Her First Day

She Was Everything

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Incheon Airport, where the local time us 12.40PM...”, Risa’s mind was so refreshed after the long flight and she pretty much slept the whole ride. She was reading on the information that was given by Anthony about her work details. She also took her time to learn about the group she’s about to work for.

 

7 hours ago during the flight

“NCT? Hmmm.. they seem really nice and very talented boys”, while looking at their profiles and making sure she’s prepping well enough before meeting them. “What is the difference between these subunits? NCT U, NCT 127 and NCT Dream, and there’s a different one called WayV? Aren’t they all the same group?”. The more she reads, the more she’s confused about the naming, the promotions, the different members and it went on and on. How confusing this may be for them, she thought. I mean how many are they that they need to divide for these different subunits?”, as she pondered through the files until...

 

“OH MY GOD, HOW MANY ARE THEM EXACTLY!?, Risa closed while mouthing sorry to her seating neighbour. She ducked through her seats and continues to think. Gosh Risa, you must be insane. This is why you should ask before you sign the contract. She facepalmed herself and then regain her focus. After studying and making notes (annndd plenty of re-reading), then she went to bed and had a full rest on the flight. Now, her flight just landed, she took her bags and went to fetch her luggage. Anthony was outside waiting for Risa’s arrival. It’s been twenty minutes since he arrived. He was standing near the rail with a paper printed Risa’s full name. After another twenty minutes or more, Anthony saw Risa walked out the door, trying to look for him and eventually he waved where he was standing. “Welcome to Korea, I am so happy you’re finally here. How was the flight?”, Anthony shook Risa’s hand. Risa replied with a smile, “It was great, thank you. And thank you for picking me up. You didn’t have to.” Anthony released his hand and took her bag trolley, “it’s quite alright, the company had asked me to. Everyone is excited and has been expecting your arrival.”

 

Anthony pulled into Risa’s new place, which kind of close to the headquarters. Keys and all her stuff shipped earlier from last month was already there. Looking around the apartment, it is clean, white and sophisticated like Risa liked it. Lucky for Risa, Sue managed to get a good apartment on behalf of the company. She wanted Risa to have the best so she would feel comfortable and safe away from home. There are one bathroom, three rooms and a large kitchen and living room. It’s quite big for one person but Risa doesn’t mind it. The other rooms can use for reading and office and an extra guest room, she thought. After settling in, Anthony told Risa she’ll have two weeks off before she starts her work. They decided to catch up and have some early dinner. Risa and Anthony talked about everything from work to favourite colour. Although they never talked more than businesses most of the times, it was kind of nice to have a company or a friend in Seoul.

 

After dinner, Anthony sent Risa back to her place and Risa called the night off early. The next morning, she started unpacking and trying to get used to some stuff around the house. She also bought cleaning supplies and groceries last night with Anthony. She was so excited so she started tidying up her bedroom and styling them, she fixed some of her work to her new office room and put down new pairs of bed sheets she brought from home.

 

After days and days, Risa’s been adjusting, Risa had some slow days towards nearing her job week so she had some nice rests. She also learned finding her time to adjust to new foods are difficult (despite being a picky eater), then back more unpacking, moving furniture around and watching dramas to learn some of the Korean words. Risa also had some times to go around her getting familiar with the neighbourhood. The most anticipated news she found these few weeks was Risa was offered to get a car for work. Risa can’t wait for her grey metallic Audi R8 that she leased finally going to be sent over soon so she can drive around during her time period in Korea. Everything seems to fall to its place. Up till the day before her first day in SM, Risa had taken extra time to prepare her schedule, revising her work and preparing herself for a new job and its challenges ahead as she went off to sleep for her big day.

 

Meanwhile...

