The Final Solution

How To Propose 101

He's going to do it that day.

The meeting he had with his friends was obviously a complete fail but the two things he got from them are 1) be himself and 2) his original just-ask idea is bound to fail. However, being himself means nothing overboard like the stupid ideas the boys had given him.

Mark sighed at the memory of that day.

"Boo!"

Mark jolted slightly at the cheerful voice of his girlfriend who came out from nowhere.

"You scared me." Mark managed to crack a smile as he looked at Nayeon.

"And you scared me too. Nayeon joked and hooked her arm around Mark's. "To be able to sneak up to you so easily? That's something I should be worried about. Are you okay? I heard your loud sigh earlier."

"I am okay." That was Mark's calm and simple reply, which came with a few pats on Nayeon's hand. "I was just thinking about how my friends are such idiots."

"You little—"

Jaebum and Jinyoung had to cover Yugyeom's mouth and pulled him back behind the bush. That was to save the youngest from getting killed.

Mark turned around; he was sure he heard the voice of the kid he wanted to kill.

"What is it?" Nayeon turned around when Mark suddenly stopped.

"N nothing." Mark patted her hand again before he unhooked her arms from his and walked towards where he heard the voice. "I just need to check something."

Behind a certain bush, five hands were on Yugyeom's mouth as they all held their breath.

"Let's get some ice cream before we go home!" Nayeon called out which made Mark turned around to face her again before he could reached the bush. The six boys hiding behind exhaled in relief when Mark walked further away from them.

"Why are we doing this again?" Jaebum whispered harshly.

"Because we want to see him getting slapped by Nayeon?" Bambam answered innocently which earned him a glare from Jaebum, Jinyoung and Jackson each.

"Translation, he meant that we are just worried." Youngjae nodded firmly, trying his best to save Bambam's .

"They're going further away!" Jackson pointed at their direction. Despite his previous disapproval tone, Jaebum scurried along with the other five boys. Their suspicious behaviours had earned them a lot of weird gaze along the way.

Back to the couple...

"What happened to you earlier?" Nayeon asked, spooning a little of the soft serve and put the spoon into . She turned to look at her boyfriend with a curious look. "Are you listening to me?"

"It's probably just a cat or something." Mark placed his hands into his pockets as he smiled. That's when he felt the velvet box in his pocket and he's reminded about his main purpose for that night.

Will he be able to do it right?

He stopped in his tracks; Nayeon who didn't realize continued to walk ahead as she happily enjoyed her ice cream.

"Hey Nayeon." Mark called out and the "audiences" behind the bushes could sense the change in his tone.

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod.

"You like kids right?"

The six figures behind the bushes fell from their hiding formation.

Nayeon merely nodded and stared at Mark weirdly.

"What do you think of upgrading our status to one which we can have kids?" Mark asked as if it's a common question.

"You —" This time Jaebum and Jinyoung had to drag Jackson back behind the bush. Thankfully, Mark was too focused on Nayeon to notice anything.

"So you think we can't have kids with our current status?" Nayeon asked innocently, spooning a bit more ice cream at the same time.

"No, it's just—"

"If that's the case," Nayeon paused for a while to eat the bit of ice cream from her spoon then continued as she walked away. "Guess I will have to get rid of the baby."

Bambam spit out the water he was drinking.

"I don't mean it that—" Mark paused for a while before he ran after the girl. "Baby? Oi Nayeon, explain!"

"Why should I when you think our status are not okay to have one?" Nayeon stopped again, a playful and knowing smile on her face. But Mark was half panicking to realize.

"I don't mean it that way! You explain properly; what baby?"

"You obviously meant it that way.

"I don't! They told me to be myself so," Mark took the box out from his pocket and placed it on Nayeon's hand after he threw the cup of ice cream away. "I meant it like this. I was asking you to marry me!"

"I see." Nayeon shrugged nonchalantly and walked away again with Mark running after her.

"Come on Nayeon, give me an answer. No, two answers to both of my questions."

Nayeon hum softly.

"Yes." She stopped in her tracks again and smiled. "I will marry you. I was never expecting any romantic things from you so this is enough."

"NAYEON!" Two loud voices shouted; Bambam and Yugyeom both dashed out from behind the bushes and ran up to the girl.

"ARE YOU REALLY HAVING A BABY?"

"LITTLE MARK?"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING?"

"IS IT A BOY OR A GIRL?"

"CAN I BE ITS GODFATHER?"

Nayeon blinked, a little surprised at their sudden appearance. She looked behind them and saw Jaebum, Jinyoung, Jackson and Youngjae who were either facepalming or smiling sheepishly.

"What are you guys doing here?" Mark spat out. "I knew it wasn't just an imagination. But wait, that's not the point. Nayeon! What about my second question?"

"What was it again?" Nayeon feigned ignorance and walked away again. This time, Bambam and Yugyeom were the ones behind her tails.

"Nayeon, are you really having little mark?" Yugyeom asked in a frantic way.

"Maybe?"

"This is a yes or no question!" Bambam gave no chance for Yugyeom to ask another question.

"Hey you two!" Mark bellowed and dragged the two boys by the back of their shirt away from his now fiancée. "Get away!"

He then stopped in front of Nayeon, forcing her to stop in her tracks.

"You agreed to marry me, right?"

Nayeon nodded.

"Then what is this about a baby?"

The six audiences behind them waited for Nayeon's answer nervously. For some weird reason, they were as nervous as Mark.

"..."

"So?"

Nayeon smiled widely.

"Who knows?"


' and this is the end of this drabble series! whether nayeon is pregnant or she's just playing around to tease the boys, i will leave it up to your imagination or your preference. once again, i hope you guys enjoyed reading and it made you laugh a little or at least smile.

so, comment and tell me, which is your favourite scenario?

don't forget to check out Inhumane!

- ddeokbxkki -