Chance at Love

The Thingy on Our Doorstep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The meeting was about to take place and Seohyun sat down , she glanced around the producers and directors are already here. Her job today is to have a meeting with the music director about the new song she composed for this new drama. She had no idea who the actors and actresses are. She was nervous, rumour has it that this production is the biggest production of the year. With big casts, and famous script writers and directors. This is the drama of the year. 

 

After a few minutes the seats are slowly getting filled , but Seohyun paid no attention, she listened to her music one last time before her manager tapped her shoulder gently. The meeting is starting , she lift her head up and was genuinely surprised the lead actress was Yoona. She stared at the older girl, expecting Yoona to do some excessive moves. But instead , the latter just nod at her as if it’s their first time meeting. Seohyun was shocked at the response, but she didn’t forget to nod back. During the meeting she noticed how serious Yoona was at work , a side she never get to see. It was an eye opener for her, she kept her thought to herself as she watched the older girl interacts with other actors and the production staff. After a few minutes they introduced her as the composer and one of the singer for their drama soundtrack. The director revealed his hope for Yoona to sang the main soundtrack , the song Seohyun composed. Both girls were shocked, Yoona never expected to lend her voice for the soundtrack as singing was not her forte. She can sing but she lacks the practice and professional training. Seohyun kept to herself as her manager began to arrange a time for the recordings. She watched as Yoona started the table read, the older girl was engrossed in her character, her facial expression was on point , it was as if she’s watching the drama already playing in front of her with Yoona’s tone and facial expressions. 

 

“Seohyun-ssi , they are done with the table read. Let’s go to a cafe with Yoona-ssi to discuss the time to practice and recording.” Her manager snapped her out of her trance. She watched as Yoona was informed of the same information , the latter’s eyes darted to her for a second. Seohyun saw uncertainty in her eyes. But she brushed it off , work comes first. 

 

They arrived at a coffee shop and ordered their drinks before they start discussing their schedules. “Yoona you don’t have much free time to practice and record. The only time you have to practice is today and tomorrow night. The day after that you need to attend the premiere for your new film and variety shows.” Yoona’s Manager said while trying to find a loophole in her schedule. Yoona sighed , “Can’t we arrange a time ? This is too sudden..” 

 

“Can’t do. After tomorrow your schedules full every day.” Her Manager said

 

“I hate you. I don’t even get decent rest.” Yoona pouted. 

 

“Seohyun-ssi what about your schedule?” Her Manager asked

 

“My schedules free recently since I just wrapped up promotion for my new album.” She said, “I can adjust my time to your schedule Yoona-ssi.” 

 

Yoona Just nod her head slightly, “Then shall we start now then ? We don’t have time to waste.” Seohyun agreed and they moved to Seohyun’s recording studio. Yoona was obviously nervous , her legs never stopped bouncing. Seohyun noticed but decided to keep quiet and observe the girl next to her. She had never seen Yoona work or even in close contact with her work. She just knew her as an actress and that’s it , she never watched her movies and never paid attention to her news. ‘What am I supposed to do?’ She thought to herself. 

 

 

Yuri finally landed in Seoul. She left Seoul with a luggage and cane back with three more. She sighed , she only have herself to be blamed. Those damn baby clothes and toys were too good to be missed and that damn Hermès Birkin Limited Edition is too pretty to not buy for her Sica. She sighed and ordered a taxi. 

 

She reached home and was greeted by an empty house. Riley went with Jessica to her store, she sat on the couch and let out a deep breath. ‘Home sweet Home’ she thought as she took in deep breaths smelling Riley’s cute baby scent and her girlfriend’s perfume. 

 

“I miss them already” 

 

She went up for a shower and came back down to set up the things she bought for Riley. She manages to clear Out a space in the living room for Ji Eun. She pushed away the furniture, rearrange the house and set up a play fence for her daughter. She then put in colorful floor mats, a red tent, a rocking horse, and many other plush toys. She smiled to herself , the area is too cute. Yuri then scrambled into her bedroom and fix up the co-sleeping crib, unable to take her girlfriend not by her side every night she decided to splurge on this baby crib. So little Riley will be by her mummy’s side and her mummy will be next to her umma. Everyone gets mummy. 

 

Jessica came home to a whole new look in her house. “Babe?” She called out while holding Riley. “Up here” 

 

Jessica head up to their bedroom and was pleasantly surprised to see her fiancée fixing a crib right next to their bed , what’s better is the crib is adjusted to the level

Of their bed and Riley can sleep with them. “You like it?” Yuri asked amidst the sweat dripping from her face. Jessica squealed and held her lover’s face in her hand and kissed it all over. Riley of course was watching her two mothers being smoochy. “Look what Umma did! You like it? Mummy don’t have to split my time between you two.” 

 

“Yeah and umma can have my baby back...” Yuri said and land a kiss on Jessica’s shoulders. Jessica giggles and kissed Yuri’s temple , “I love you.” 

 

“I love you too. Come on let’s go down and play with all the new things I bought for her.” 

 

“Did you buy anything for me?” Jessica pouted cutely. Yuri feigned ignorance, “I don’t have time to buy for you. And you already have so much bags and whatnots.” 

 

“Yah...” Jessica said softly, slightly hurt that her Yuri didn’t buy her anything. But Yuri just continue her act, “Ji Eun-ah come on let’s go see what umma buy for you.” She Held Ji Eun and went down leaving Jessica in their room. The designer was fuming , she kicked Yuri’s luggage and went into the closet room to change and much to her surprise there was an orange paper bag waiting for her. “Holy ..” she whispered. She neared it carefully afraid it might be another prank from her girlfriend. She opened it and saw the bag. The bag she wanted. She held it up and gasped. “Damn you Kwon Yuri” 

 

She held the bag and ran downstairs and tackled her girlfriend. Yuri didn’t have time to b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter