That Thingy on Our Doorstep

The Thingy on Our Doorstep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being a writer has its consequences, the never ending calls from the publication house requesting your drafts, the never ending calls from your personal assistant reminding you to send over your latest chapter, the pressure from the sponsors to do well. Yuri let out a loud groan and slumped to the floor, thankfully one thing that she loves about being a writer is have to be able to work at home. She literally stays at home 24/7. This gives her the benefit of taking her own sweet time, and of course to pamper her girlfriend when she is home from work.

Being a girlfriend of famed designer Jessica Jung is also tiresome, whenever they go out Yuri would have to look at least presentable, of course Jessica don’t mind if Yuri wears like a hobo, but the whipped woman in Yuri wants to make her girlfriend happy. Yuri looked around the house, everything is pretty much spotless except for her office, there are papers strewn everywhere, pens pretty much all over the place, she took a sniff of her own body, she has been up since 2am in the morning when an idea surged through her brain and she got up to write. It has already been 11 hours since she cooped inside her office, she heard Jessica going to work.

They have been together for 13 long years to know each other well , Jessica knew better than to disturb her girlfriend when she locked herself in her office. She knew better than to call or text her, usually Yuri will be the one who texts her first. She has encountered Yuri’s wrath when she accidentally called or barged into the office without her consent, it was worse than hell. To say Yuri is whipped is an understatement, for Jessica is whipped for that tanned woman too. She leaned back in her office chair taking a look at her new creation when her best friend Tiffany strode into the room.

“A very good morning to you too Tiffany..” Jessica said sarcastically, the said woman rolled her eyes, “Hello Jessica.”

“To what I owe the pleasure of the great CEO Hwang?”

“Ugh.. stop that. Anyway , Tae Tae texted me to inform everyone of a dinner tonight at J.W.Marriot hotel. Any idea what she’s doing?” Tiffany asked. Jessica smirked, they knew all along what that shorty is doing.

“Enjoy it to the max Tiffany Hwang.. you will know when the time is right?”

“What’s wrong with you guys? You kept saying the same thing to me… what time? What will be right?” Tiffany bombarded her best friend with questions but the ice queen just waved her had making Tiffany shut , “Get out, I have work.”

“Hmmph!” Tiffany stomped off leaving a sly smirking Jessica at the back. A beep indicating she has a message, the designer stopped everything and hoped it was from Yuri. Indeed it’s from her seobang.

“Hey Sica-baby, sorry I didn’t make breakfast for you this morning. Dinner tonight?”

Jessica replied quickly.

“I miss you so much this morning… babe we need to be there for Taeyeon remember?”

Less than a minute, another reply came from her beloved.

“Oops, I’ve forgotten about it. Alrighty then, we will be there for that midget. I will make it up to you soon , I’m so sorry baby the deadline is so near.”

Jessica frowned.

“Please tell me you have taken a sip of water at least, or you’ve eaten already? I don’t want to find you sprawled on the floor just because you forgotten to eat and drink and rest that you collapsed.”

Yuri replied immediately .

“I’m cooking some food now. Don’t worry. I won’t die on you so quickly. Yet.”

The designer pursed her lips.

“This is not a joke. It’s not funny. Don’t even talk about it!”

Yuri quickly sent her another reply.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry love. Lets change the topic. Can you pick me up later?”

Jessica took a few minutes to reply her seobang as she needed to cool down a little.

“Arasso, I need to come back and change. We will go to the restaurant together.”

Yuri knew better than to aggravate her love.

“Arasso, I love you Sica-baby.”

Jessica smiled and put her phone down, just a few more hours till she can see her Yuri. She hummed and continued on with her work.

 

Yuri finished her food and quickly went back inside her office to sent the latest chapter to her publisher and editor. After making sure they received the draft, she sighed and relaxed. “Finally, I am free for a few days!” She tried to think of an outfit to wear tonight but she is just too tired physically. She decided to take a nap and walked back up to their shared bedroom. Yuri lay on the bed and try to sleep but her mind was actively running. Her thoughts drifted back to her conversation with Taeyeon a few days ago, that midget wanted her help to propose to Tiffany. And that word, ‘propose’ struck a chord within Yuri.

She and Jessica had been together for a long long time and to be honest, the prospect of marriage did cross her mind once or twice, but she knew her girlfriend is opposed to it, they both believed that a marriage is just by a piece of paper and their love is not limited to those few signatures and the power of that piece of paper. Therefore they never considered marriage. But now Taeyeon and Tiffany are about to get married, Yuri had started to think again about her relationship status with Jessica. They are still deeply in love nothing has changed between them. Will a change in their relationship status change them? Will they love each other more? Yuri doubt no, her love for her Sica-baby is much much greater than anything she had ever encountered in this world.

“HAISHHH!! Why are they getting married ?” Yuri shouted into her pillow and huffed. It’s just weird if her bestfriend gets married, Taeyeon and Tiffany have been together for less than a few years, they have known each other since forever. Taeyeon is Yuri’s best friend in high school , Tiffany was Jessica’s best friend. They were in different schools ; Tiffany and her Sica were in an all-girls school while Taeyeon and Yuri were in a prestigious art school. But fate has its own way, one day Taeyeon and Yuri’s school decided to host an open day and invite students from all over to pay a visit to their school and have a look around. Jessica and Tiffany went, and during that day Yuri first saw Jessica laughing and playing with her best friend. The sun was shining behind her creating a halo around her body, her beautiful laugh and smile deeply imprinted on Yuri’s mind. She wanted to walk up to Jessica and introduced herself but she was called up on the stage for something else. That girl with the halo and beautiful smile kept haunting her for the rest of the day.

It was not till the end of the festival , that those two girls stumbled upon Yuri after getting lost that the tanned woman felt the Gods have given her another chance at true love. She introduced herself and quickly getting approved by Tiffany, it took her almost 18 months to get a smile out of Jessica, a year to be openly talking and conversing with Jessica and another year and a half for them to officially get together. In Yuri’s opinion, those hard few years were worth it, she has the woman of her dreams. But for Taeyeon and Tiffany, they were an odd bunch. They have known each other for quite some time and both harbored feelings for each other. But they always missed each other at the right moment, when Tiffany decided to confess Taeyeon is in a relationship and vice versa. Those two drove everyone of their friends mad. And when both finally confessed their feelings, Taeyeon was signed under an entertainment agency and will finally debut as a singer, the agency put down a no dating restriction on her. Out of options, she can only let Tiffany go again. But luckily, Tiffany was strong enough for the both of them, she waited patiently, tending to every of Taeyeon’s needs and demands. When the ban was lifted, those two immediately get together and announced to the whole world they were dating.

Fast forward to today, after almost 5 years of dating, they are stepping into another stage of life, marriage. “Aish…why am I feeling this way? I wanna get married? To Sica?” More questions clouded her mind, and in the end she decided to give up and focused on sleeping. All questions can wait till later.

Jessica drove home and was surprised that the house is so quiet. She checked Yuri’s office and the tanned woman was not there. A little bit concerned, she ran upstairs to the bedroom and to her relief, her Yuri was just sleeping soundly like a baby. She slowly climbed onto the bed and swatted away the hair blocking Yuri’s face and leaned a kiss on her cheek. She took a look at the time and figured its still early, she took off her blazer and removed her pants and set the alarm for another hour or two of sleep. Then she went under the covers and snuggled next to her girlfriend and fall asleep.

The sound of the alarm woke Yuri up , she tried to stir but there was a weight pressing down to her. She opened her eyes and was awarded with a still sleeping Jessica on top of her, she circled her arms around her girlfriend’s slender waist and gave her a kiss on the forehead. The questions that haunted her before she fell asleep resurfaced again, ‘If I want to get married, it is with you Jessica Jung.’

‘Jessica Kwon’ Yuri thought to herself.

