100 Days Old

The Thingy on Our Doorstep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri opened her eyes up and stretched her arm trying to look for her girlfriend but she was greeted with an empty bed. She sighed, it’s no longer surprising where Jessica is in the morning now. She’s definitely down there sleeping with Riley, every night after putting Riley down to bed Jessica would stay with that little girl watching and tracing her features to sleep. Almost every night Yuri would have to carry her girlfriend up on the bed, and every morning after Riley’s night feed the designer would be down on the floor with the baby sleeping soundly. But it warm Yuri’s heart watching those two sleep so soundly and every single time Yuri looked at them sleeping , they would be holding hands. Riley will clutch onto Jessica’s finger and vice versa. She stretched a little bit more and went down and took a place next to Riley’s it’s a little bit small for three people but it’s a warm routine for the new family. Yuri would stare at her girls sleeping for a little while before going down to the kitchen to make breakfast. But today, they would take things on their own pace, today Yuri and Jessica both took leave for a week. Because tomorrow is Kwon Ji Eun’s 100th day celebration and upon the elders request , they are throwing a little party to commemorate it. 

It would also be the first time the Kwons  will be introducing Kwon Ji Eun to their family. But to Yuri tomorrow is another special day it marks a new beginning for their little family. 

 

Yuri watched as those two sleep soundly, Jessica was holding Riley’s little hand while the baby was snoring softly. Genetic works in a really weird way Riley sleeps with the tip of her tongue out often making her new mothers laugh at her sleeping face. Yuri leaned forward and kissed Riley’s soft cheeks, they’ve had her for almost two months now and they are starting to get the hang of it. After the fight with Jessica, they both talked and agreed to take a week off work to get used to their life with a baby. Yuri tried to adjust her life to accommodate Riley and Jessica, she did her best to not let her work be in the way. And indeed after her change , she started to take note of her girlfriend ; for the first time she saw how much work Jessica put in to their house from the laundries to the bills, to the cleaners, every little detail was managed by Jessica. Yuri felt guilty for being such an ignorant girlfriend. That one week break they managed to bond with each other and Riley , Jessica was absolutely smitten with her and will often be found cuddling her and giving her kisses. To the point that it drove Yu-ri with jealousy, but it makes Yu-ri appreciate Jessica more; the designer really dotes on Riley and treats the little girl as if she’s her own.  Yuri knew if the situation is turned around she might not be as loving to the child like what Jessica is doing. That just cements her decision. 

 

Yuri watched them a while longer and went down to cook breakfast, Jessica was not allowed into the kitchen after she set the kitchen towel on fire by accident. Yuri chuckled at the memory and started with breakfast. She cooked her girlfriend’s favorite and brought it up, Jessica was already awake and feeding Riley. “Hello Ri Ri!” Yuri greeted happily and watched Riley smiles a little while drinking her milk. “Morning Mummy!” Yuri greeted and kissed Jessica’s cheek watching it blush. Yuri took note of her girlfriend’s attire , a low neckline sleeveless satin night gown stopping just below her knee, the tanned woman couldn’t help but gazed at the cleavage on display. Jessica saw and pinched her girlfriend’s face, “Eyes up here Kwon Not down there.” Yuri grinned and leaned forward kissing Jessica’s nose. “You’re a y Mama..” 

 

“What did you cook?” Jessica asked while holding Riley to burp her. “Your favorite American breakfast. You want me to feed you?” Jessica nod her head at the suggestion while holding Riley by her chin and slowly patted her back. Riley has colic and usually have a hard time letting gas out making her very fussy. Her little eyes never left the plate of food her umma brought up, her eyes glistening while looking at her umma feeding her mummy. “Wae Ri Ri ?” Jessica asked after finding her daughter kept looking at the food. “She wants real food now not tasteless milk..” Yuri said as she kissed her daughter’s little feet. That tanned woman is obsessed with Riley’s little feet saying that they are the cutest thing ever and that it smells nice. Jessica once smelled it when she’s alone with Riley it smells weird.   “No Ri Ri... Milkie first then when you’re older mummy will cook for you.”