NCT just finished their recording of their latest album for Kick It that they’ve been preparing months for this comeback. During the car trip, “BRUCEEEEE LAYYYYY, BRUCEEE LAYYYY!”, while dancing with Jungwoo in the car. Mark was laughing along while Taeyong get some rest while listening to them. While the other members was on the other car sleeping. As they headed close to the dorm, suddenly the manager who was dropping them off, nudged to Taeyong, “Taeyong-ah, just to remind you: tomorrow morning you guys will be meeting your new Director for your upcoming tour okay? Tell the others too.” Taeyong nodded, “thanks, hyung. Will do that!”. When they entered their dorms, Taeyong. called all the members for an announcement in the living room. “We will be introducing ourselves tomorrow to our new tour director tomorrow. You guys will behave tomorrow naeee?”. The members just nodded and. smiled, “naeeee~~~,”. Then Johnny excitedly said, “Tony-hyung (as in Anthony) told us in a meeting last week she really came all the way from London. I’m quite impressed we were able to scout her for our tour. Her client list is daebak!”

 

“Who’s from London?”, Taeil popped up from decided to join in. Taeyong turned to him and replied, “the new Director for our tour, we’re meeting her tomorrow officially. She must be very good since she managed all those great stars for their tours. I can’t wait what she has in store for us.” Jaehyun nodded, agreeing what Taeyong said. He saw Risa’s credentials, he has to admit, Risa’s young mind and creativity show her work experiences with top global stars were undeniably amazing. Mark who was sitting next to Jaehyun chimed in, “I guess we will have to see tomorrow, I’m kinda excited to meet her..” as they discussed through the night.

 

The next morning,

Risa woke up early the next day, had her small breakfast and went to the office as early she can leave because she didn’t want to be late for her first day, or the fact she was afraid the possibility of traffic or got her self lost in her way there. Risa arrived just before 9AM, and was greeted by Han Minjun, one of SM Producer who will be working with Risa and Anthony. Minjun studied in Julliard School, he happened was scouted to work SM when SM was opened for a global audition in New York. Minjun was there to volunteer, but he found his new opportunity at the right time and now he works in SM for two years. Minjun introduced himself to Risa, “Hello, welcome to SM. I’m Minjun.” Risa smiled and shook his hand, “Risa, nice to meet you!”. Minjun was also shocked when he heard about Risa’s arrival. He wonders how Risa got this position. He was actually jealous about the tour director position was handed to Risa. He wanted to prove to his superiors that he can do the job. He wasn’t pleased when he found there is a new competitor in town. He just has to see how Risa can beat him up to his level.

 

After meeting with Minjun, Anthony brought Risa around for a tour in the office SM. She went through almost all of the floors and was also showed her room office area where she will be working. Minjun was not really that ecstatic his rival was placed next to his office. Then she was asked to wait in the meeting room for today’s meeting with NCT127. As for the members, NCT127 just arrived at SM office. All of the members were excited to meet up with the new tour director. It’s been months and months planning for the tour, they discussed a lot with the management. Finally today they are able to finalise more before proceeding. Taeyong leads the members to the meeting room were Risa was waiting. The moment NCT127 walks in, they finally saw Risa for the first time.

 

Immediately they thought Risa look so young and very beautiful. Risa is petite and looks younger than she looks. Since Risa grew up with mixed race and brought up up states; it’s also hard for her to prove to people that she only is just a beautiful face. Although people told her she definitely misunderstood out as an idol or even as a model, Risa was shy. Everyone was just staring and Minjun noticed they were pretty much starstruck by Risa’s beauty. Even Minjun was in awe of Risa’s charming smile when they met just now. Minjun immediately tried calling out to Taeyong and ask him to tell others to introduce them Risa. “To the world, we're NCT!”, as they bowed and greeted Risa, unknowingly there will be more stories to unfold from that moment.

 

Hi dear readers, first I truly apologised this long overdue chapter. It's been so many months since I've been back here. I am sorry for not uploading but I actually drafted some chapters while I was away. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to upload them there since I've been so busy with work. But since NCT2020 is coming, I'll be changing the timeline of the stories so please stay tuned for more exciting chapters.

Thank you for your patience. I will try to upload few more chapters very soon. I hope you liked this updated chapter. Thank you so much for your support. Talk soon and stay safe!

Best of my love,

Jeers