‘Jessica Kwon Soo Yeon sounds nice… Jung Yuri sounds nice too…as long if it’s my Sica everything is good.’ Yuri sighed and rubbed her hand against Jessica’s head slightly waking her up. “Oh..seobang” Jessica whined and burrowed her head into her girlfriend’s nape sniffing Yuri. “Yah don’t sniff me! I have not showered the whole day and I sweat while working.” Yuri said embarrassingly. “Why!?” Jessica complained loudly when the tanned woman pushed her head away. “I’m stinky Sica-ah… let me go shower first okay?” Yuri pecked her girlfriend’s lips lightly and smiled.

“I don’t care! I like your smell..” Jessica grumbled and held onto Yuri’s neck with her arms and tightened her grip. Yuri sighed, when Jessica woke up she’s like a koala bear. “We need to get going. Let’s get ready.” Yuri said softly to her girlfriend while rubbing Jessica’s lower back softly. The latter whined and Yuri chuckled a little. Yuri tightened her hug and kissed her girlfriend’s shoulder, her hands skimmed down and she noticed Jessica went to sleep without her pants. Her hands started roaming the smooth milky skin and heard her girlfriend started . “Let’s go shower. We really need to be there tonight. We can’t skip. Those two will kill us.” Yuri said.

Jessica continued to whine like a child, in the end Yuri just held her girlfriend in her arms and walked into their bathroom. She put Jessica on the counter and slowly stripped her girlfriend into her state before doing the same for herself. Then she set the water temperature and checked it before carrying Jessica into the shower. “I like this..” Jessica whispered while leaning against Yuri, the tanned woman was shampooing her girlfriend’s hair. “Of course you like it, you lazy bum.”

“My Seobang is such a good seobang..” Jessica said cutely.

“Of course.” But the frown on Yuri’s face told Jessica something is wrong. “What’s wrong Yuri-ah?” She asked softly. “Tell me..”

“It’s just so weird that they are getting married…” Yuri said slowly, enunciating her words. Jessica wrapped her girlfriend’s waist with her arms and held Yuri closer to her, “You want to get married?”

The tanned woman shook her head, “I don’t know Sica… it’s just they are stepping onto another step in their relationship. It’s just weird, before we know it they will be getting pregnant and baby pops out.”

“Yuri-ah, we don’t have to follow their steps. We can always do what we feel like doing. Don’t feel pressured just because they are getting married or stepping into something new. Just do things on our own pace.” Jessica held Yuri’s face and watched as the water droplets from the shower flow down her girlfriend’s face.

“Do you want to get married?” That question shocked Jessica. Is Yuri proposing to her now? In the shower? When they are both ?

“I don’t know Yuri-ah, I’m just content at this point of my life. With you, with our life we have together.”

Yuri leaned her forehead on her girlfriend’s and took a few deep breaths, “Let’s discuss this some other time. My head is starting to hurt now.”

 

 

Jessica and Yuri arrived at the hotel restaurant and saw Taeyeon pacing all around, Yuri quickly reached out and put her hand on her best friend’s shoulder. “Calm down.”

“YURI!” Taeyeon jumped into Yuri’s embrace and whined. Yuri just chuckled and held her best friend tight. “You can do it. She won’t say no.”

“It’s not Ppani..”

“Then what is it?” Jessica asked annoyed at how close those two are.

“Look..” Taeyeon said pitifully while pointing inside. They took a look and Yuri almost slapped Taeyeon, she asked Sooyoung , Hyoyeon and Yoona to help her out. “Out of everyone you get those three to help you to set up the place?” Yuri seethed. Taeyeon whimpered and bury her head in Yuri’s shoulder.

“I’ll take over. Where’s the ring?” Yuri asked. Taeyeon pointed to her own pocket. “Keep it safe. Sica, watch over her and the ring. Make sure she don’t lose it.” Yuri then marched towards the three chodings. Yoona was playing with the balloons and helium gas. Sooyoung was busy looking at the menu and planning what she should eat later, Hyoyeon was on the stage playing EDM. She walked towards Yoona first and snatched the helium gas tank and balloons out of her hand. Yoona shouted but kept shut when she saw Yuri’s angry expression. She is not close to Yuri yet, she’s just a colleague of Sooyoung.