 

“You cook for her? You will burn the house down before you feed her..” Yuri scoffed and continue feeding her girlfriend earning a pout from the latter. “Ri Ri you feel better? You were crying so hard last night... let’s be well today , eat well and sleep well yeah? Tomorrow is your big day.” Jessica said to her daughter while cuddling to her. Yuri then remembered her appointment time today, she has booked a restaurant nearby for the event tomorrow and need to stop by later for a last minute check. “I will go out and run some errands later, you both be good at home okay?” 

 

“Nae umma..” 

 

 

 

 

Jessica changed Riley’s diaper and settled her down before calling her parents, “Hi mummy! Hi daddy!”

 

“Hello princess..” Mr Jung greeted his pride and joy. “Hi dear..”

 

“Riley say hello...” Jessica took Riley’s little hand and waved it to the computer. “How are you both doing in San Francisco?” 

 

“The weather is terrible it’s been hot the whole week...” Mrs Jung complained , Jessica giggled, “Mummy you complained if it’s raining , you complained if it’s hot. God must be having a hard time pleasing you.”

 

“Guess who’s stuck with her for life, I have listened to her ranting for years now.” Me Jung teased gaining a good old glare from his wife. Jessica laughed and upon hearing her mummy laughed Riley smiled happily showcasing her gums. “Aigoo uri Riley is so cute...” Mrs Jung said. Both of them are of course reluctant to accept Riley at first, how could they? This is not even their granddaughter and their daughter is not married yet. It took Jessica and Yuri a lot of persuasion , and Mr Jung even called Yuri up and gave her a good scolding and threatened to personally come to Seoul and bring Jessica back to America. But Yuri fought hard and tough, in the end Mr Jung relented and slowly warming up to the prospect of having a granddaughter. That is of course after Yuri talked to Mr Jung. 

“Ri Ri is a hundred days old tomorrow.” Jessica said to her parents. “We know , we’re sorry we can’t be there. There’s just so much going on here.”

 

“Where’s Krystal?” Jessica asked she haven’t seen or heard from her sister for a few days. “Off to god knows where, I regretted letting her study environmental science. Now she’s off to somewhere far off planet Earth doing planet restoration.” Mr Jung grumbled and Jessica tried hard not to let out a laugh. Krystal has always been a little rebel courtesy to Mr Jung and Jessica who gave in to her every whim and demand , when she wanted to pick a course they advised her to follow her heart not her mind. And now she is a social environmental activist giving talks and doing research all over the world about preserving the environment. “I wish you three could be here tomorrow and see Riley. “

 

“I’m sorry Soo Yeon-ah” Mr Jung apologized. Jessica just smiled and parade Riley around the computer, “It’s Gma and Gpa...” she said excitedly to the baby. The elder Jungs were baffled, “GMA and G-pa?”

 

“Sounds chic Right? Since she’s calling Yuri’s parent haraboji and halmeoni I need to think of something for you guys.” 

 

“It sounds very hip hop..” Mr Jung said. Jessica laughed, “ I thought you two wanted to feel young..” Mr Jung sneered at the comment and played with Riley a little before ending the video call. “Kwon Ji Eun wanna try calling your Jung Jung emmo?” Jessica tried calling her sister a few times before giving up, god knows what that girl is up to now. “What are you doing Jung Soo Jung?” 

 

Yuri took care of some last minute preparations and dashed to the airport to pick up her future in-laws. The writer arranged her girlfriend’s parents to fly to Seoul . Mr Jung gave her a tight hug while Mrs Jung gave her a kiss on her cheeks. “Let’s Go and get rested. You guys should look your best tomorrow for the big big surprise.” Yuri said and ushered them to the hotel. “I want to look at Ji Eun...” Mrs Jung mumbled. “You will see her tomorrow omoni”

 

“Jessica called us just a moment ago while we were waiting for you. We need to run to a quiet place to answer her call.”’at Jung filled Yu-ri in.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter