Pain

The Thingy on Our Doorstep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica rushes through the morning , she had a 11am appointment today and Ji Eun is running down with fever and flu. She called the pediatrician and they managed to slot her daughter in for 11:30am. Yuri was in Japan for a few days for her new book release and interview, Jessica groaned and tried to squeeze her time through everything. Not to mention Riley was being sensitive and clingy due to the pain. Ji Eun whined and cried breaking Jessica’s heart all over. She picked her daughter up and kissed her cheeks feeling the heat in Riley’s body. “Poor Ri Ri .... it hurts right?” The baby whined and burrow her head on Jessica’s chest. 

 

“I know .. I know. Mummy knows.” She cooed and kissed her daughter’s head. She sighed ,this is going to be hard. She took the thermometer and checked Riley’s temperature again , 37.8 degree Celsius. She can only think of one person to help , Krystal Jung. She knocked on Krystal’s door and was greeted with a disheveled looking girl. “Can you help me bring Riley to the doctor’s appointment ? She’s running a fever since last night and her flu is terrible. She didn’t sleep well and hasn’t been drinking much milk.” Krystal widened her eyes and took a good look at her niece , poor Riley was sniffing. 

 

“Oh no, come to emmo.” She shot her hands out for Riley but the little girl just held onto her mummy closer. “I have a supplier coming from Italy and I need to secure this contract with them. I can’t bring her to the doctor’s, can you help me bring her ?” Krystal nod her head and rubbed Riley’s back feeling the heat seeping through her hand. “Unnie go prepare , I’ll take care of her and bring her to the doctor.” Jessica agreed and passed Riley to her sister , but Riley was crying when her mommy gave her to Jung Jung emmo. Jessica felt her heart break a little , she leaned forward and kissed her daughter’s cheeks lovingly.  “Just for a while alright sweetie , mummy will come back as soon as possible.” She gave her daughter another kiss and quickly left for the office. 

 

“Unnie! Wait !”  Krystal called out. Jessica turned her head , “What is it?”

 

“I can’t handle Riley alone. I need someone to open the car doors, get the stuff , hold the door open for me while I hold her.” Krystal explained and Jessica sighed. “I’ll handle it. Just get ready to the doctor’s.” Krystal nod her head and goes back into the house with Riley still crying. Jessica get into her car and call the first person on her mind , Tiffany Hwang. 

 

“Hi Jessi!” Tiffany’s voice chirped. 

 

“Hi need a favor from you.” Jessica wasted no time

 

“What is it?” Tiffany asked worriedly

 

“Riley’s having fever and flu. My supplier from Italy is here today and I can’t bring her to the doctor’s. Got Krystal to bring her but she needs someone to help her. Can you go?” Jessica begged

 

“I can’t I have clients coming in with my dad later. But don’t worry I’ll get Tae Tae to go with her .” 

 

Jessica sighed in relief. “Thanks Tiff I owe you one.” 

 

“Don’t worry. We all love that mini Kwon Yuri.” Tiffany joked and ended the call.

 

She immediately called her fiancée , “Oh my brighter than jewel Fany Fany Tiffany”she head her dorky fiancée and a smile carved on her face. 

 

“Tae Tae , Ji Eun is sick. Jess can’t go because of work , she got Soo Jung to bring Riley in to the doctor’s. Can you help fetch them over and helped them out?” 

 

“I can’t babe , I have a recording session In another twenty minutes time with Seohyun. Don’t worry baby I’ll get Soo over.” Taeyeon says and hurriedly called the tall woman. 

 

“Erlo...” sounds of munching could be heard. Taeyeon sighed , “Soo.. Ji Eun is sick. Sica is busy. Soo Jung is bringing her alone. I’m busy with Seohyun.” 

 

Sooyoung swallowed loudly much to the dismay of Taeyeon. “I need to attend a tv program later and after that I’m going to New York with Sunny. Sorry can’t help you.” 

 

Taeyeon sighed , “Get Hyo to help. I need to go in for a recording session.” Taeyeon just off the call and had the tall woman gulping her soda loudly. She burped and then called Hyoyeon. “Hyo..”

 

“Wae...” she sounded slurry

 

“Where are you?” Sooyoung asked

 

“Where am I?” Hyoyeon said loudly. Bottles were heard clanging behind her. “Are you sober right now?” Sooyoung asked.

 

Hyoyeon giggles , “Mmm... nope.” 

 

“Fine. I need to go now. Riley is sick. Sica is busy. Everyone else is also busy. Get Yoona to help.” 

 

“Hee...hee...Arasso.” 

 

Sooyoung shook her head and turn off the phone. She hope Riley is well. 

 

“Allo... Yoongie!!!” Hyoyeon Called out in a high pitched voice. Yoona was shocked at the blonde woman’s condition. “Unnie are you drunk?” 

 

“Kee kee kee... I’m not!” 

 

“Why do you call Unnie?”

 

“Yah! You ungrateful rascal! Do I need a reason to call you?!”

 

Yoona whimpered , she hates it when Hyoyeon is drunk. “No Unnie.” 

 

“Ji Eunnie is sick! Sica needs help! Go help her!” 

 

“Unnie I have a CF shoot today. But I’ll get Sulli to help her.” Hyoyeon grunted and hung up the call continue sleeping. Yoona quickly called Sulli for help, “Ssul!”

 

“What’s wrong?” Sulli asked panicked

 

“Riley is sick ! And Sica Unnie needs help with her. Quick go help her out!”

 

“Okay!” Sulli quickly jumped out of bed and quickly washed her face before speeding to Jessica’s place. She arrived and knocked onto the door, Krystal thought it was Tiffany and opened the door whining, “Unnie! What took you so long ?!” 

 

Sulli was taken aback when Krystal opened the door with her aegyo voice. She suddenly had a flashback of when Krystal will use this voice to make her go out for late night supper or late night walks. Krystal too was shocked when it was Sulli instead of Tiffany standing in front of her. The former lovers looked at each other , it was Sulli who first broke their contact. She cleared , “Yoona Unnie asked me to come over. She didn’t say it was you tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter