Solution Five by Choi Youngjae

How To Propose 101

Solution Five by Choi Youngjae

“Youngjae, let me hear from you.” Mark turned to the boy before he glared at the others. “Especially since you’re probably the only sane one as compared to them”

“Well,” Youngjae’s eyes sparkled a little as he took a quick glance at everyone else. “I would say to just do it the way that suits you.”

“Which is?”

“To prepare ahead.”


Mark almost got everything ready. It was supposed to be a surprise for Nayeon. Most of their friends helped out; the venue, the decorations, the food, most of them were settled. It took them almost a year but everything’s pretty much settled. He even had the rings ready.

(“So we have to start now?”)

(“Let’s listen first. It sounds interesting for now.”)

Just one problem.

Even though Jeongyeon had helped him to pick a wedding dress, he wasn’t exactly sure that Nayeon would fit perfectly into it. After all, she never has the chance to give it a try.

Everyone else had told him that it would be a perfect for her and she would definitely look beautiful however, Mark just couldn’t sit still about it. He knew that Nayeon would look beautiful no matter what she’s wearing. The dress could be torn and shredded; he would still find her beautiful.

But he also knew that, Nayeon would want everything perfect on their special day. Including herself. (Even though she has absolutely no idea what’s going on.)

After a few days of contemplating, Mark found the perfect solution.

He just had to make sure that his girlfriend doesn’t gain any weight until their wedding day! Maybe lose a little just to be safe?

Not that he thought she’s fat but, girls would always go on a diet before their wedding, right?

However, to do that, he would have no choice but to tell her about it in a subtle way. Or maybe he should just officially tell her. So, on one particular night when they were both home for dinner, Mark decided to man up and talk to Nayeon about it.

Mark was the one who did the cooking that evening, with the help of online recipes and tutorial but it was enough to bring a surprised smile to his girlfriend’s face.

Boy, he was really proud of himself at that point of time.

The dinner went on smoothly; Nayeon obviously was really happy that night and they chatted throughout the meal. From talking about Jinyoung and Jeongyeon’s upcoming wedding to Nayeon complaining about her workload; the topic just kept changing until Mark decided to bring up the main topic of the night.

“Hey Nayeon,” Mark stopped eating and put his chopsticks down. “Do you think you will be able to maintain this weight? Or maybe lose some?”

“Wait what?” Nayeon blinked then frowned a little. “Do you think I’m fat now?”

“You’re beautiful.” Mark immediately replied with an assuring smile. “I just thought that you would want to look perfect on our wedding day in September.”

Nayeon dropped the chopsticks she was holding on and stared at Mark.

“I have the dress ready too.”


An imaginary “SMACK!” brought everyone back to reality.

“And this is where Nayeon give Mark one tight slap before she walked out of the apartment to complain to Jeongyeon or maybe even Jinyoung too.” Yugyeom concluded with a firm nod as he took a sip from his cola.

Unsurprisingly, everyone except Youngjae nodded in agreement.

“To think I thought you will be sane enough.” Mark sighed and shook his head. “Also, you said this is a way that suits me, am I that rude?”

“Technically, you’re pretty dense which make you a little straightforward.” Jinyoung blurted out. “Not that I’m agreeing to the idea of course!”

“It really doesn’t sound tactful, Youngjae.” Jaebum frowned a little. “Forget a rejection, Nayeon might even break up with him.”

“Well, I just thought it’s something what Mark will do.” Youngjae shrugged with a sheepish grin.

“So in your eyes, I’m not tactful at all?”

“You’re never known for one.”


` just two more parts to go and this is complete! i have the next chapter for Inhumane done too. writing another new chapter. i still want to hear your thoughts on this story, people. how's the humour attempt?

- ddeokbxkki -