Solution Three by Jackson Wang

How To Propose 101

Solution Three by Jackson Wang

That day at work, Nayeon had been receiving random flowers every hour. The weird thing was, it’s not a bouquet but a stalk of flower each time.

And Mark wasn’t the stingy kind. Sure, he wasn’t the flowers type of boyfriend either but when he did buy her flowers (which was only two times), he wasn’t this stingy.


“Oh this sounds like there’s potential to it.”

“Change it to bouquets. I’m not that stingy.”

“Fine.”


The first stalk of flower magically turned into a bouquet of Amaryllis, which symbolized splendid beauty—

“You googled that”

“Youngjae, shut up and let me continue.”


Bewildered, Nayeon accepted the bouquet from the deliveryman. Many of her female colleagues gave her an envious look before they looked away. Nayeon let out a sheepish smile as she walked back to her table. There, she found the little letter in the bouquet.

“Hey babe, do you know what these flowers mean? Amaryllis are symbols of splendid beauty and I want to let you know that, if beauty were time, you’d be eternity.”

Nayeon blinked and put down the bouquet. What kind of bet did her boyfriend make with his friends this time?

She had thought that it would be the last time. However, in another hour, another bouquet of flowers was delivered to her. Yes, by the same deliveryman.

This time, they were white daisies and like the one before, there was a note attached to it.

“Daisies, they convey loyal love and ‘I will never tell’. Indeed, I’ve never told anyone these. But, if I had a star for everytime you brightened my day, I would have a galaxy now.”

“What—“ Nayeon muttered under her breath before she looked up. Her colleagues all quickly turned back to whatever they were pretending to be working on.

Something’s weird is going on.

The rest of her day was the same. Every hour, she’s been receiving different bouquets of flowers. And each time, they come with cringey lines, which were obviously googled.

Pink roses – I thought diamonds were the prettiest things in the world. Until I saw you and I’m really grateful to the universe that I did.

Gardenia – You’re so cute and lovely, you made me forget what I was supposed to write here.

Purple Lilacs – I know I’m not your first love but I know you’re mine. Let me be your last love, yeah?”

Tulip – I wrote your name in the sky but the clouds blue it away. I wrote your name in the sand but the waves wash it away. I wrote your name in my heart and forever it will stay.

And lastly, the red roses arrived.

“Tell your boyfriend to send flowers in one go.” The deliveryman stated with a long sigh. “I’ve been going back to the florist and then to this place for the whole day. Forgive him if he made you mad, alright?”

Nayeon gave him a nervous chuckle and gave him a polite bow as the man walked out from the office again.

“I’m sure you know what roses mean. They are the love and longing I have for you. There are eleven roses here, have a look in the mirror and you will be the twelfth. I love you, I will see you at the place we first met.”

“Where is it?” Jackson turned to face his best friend.

“I can’t remember.” Mark leaned back against his seat again. “And I’m not doing that. Do you know how much that would cost? I thought it would just be one or at most two bouquets.”

“That’s why I said a stalk at first!”

“And it’s so out of character for him. Mark and pick up lines?” Bambam shivered slightly at the thought.

“Nayeon would be laughing for the whole day at work.”


` the scenarios get more and more ridiculous as i write. but i had a lot of fun writing, especially the next one. but i cringed a lot too. i'm very curious about all your reactions while you read. share your thoughts with me? votes and comments are very welcome!

- ddeokbxkki -