leave everything and do something else, but they were temporary. At one moment, his mind would be blank just like a plain white wall getting blacker everyday because its talent is not being used. At other moments, his head would find it difficult to keep up with the blooming ideas. He won't sleep and coffee became his best friend. Ideas would come to him all the most unexpected times; when he was showering, when he was on a date, every weird place imaginable.

There was this one time he was on a date with this girl he had met at a book signing event. She was just like his ideal type; she was perfect. The date was perfectly planned. Watching a musical and a delicious dinner at the most romantic restaurant and then ending the date with a breathtaking kiss was what Baekhyun imagined. He performed the first two very gracefully but the third caused a lot of problems. An idea suddenly popped in his head when he was just about to place his lips on her lips. He is sure that girl still dreams of murdering the writer. Interestingly, that wasn't the worst date ever.

This completely summarizes how much writing meant to Baekhyun. He was blindly in love with words. The string of words, puzzling one's mind and then having a completely different meaning if arranged differently; it intrigued him. His room was filled with sticky notes, each of them has the names of different characters, different stories, different dialogues scribbled on them. No matter how boring his books were, he loved them. Still, he hasn't reached the peak of satisfaction yet. He could do better; he knew it and taking a break won't stop him. He was a stubborn idiot.

Byun Baekhyun walked back and forth in his apartment. His legs had given him away but he didn't stop. His apartment was huge. He was rich, of course, but it all depended on his work. He was not always working. It was all up to his creativity. He ruffled his hair in frustration and tried to come up with something. "Think Byun Baekhyun." He whispered to himself. He never underestimated himself, an attribute he loved about himself. His eyes fell on the mahogany door towards his east. This room had been unoccupied since forever. A wave of thoughts flowed through his head hitting the bank of his brain, washing his head with a fantastic idea.

"That is so good. Sounds like a good idea to me." Chen commented the writer making the latter cocky. "How did you come up with this? It's been two weeks since you took a break and instead of resting, you came up with an unusual idea. I should've guessed." Baekhyun smiled to himself clearly enjoying the praises and not having enough of them. "It is cliché. I hope that's not a problem." Baekhyun voiced his concerns making the male on the other side of the line wonder. "It depends on how you write it." Baekhyun nodded and talked some more with Chen before hanging up the call.

To be honest, Baekhyun's idea was unrealistic. He knew that. But it was too good. It would have emotions and female perspective too. Everything his readers needed. Baekhyun knew that it was a wrong way but he didn't know if it was for a right cause or not. There were many doubts. If he takes any action that would prove how crazy he is. His id seemed to relatively stronger than his ego. For one time, Baekhyun wanted to trust his gut and do it. He was planning to deal with the consequences later on. He had no idea how he was going to do it. He had no idea how to deal with consequences. All he knew was that the result was going to be how he had planned it to be.

All he needed now was a female roommate.