Yuri then marched to Sooyoung and slapped the back of her head, “YAH! IT HURTS!”

“You should be helping Taeyeon out, not adding to her stress level. Poor woman was almost crying when I arrived.” Sooyoung listened on and took a glance at Taeyeon, the blonde woman was looking at them with sad eyes. “Arasso, I’ll set up the place now.” Yuri watched for another few minutes as Sooyoung start cleaning the place up and make Yoona start filling the balloons. Yuri then walked to Hyoyeon and pulled out the main switch for her EDM monitor.

“WHAT?” Hyoyeon shouted but shut up immediately when she was face to face with Kwon Yuri. “What did you say?”

“Nothing.” Hyoyeon kept quiet. “What did Taeyeon instruct you to do?”

“To set up the piano and wait for Seohyun.”

“Who is Seohyun?” Yuri asked but the DJ just shrugged her shoulders. “Clean up this place and set up the piano.” Hyoyoen saluted Yuri and started to get to work , the tanned woman walked towards Taeyeon. “Who is Seohyun?”

“Oh, she’s a new singer my agency just recruited and she’s close to me since we share the same manager and she composes really well. She composed a song tonight for me and Ppani.” Taeyeon explained and Yuri just nod her head. She trusted Taeyeon’s capability to make friends better than those three idiots inside. Sooyoung was Yuri and Taeyeon’s junior in high school and now she is a successful actress. She met Im Yoona , another fellow actress and model in her agency. Both of them are top actress in South Korea but they both are the biggest choding out there. Hyoyeon was once Yuri’s editor in her publishing company, one day she woke up and found her calling in DJ-ing and never looked back.

Just as they were waiting the lift opens and an innocent lady walks out of it, “Seohyun-ah!” Taeyeon ran towards her. “Unnie..” She said softly while the short woman dragged her to where her friends are. “Seohyun, this is my BFF Kwon Yuri.”

“Kwon Yuri!?” Seohyun called out

“Ne…” Yuri said softly .

“I’m your fan! Can I have an autograph?” She ransacked her bag and took out one of the books Yuri wrote. The tanned woman chuckled and signed it. “Thank you for supporting me. And thank you for helping Taeyeon out.”

“No worries. Taeyeon unnie helped me a lot when I first started out as a trainee.” Seohyun said gleefully while keeping her book back. Jessica was just staring at the young woman , she hates it when fangirls walks up to her Yuri. “Let me introduce you, this is my girlfriend Jessica Jung.”

“Oh, anyeonghaseyo. Seohyun inmida. You are the famous fashion designer Jessica Jung.” Seohyun said and Jessica just gave a tight smile, the younger girl’s smile flattered.

“Anyway , just call of us unnie . You’re the maknae Seohyun-ah..” Taeyeon said trying to appease Jessica.

“Oh jinjia?” Seohyun asked.

“Ne… the youngest is only a year older than you.” Yuri chided.

“Let me bring you in.” Taeyeon pulled Seohyun in and introduced her to everyone. “How is Ppani?” Yuri asked her girlfriend while holding her close by her waist. “Not suspecting anything. We can almost an hour or two early. We are gonna make it.”Jessica said.

The tanned woman just nod her head and took a look, she noticed the fawning face on Yoona’s face. “I think Im Yoona is in love.”

“What?” Jessica snapped

They both looked on as Taeyeon introduced Seohyun around , they noticed the longing look on Yoona’s face. The actress didn’t even realize the balloon in her hand is already very filled up. Suddenly a loud pop scared them all, including Yoona. “Oh…” Yoona’s little voice was heard. Yuri shook her head, another one falls into the love trap.

