Solution Two by Park Jinyoung

How To Propose 101

Solution Two by Park Jinyoung.

It seemed like it’s just any other day. Except this time, Mark was fiddling with the small box in his pocket while he waited for Nayeon to finish her work. He had made sure to leave his work on time so Nayeon wouldn’t be the one waiting. After all, that day would end up being special to the both of them.

Hopefully.

If everything goes well.

He’s not going to do anything exaggerating but he did have his speech ready; it’s a matter of whether he would be able to deliver it.

“Are you okay?” Nayeon’s question interrupted his thoughts.

“Of course I am.” Mark managed to crack a small smile. “Why would I not be?”

“For one, your ramen is soggy now.” Nayeon shifted her gaze to the bowl of noodles in front of him. He followed her gaze and finally noticed the already dry soggy noodles in his bowl.

“And you hate soggy noodles.” Nayeon concluded. “So tell me, what happened? You’ve been in a daze for a while. If you’re not feeling well, we can go home now.”

“No.” Mark took her hand into his as an indication for her to stay in her seat. “I am okay, really. Let me just finish this and we can go have a walk. Maybe all I needed was just fresh air.”

Despite her suspecting gaze, Nayeon eventually agreed.

After the simple dinner, the couple ended up walking to a park. Mark had been silent most of the time; his right hand in his pocket most of the time. However, Nayeon wasn’t bothered by it. Their walk after work had usually been only her talking and Mark would only be listening.

“You’re quiet tonight.” Mark was the one who brought that up instead. “Are you tired?”

“Not really.” Nayeon shrugged and stopped in front of the fountain. “I just like the peacefulness tonight.”

“Then, will you give me some of your time?”

That question caught Nayeon’s attention, which she turned to face her own boyfriend with a questioning look.

“You always have my attention—“ She paused for a moment, staring wide-eyed at Mark who was already down on a knee. “What are you doing?”

“What do you think I’m doing?” Mark smiled and looked up at his girlfriend before he took the small box from his pocket and opened it, revealing a beautiful ring in it.

Overwhelmed with the different emotions caused by Mark’s actions, the tears slowly formed in Nayeon’s eyes. Mark smiled wider before he continued.

“I’m not going to beat around the bush. Be my wife, will you? Let me love you, protect you and stay by your side forever. I won’t promise that everything will be smooth but I can promise that we will work through this together. Will you marry me?”

Smiling widely with tears glistening in her eyes, Nayeon nodded.


“And this is where everything goes wrong.”

“What do you mean, Yugyeom?”

“Shut up, Yugyeom!”

“Let me continue the actual scenario for all of you.” Yugyeom smiled playfully towards Jinyoung’s direction whose gaze looked like they could kill but the younger boy was unfazed by it.


The scene was magically changed to Jinyoung and his girlfriend.

Jeongyeon was starting to get impatient. The tears that were in her eyes previously was already all dried out as she glanced around at the small crowd that was formed because of Jinyoung’s actions. However, her boyfriend had already been trying for the fourth time and each time, the ring didn’t end up on her finger but instead on the floor.

Jinyoung’s getting more and more flustered; Jeongyeon’s getting more and more annoyed.

“Park Jinyoung!” Jeongyeon finally gave up. “I’m going to take back my ‘yes’ if you don’t put that ring on my finger!”

That earned a few laughs from the crowd. Jinyoung could only give them a sheepish grin and finally was able to put the ring on Jeongyeon’s finger.


“That happened?” Mark snorted with an amused grin on his face. “The calm and collected Jinyoung can also fumble over his proposal.”

“At least she said yes.”


` if this is not obvious enough, they are all scenarios per chapter. i tried to make it in a funny way. not the usual realistic writing for the humour effect. like those in anime, i've been reading them and found it funny so i wanted to try it out. what do you think? did it make you smile? if yes, leave a comment and a vote!

- ddeokbxkki -