Her Dreams

She Was Everything

'Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Na Jaemin from NCT Dream. I heard we will be working with you next’, as Risa looked to the most gorgeous long hands she probably will ever see. She looked at Jaemin and took his hands. Risa was too occupied when she didn’t realise he had been watching her since she came to the cafeteria for lunch. He coolly sat down in front of Risa and flashes his most beautiful teeth. Man, these boys are just unfair, just jaw-droppingly handsome, Risa shyly thought.

Thinking how uncomfortable she might be feeling, Jaemin tries to start a small talk and ask her if she waiting for someone for lunch. She replied, ‘No, I’m just having lunch on my own.’ Then she offered him her untouched salmon quiche, thinking he might be hungry. He politely rejected and said, ‘That’s okay, I’m waiting for my food as well. I’m heading out for my schedule soon, I think it’s gonna be a long shoot and we have to head back to practice again.’ Risa can’t believe how diligent these boys are, and it can’t help it worries her if they overworked too much and had no time to rest. It may not be in her control but hopefully, they are taking care of their health properly. They talked about WayV Beyond Live and asked Risa for her advice about their stage preparations, and Risa asked about their song selections, and how’s their dress rehearsal went. It’s gonna be a short week before another came in, and she felt it was nice to get direct feedback from the artists.

Jaemin also asked Risa how is she handling the Minjun case, because they heard there was a major incident that happens during WayV concert. Risa explained to Jaemin that she was worried about Minjun. She was hoping she can talk to him and wanted to ask him what happened during his meeting. She prayed that he will be okay and can only hope for the best. ‘It was an accident, I think he was just upset and over-pressured himself that drives him into this mess. And I felt bad I didn’t know he was struggling on his own,’ When suddenly Jaemin noticed her thinking/worried face is back again, so he tried made a silly joke to lightened up her mood.

‘Don’t think too much, your face is gonna get wrinkles. You’re too beautiful to have them too early’ when Risa faced went absolutely shocked and Jaemin could NOT believe his crazy mouth! He is playfully flirty, but on the first ten minutes of their conversation just went innocent, touching to cringe in a flash. Gosh, she might never talk to me anymore, Jaemin was close to making an excuse to exit before he got too embarrassed. But he heard a laugh, a small giggle that turns into the most adorable laugh he ever heard of. Risa just looks at his horrid face, and he looked like he’s thinking he might lose his coolness and almost facepalmed himself.

‘Thank you for the advice, I’ll sure try not to get wrinkles,’ but he could hear her struggling not to laugh again in front of his face. Then someone came over to their table to pass Jaemin’s takeaway and he thanked the staff when their conversation ended quickly when NCT Dream manager came over to fetch Jaemin. He wishes he could stay a bit longer with Risa, thinking now she’s more comfortable now he made her laugh. Jaemin stood up and bowed to her, ‘Thank you for letting me sit with you’, when Risa replied him, ‘No, thank you for entertaining me. You made me laugh for the first time today. I had a lot on my mind today, so I should be the one who’s thanking you.’ He felt so happy that he couldn’t hide his big teeth, and his manger can see how happy he is. Shortly after, he left for his schedule and Risa went back to her office to continues her work. She could never imagine she would be so lucky to just casually sitting with one member of the most popular boy group in South Korea. Life is just full of surprises.

 

*THE DAY OF NCT DREAM BEYOND THE DREAM SHOW LIVE*

They had the most fun and brightest stage they ever set. Risa enjoyed their performance and really had soft spot for Dreamies. Yes, she googled that, and their nickname is so cute and Risa made time to listen to their latest albums. The NCT Dream has a very light, innocent and youthful vibe, knowing the group members are all young, it does bring out their unique personality, sound elements of their songs, and modern-pop beats. She can see these boys are making their time and money worth for their careers in this business. They had been so busy with their other schedules and running out of sleep. Risa saw them last night at the building, and it was already over 9 PM when was about to leave work and she saw the members were rehearsing in their practice room. She bumped into their manager whom she met at the cafeteria at that time and asked if the boys are doing well. He mentioned that they have been practising day and night in any spare time they can to perfect their performances. He even told her they have been sleeping less than 5 hours a day so they can get more practice.

 

She felt so bad, even her body is so tired after a long day at work, she can’t imagine how tiring it is for them. She felt that she had to do something so she asked the manager what are the boys favourite chicken place, and she immediately called and personally told the manager she would pay for it. The manager tried to decline but she insisted on it. She also ordered extra for the staffs and manager who stayed behind with the Dreamies practice. After confirming the order, the manager thanked her, and she just politely leaves quietly. When the food came, all the boys wonder who ordered for them, thinking it was their manager, so they ran up and hugged him. He immediately stopped them and said it was Risa who paid for their meal. They were shocked and at the same time so grateful she would do these things for them. They quickly enjoyed their meal and continued their practice, while thinking there is someone out there to thank for their full happy stomach.

During the concert, Risa was standing around the sound reinforcement table where they control all the sound system and stages lighting which facing the stages directly when Dreamies sang ‘7 Days’. It was one of Risa’s favourite song from the album. It was until before the chorus part, Jaemin saw Risa directly on his view and sang his part ‘Cheoeum nal bodeon nunbitgwa yeah~ jitdeon neoui misogi yeah~, aye meoritsogeseo tteonal saenggagi eomneun deuthae’, (translation: The way you looked at me and the way you smiled when you first saw me, doesn’t seem to leave my mind at all.) *Disclaimer: I may not have the accurate translation here :)*

But oooohhhh dang MANNN, he was staring right through her when he sang the part. Risa could feel that stare burns from miles away and her cheeks went red. Wow, that guy knew how to seduce even on live! Jaemin saw how shy she went and looked away from him. He smiled and in his head, he could feel the excitement like YES!, I haven’t lost my game yet.

The performance was nearly over and Risa was so happy everything went so smoothly and safely. They wrapped up just in time before dinner, and Risa was ready to leave until she received a call from Susan. She called over to tell Risa that Nathan from Majestic Sound was in Korea was looking for her. Apparently, he was in Seoul before the flights were cancelled due to the virus restrictions and his private jet was not allowed to fly back until there was further notice. He was supposed to fly back but ended up stranded because the border was closed down, for now, he’ll be staying for a few months. So he decided to stay in Seoul and continue with his businesses with his joint company. Risa was also supposed to be back in the UK for a while too, but her flight was cancelled, and she had to stay in Korea for a little while longer. Her contract was also extended till the end of the year, just till the flights were allowed back and she can fly home soon.

Nathan actually called Susan to ask for Risa but Susan told Risa was quite busy with her NCT projects, and Nathan didn’t want to ambush her. He might scare her off, and Susan knew he was already taking an interest at Risa when Tory tried to set them up. But they never had a casual meet up or even a proper introduction. It was more about work-related. So he decided to reach for her again and reach for Risa. Risa was surprised that Nathan was in Seoul even, he might actually have some business trips here. It was such a long time ago, she can’t even recall his face look like now. Suddenly her thoughts clouded on how to contact Nathan, just because it a great opportunity to contact him knowing he was managing Majestic Sound, and he’s here in Seoul! What better chances that he can help with the upcoming NCT 127 projection. Since it was the last from the NCT unit and she wanted to wow the audience before other promotions coming up. The MV inspires Risa to create a larger scope for Kick since it was a big hit and had some exceptional music background, eye-catching movements for the members and Punch was the anticipated song from the fans, so she wants to do it bigger for her last shot of this Beyond Live.

 

So after finishing work, she decided to end her night early and head home to call back Susan and ask for Nathan’s help. Nathan can definitely help her with some bigger advanced AR technology, 3D graphics and sound system that will enhance their dynamic performances better. Together with the Kick It theme, it’s going to be spectacular for this final show. Finally, she gives in and said she would call Nathan, so Susan left his number for her to contact. At least, I can talk to someone close to home, Risa thought maybe they can meet over after lunch or so for tomorrow and they discuss some ideas.

 

The next morning she keeps her words that she will contact Nathan about her proposals, Nathan is well known for his massive creations for all the big artists he’s been working with from Neyo, Justin Bieber, The 1975, even the most inevitable Harry Styles. Nathan was the most sorted young creator and he was highly demanded. He wasn’t expecting Risa would call him back so soon, but hearing her voice made giddy over the phone. Risa said ‘Hello Nathan, how are you? I heard you’re here in Korea.’ Nathan cleared his throat and replied to her, ‘Yes, I am great, thanks for asking, Risa and oh Well, stuck is the right word for it. But how are you feeling? Is everything well for you here? And also I’m thrilled you decided to call me back, I know we’ve lost touch for a while now’, while he was shy on the side, Risa was thinking how to ask for a favour from the one guy she has been chasing for years to collaborate. It’s now or never, so she builds up her courage to ask him. ‘Yes, I am managing well here. Just taking day by day especially with the virus, it is getting too hard to get around. But thank you for asking. And yes, I called actually…. Well I have some favour to ask of you, and it is really last minute,’ she breathed out the word without a paused and she was literally waiting for his rejection. Nathan was actually just excited to even the fact Risa came looking for him for help. He would absolutely do anything for her so he replied, ‘Sure, what can I do for you?’. So their conversations decided to continue for lunch tomorrow and asked Nathan to joined her production meeting in the afternoon for NCT127 Beyond The Origin.

 

Hi dear readers, I hope you guys love this cute update. I do apologize for not updating so much since this early January was so busy at work. Do subscribe and leave some comments below. Love to hear what you guys think!

 

Best of my love,

Jeers