Her Seoul

She Was Everything


How interesting after two months ago became so quick and here is Risa, trying to check her bag in at the airport. Risa couldn't believe that this is happening and how she ended up packing her suitcases and move to Korea temporarily. Let's go back a few moments ago......


Flashback

"I'm sorry, what..???", Risa exclaimed while literally trying to be calm. Risa was already panicking in her mind trying to understand why on earth she's being transferred to work on another side of the world without being informed. Risa looked over to Tory and Emily, trying to signal them the "what the hell is happening right now?" face. All those two was doing is just ignoring and basically turning their head away because they know Risa. She's definitely gonna kill them both. For the last twenty minutes, Anthony has been explaining to Risa about an offer which required her to transfer her work, and by transfer, it means moving.

 

Anthony leaned over the table while his hand folded, "I know you must be confused, but we were desperate to find an international agency to help us through this tour for our idol group. Our management met one of your boss from an event in London before." Anthony continued to tell Risa that Sue was the one the management met, and apparently, Sue was contacted by SM to help them manage their idol group for their upcoming American tour.

 

"It may sound crazy, but you are our only hope. We found out that your agency is one of the top ones in Europe and America for an event music company." He continues while looking at his papers, "Sue also mentioned that you are also the best general manager for today's top artists during their tour and concert production. So we wanted to offer you a four-month job transfer in Seoul to work with us including the group tour. Please, we really need your mad skills and creativity since this is the first debut for an international tour for the group." He really does sound desperate, Risa's thought. It is a good opportunity for the company to take this offer, especially from a famous global kpop agency. But this is just too sudden.

 

Anthony glanced at the table and look back to Risa and passed her a folder, "Inside the folder is a contract and everything you need for necessary clarification, I leave it to you to decide." Risa was stunned and speechless at this time. There's too much information and too much pressure on this. She knew about SM Town is one of the South Korea's powerhouse agency for top idols in their country but this is getting out of hand. Four months? In Korea? Who is she kidding? How is she going to speak the language? How in the hell Sue didn't tell her? Is that why she said about the opportunity? Millions of thoughts running in her mind per seconds, she even thought this is like a prank or something. All she can do right now is to think clearly and GET SUE ON THE PHONE ASAP!

 

As she tried not to squeaked her voice, Risa cleared and said, "Mr. Anthony, this seems very.... hmmm how to say this.. too fast. I know Sue mentioned about my work and I am honoured you pick our company for this. I am absolutely grateful for this offer but I may need time to think about this. Since this is a four months post, there's stuff I need to think and discuss with my boss." while holding her nervous smile. Although her mind screams this is insanity. Anthony smiled kindly and replied, "I understand. I'll be back on Friday to hear your decision. I do apologise for springing on you too much." Risa waved her hand panicked, "No, it's not your fault at all. I just need time to think it through. I hope you can understand. And oh, I appreciate you take the time to come this far." Anthony waved his head and offered his hand, "Of course, but I am leaving on Saturday, so you might have to decide quickly. So no pressure but pressure hehe. Apparently this is sort of like a deadline to me."

 

Friday? And today is... WEDNESDAY!!! Oh dear sweet Anthony, aren't you just full of surprises today? You gave me TWO DAYS TO DECIDE! Risa's head is pretty much toasted and burnt at this point. "Two days? Haha. Well, you sure give me high blood pressure, Anthony. I guess I'll see you Friday!" as they both shook hand and Anthony left. Tory and Emily were just sitting at the table, trying not to broke a sweat eventually saw Risa throwing eyes like fire daggers to them. Risa was just pale, exhausted and drained. Eventually, she told Emily, "Find Sue. She has a lot explaining to do." Finally, after calls and thousand of calls, Sue finally came over to the office and met with Risa. Risa was waiting the whole morning and couldn't even eat her lunch properly thinking about the offer.

 

"I know you must be furious but think about those great experiences and history you're making. A mark for an amazing chapter for the company first Kpop client. This is it! Look, I am so sorry for not telling you but what I'm doing is for your future." Risa just sat there and looked at Sue, "Look Sue, I know you mean well, I do appreciate what you have given me after all for my careers. But don't you think this is short notice. I have few projects coming up and I just can't pack up and leave. And that Anthony guy gave me two days to decide. How am I supposed to do right now?", Risa shook her head and rubbed her hands on her face. Sue came over and sat next to Risa, "I know you are scared, but this could be something good for you. You always said you wanted a bigger challenge, that you wanted to prove to me you are strong, so take this one. Because one day, you are going to own it, and lead ARI to it's the best potential. Risa gave Sue a confused look, "what do you mean lead ARI?".

 

Sue held Risa's hand and said, "You are like my daughter. Ever since you started working here, I saw your strength, your commitment to this company and how much care for your career. You would put yourselves first and that's how great powerful women are successful, and that's you. You've shown me how great you are as a leader, how you handle yourself and now, I'm offering you a promotion to be our Entertainment Director." I think I'm dreaming, Risa thought. A promotion? Entertainment Director? Risa's always wanted to be taken seriously and now wow, she thought this morning was crazy and now a promotion? The day hasn't even ended yet! Risa smacked herself from daydreaming and looked at Sue who's already standing. "If you do this and return with great success, you will get the promotion."

 

Risa just sat there silently for a couple of minutes and thought, she knew Sue is serious about the promotion. She always sees Sue as a mother figure, a fearless leader who taught her and push her to be better over the years. Risa knew this could be the greatest opportunity there is she could ever be taken up for. Sue sees her work, and she acknowledged her. If she went to Seoul, her life and career could change.

Risa stood up and walked over to Sue, "I'll take the job." She paused for a second and breathed the next word, "I will go to Seoul". Sue screamed and hugged her, "Ahhhhhh!! I am so happy for you. I know you'll do the right thing! I know you won't regret this." Risa smiled and thanked Sue for her trust and giving her a chance. She knew she's gonna do her best and prove to Sue that she will come back for that promotion.

 

That night, Risa and Tory went out for dinner at their favourite sushi place near work, to celebrate her promotion. Tory hugged Risa and sneakily smiled, "Soooo.., I know I wasn't supposed to tell you this, but surprise! Congratulations on landing a promotion!". Risa thanked her but pretty much wanted to strangle her best friend for giving her a lot of mini heart attacks today. "Don't you ever do this again. I was really close to fainting today!". Tory just laughed and elbowed her, "Well at least you get to go a place where all the good Korean dramas ever invented. I AM JEALOUS!". Risa pinched Tory's elbows and her cheeks, "Well maybe you should exchange with me then?".

"Hahahahhahahahahahahahahhaaha, nope. I guess I love Richard too much to leave him. And besides, I'll always have Netflix," while she shrugged her shoulders. They talked and talked all night until it's time for them to leave. Risa knew how much they both are gonna missed each other, and they can only FaceTime while she's in Seoul. Tory may be difficult but they are best friends, practically soul sisters. Man, it's gonna be hard to say goodbye

Fast forward D-Day


The counter lady gave Risa's passport and flight ticket. All the bags have safely checked in, and her heart was pounding. Is she making the right choice? Is she really leaving her life here and making a new one where she doesn't know if she can make it? After a long discussion with Anthony, Risa finally signed the contract. Anthony told her he will be helping her as an assistant in SM, so she guesses that will be alright for now, especially with any help with translating she will need. Her minds thinking too much as she turned away from the counter and saw Sue, Emily, Richard and Tory came to see her off. The four of them stayed and talked to Risa, trying to give her comfort and support advice. Mostly Tory sounding like a mom, making Risa taking care of her health, and making sure she eats properly. Risa knew Tory trying to cover her sadness. But the best friend knows her best friend. She even packed her some treats and homemade food so she won't get homesick.

 

"Flight KE721 to Seoul will start their boarding very shortly. All passengers....----", the moment is here, Risa looked over to her friends and boss. She nodded, "It's almost time, I should get going." She hugged every one of them and thanked them for coming. Emily was sad that her boss leaving, and in the meantime, she'll be under Sue's department while Risa's gone. Emily helped Risa to reschedule, transfer her work and pretty much getting their unfinished work to be done before Risa leaves for Korea. Risa felt really terrible and bad for leaving abruptly.

 

Risa also thanked Richard for coming and told him to take care of Tory, "I will don't worry. I'm sure she will be okay. I'm just bumped out we both didn't manage to set you up with Nathan Skyler. Do you remember him? He took up Sound Engineering for his degree. I think you guys met at CapitalFM," while giving a signal winked to Tory. "Oh yeah, Nathan! I told her that she should let us set her up with him," as Tory and Richard gave Risa a smirked. Risa replied her, "Of course, I remembered him but it's been two years. The guy could've forgotten me already." Richard immediately shook his head quickly, "Ahhh nope, he's taken an interest on you, and believe me, the guy work at the Majestic Sound now, so he's pretty much up there, successful and single."

 

Risa's eyes went big, "wait, Majestic Sound? THE MAJESTIC SOUND?! OMGGG, you're not serious?! They are famous for their best highest quality sound engineering, plus it's hard to book them. I had to wait for them for months to get them back to me!" Tory went up to Risa and yelled back, "SEEEEE... I ALREADY TOLD YOU TO GO OUT WITH HIM!!". After a few minutes of bickering and debating, "Well, next time you're back, you are going on a date with him. Just so you know, he's still available!". Risa just shook her head and smiled at her best friend silliness. Sue can only smile and look at Risa from the side. She knew Risa can be fearless but also very reserved. This job may get her to open up and get loose a bit. Her mind snapped back when she saw Risa standing in front of her, "I won't let you down. I promise.". Risa looked so determined, innocent and true. Sue knew she's telling the truth, and she nodded. "I know you won't," as they hugged and say goodbyes.

 

Risa walked through the departure gates and looked at them one final time. She made herself a promise, that she will make them proud and make sure that she will be happy, even it's breaking her to leave her home. She at least waved them goodbye and disappeared into the sea of people. Suddenly Richard tapped Tory's shoulder, "Oh yeah, by the way, I forgot to ask Risa, what's the idol group Risa's working for?". Then Sue approached from the back and said...

 

"NCT, she's working for a group called NCT."

 

 

Hey guys! I am really sorry that I did not update in a while. It's been hectic for the last couple of months. I've been trying to continue this story but I can't seem to write them up. But now I am back, I will try to update once a week. Keep an eye for more new chapters. For now, here is the new chapter 2!

Have a great happy new year 2020 and I'll see you guys soon!

Best of my love,

Jeers