“Is Seohyun straight?” Jessica asked, Yuri shrugged her shoulders. “Yoona is really infatuated.” Jessica whispered as Yoona sat close near the stage and watched as Seohyun took over the piano and started playing. “It’s rare to see her this quiet.” They snickered and watched closely the youngest pair.

 

 

As the clock ticked closer, they entered the restaurant and sat in their respective places. Yoona sat next to Seohyun and the both of them started to talk, more like Yoona talked and Seohyun just politely nod her head. Sooyoung sat next to Sunny, they have been going on and off for a few years now, Hyoyeon just broke up with her boyfriend and is waiting for her prince charming. Taeyeon went down to pick her girlfriend up and pretended she just arrived. When Tiffany entered the restaurant, she was shocked to see Taeyeon booked the whole restaurant. “What’s the occasion?”

“What occasion? Just a casual dinner.” Taeyeon said while lying through her teeth. Tiffany frowned, she is suspecting something, but she has no idea what. “Oh Yoona, you’re here too! Hello Seohyun!” She greeted the two. “Anyeong!” Yoona greeted her happily while Seohyun just gave her a nod. Taeyeon nod to the waiter and their meal was served. Halfway through the dinner Seohyun slipped out of the restaurant and walked towards the stage. At her cue, all lights were cut off. “Tae Tae what’s happening? Why are the lights all out?” Taeyeon patted her girlfriend’s hand and walked up to the stage.

Suddenly the lights came back on, in the middle of the stage there stood Kim Taeyeon smiling sweetly at her girlfriend, Jessica stood up and pulled her bestfriend from her seat. “Where are we going Jessi?”

“Just relax and trust me. Trust Taeyeon.” She pulled Tiffany to the front of the stage, Jessica then lighted the candles hidden on the floor and soon Tiffany was standing inside a heart shaped candles with rose petals all over the floor. Seohyun started playing the song and Taeyeon started singing. Tears were pooling in both of their eyes when they stared deep into each other’s orbs. When the song ended, Taeyeon walked off the stage and towards her girlfriend. She stood inside the heart shaped candle and got down on one knee. Tiffany gasped loudly, “Oh my goodness…”

Taeyeon chuckled and held Tiffany’s left hand kissing it lightly, “Stephanie Hwang Mi Young, I love you. I told you when we get together, I want to marry you. I want to have babies with you. I want to grow old with you. We missed too much time , let’s not waste anymore time. Will you marry me and be my forever love?”

Tiffany nod her head while tears flowed down her cheeks, “Yes! I will marry you!” Taeyeon grinned happily and slid the ring into Tiffany’s finger. She then stood up and both of them shared a passionate kiss amidst the roaring cheers. “Thank you for agreeing to marry me.” Taeyeon whispered into the kiss , Tiffany shook her head, “Thank you for choosing me and fulfilling our dreams.”

“My wife…” Taeyeon grinned , her now fiancé just smiled at her and kissed her face senseless. “I love you so much Kim Taeyeon.”

“I love you too…”

 

 

Jessica and Yuri reached home late at night, they were exhausted. Everyone partied hard and almost all of them got drunk, the only ones who were sober enough to drive everyone home was Yuri , Jessica, Seohyun and Sunny. Sunny sent Sooyoung back to her house, Jessica fetched Taeny back , Seohyun was tasked with getting Yoona back to her house while Yuri had the worst person ever, Kim Hyoyeon. That woman turns into a ninja when she’s drunk , constantly hiding and running away from Yuri. In the end Yuri had to asked the hotel workers to capture Hyoyeon and put her into Yuri’s car. When they arrived home, the both of them were dead tired.

“I’m so exhausted, that bunch of drunk idiots!” Jessica seethed while getting out of her dress. Yuri turned around to help her girlfriend out of it, “I’m so tired of chasing Hyoyeon in the parking lot. She’s short and small but she’s so good in hiding. I swear next time I want to be the one that’s drunk.” Jessica chuckled and lay on the bed with her undergarments. “I’m so tired…”

“Sleep… I’ll just remove my makeup tomorrow. That Kim Hyoyeon! I will beat her up tomorrow!”

 

 

Jessica woke up when she heard the thunders clapping, ‘It’s raining cats and dogs outside…’ she felt drying up so she got out of her room and walked down to the kitchen. She was halfway drinking when she heard mewling noises, it sounds like a child crying. Her eyes flew open , all traces of sleep gone, she looked around but there was no one. Fear overtake her and she ran upstairs to where her girlfriend is at the speed of light, halfway there the thunder roars again. She shouted and immediately dived into the covers waking Yuri up.

“What’s wrong?” Yuri asked her shivering girlfriend.

“What happened Sica?”

“Babe…”

“What’s wrong baby?” Yuri asked .

“I think our house is haunted…”

“What?!”

“I was drinking water downstairs and I heard baby crying…” Jessica explained while clutching on Yuri’s arm tightly. Yuri looked around and tried to listen to any cries, but the loud rain hinders it. She pried off Jessica’s arm and put on a t shirt, “Come on, let’s go down and have a look.”

“NO!” Jessica cried and hid under the covers.

“Come on…” Yuri held her girlfriend’s hand and pulled her downstairs. “Where did you hear the voice?” Yuri asked, Jessica pointed to the spot where she previously occupied. They moved closer to the kitchen and listened, when the thunder stopped, they heard it.

Baby cries.

Jessica hugged her girlfriend tight and Yuri quickly switched on the lights. There was no baby inside the house, “.. don’t tell me!” Yuri ran to the door and opened up the front door. There, at the front of her foot, a basket.

Jessica gasped, “Oh my god!” They both watched the basket intently , and after a few seconds the basket moved , they both took a step back. Then a soft cry emitted through their house. Yuri walked forward and took a closer look at it. There’s a baby inside with a note. Yuri took the note in her hands and was about to read it when Jessica chided her, “Get the baby inside! It’s raining heavily outside and god knows how long since it was left outside.”

Yuri quickly carried the basket into their house, she quickly carried the baby out of the basket. “OH, it’s a girl.” Yuri told Jessica , the designer was busy ransacking the basket. “They left her diapers, some clothes and some milk.”

“Is there anything else?”

“No. Just a bunch of letters.” Jessica sighed and looked at Yuri still trying to stop the baby from crying. “Is she cold?”

Yuri shrugged her shoulders, she have zero knowledge on childcare. Jessica walked forward and urged Yuri to give the baby to her. “She’s a bit cold. Can you go up and get the fleece blanket in my study?” Yuri obliged and ran up. Jessica took the time to look at the baby girl in her arms, “Who are you? Who left you? Why us?”

Yuri came down with a blanket and immediately Jessica stripped the baby off and wrapped her with the blanket. She then instructed Yuri to hold her and she walked into the kitchen to make her some milk. “Feed her, she might be hungry.”

“She looks only a couple months old..” Yuri whispered and fed the little baby. She seems calm now and was happily drinking from her bottle. “Where are the parents? How did they manage to come in? This is a heavily guarded residential area.” Jessica bombarded her girlfriend with questions. “I have no idea, maybe the pile of letters will give us some answers.”

Jessica held her arms out and Yuri transferred the baby to her, she took the letters in her hand and opened it. She read it for a few minutes , she was baffled. “Why is my name on her birth certificate?” She asked Jessica. The latter was shocked, “YAH! IS THIS A WAY FOR YOU TO GET KIDS? YOU JUST GET SOME WOMAN PREGNANT!?” She shouted scaring the baby in her arms. “SHHHH! How on earth can I get a woman pregnant!? I have no !” Jessica scoffed and pacified the baby. Yuri continued reading the pile of letters. After a few minutes, she slammed the couch to avoid scaring the sleeping baby. “Kwon Hyuk Jun! You ing retarded idiot!”

“What’s wrong? What is Hyuk Jun oppa got to do with this?”

“This kid is his! So it’s my niece!”

“He got a girlfriend?” Jessica asked.

“IT’s not his girlfriend, some random girl he met in the club and had with. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter