Solution One by Im Jaebum

How To Propose 101

“Let’s keep to the tradition.”

The night was beautiful; Mark had everything prepared for that special night. Wearing his suit, he drove his black car that he got it polished the day before and waited for Nayeon under her apartment.

“Hey beautiful.” Mark smiled and held out his hand for his girlfriend who took it hesitantly. The look on Nayeon’s face was unreadable while Mark leads her into the car.

“You’re acting weird today.” She gave him a look before she got into the car which Mark then closed the door on them.

“What are you talking about?” Mark turned to look at his girlfriend with a sleazy smile that made Nayeon shivered slightly. “I’ve always been like this.”

Throughout the car ride, Mark held onto Nayeon’s hand with his free hand and occasionally glanced at her; the disgusting sleazy smile still plastered on his face. When they reached the place, whatever thoughts Nayeon had earlier disappeared for a moment.

It was a very beautiful restaurant Mark had brought her to. Soft music was playing in the background and the lights decorating the place gave it a very warm and romantic atmosphere. There were rose petals scattered on the floor of the empty restaurant.

“Did you book the whole restaurant?” Nayeon turned to look at his boyfriend who was acting weirdly.

“Did I?” Mark shrugged with a small playful smile, which finally doesn’t look as disgusting as before.

The waiter walked up to the both of them and bowed slightly who then led the couple to a table by the window. The restaurant was on the highest floor of the building—

“Does this restaurant even exist in our country?”

“Shut up.”

The restaurant was on the highest floor of the building, which the couple have the best view of the night scenery. Without even taking any order, the waiter started serving the appetizers. Nayeon was in utter silent, taken aback at the whole situation.

She shifted her gaze up to meet Mark’s who had his eyes only on her.

“Eat.”

Nayeon gave her boyfriend another weird look before she took a small bite from the salad. The rest of the night was smooth; everything was smooth and perfect. The main course was served soon after without any order from Mark. After the main course, desserts were served shortly after.

However, there was something special on the slice of cake and when Nayeon saw it, her eyes widened then shifted her gaze up at her boyfriend. Without saying anything, Mark took the ring from the top of the slice and got onto a knee in front of her.

“Nayeon, you’re the most beautiful girl in this world. You can call me greedy or selfish but I want you all by myself. I want to protect you; I want to wake up to you every morning. I want to tell the whole world that you’re mine. So would you allow me to put a stamp on you, which is this ring and marry me?”


“NO NO NO!” Mark and Bambam cut off Jaebum’s scenario with loud exclaims.

“That’s not him at all!” Bambam shook his head furiously. “I can imagine Nayeon giving him a tight slap and walking away.”

“It’s too disgusting, Jaebum.” Jinyoung grimaced, the image Jaebum planted into their minds still playing in his own. “I don’t even know how to defend you this time.”

“Well, if you guys are so good, give some suggestion! Especially you, Jinyoung. You’re experienced.”

That earned a few snorts from Yugyeom.

“He almost got rejected too.”

“Shut up!” Jinyoung threw the younger boy a glare. “I learn from experience! Let me try.”


` this will be completed within this week, promise! all short drabbles and since this is my first humour attempt, i really want to hear all your thoughts and if any part made you smile/laugh. i just want this to be fun!

- ddeokbxkki - 

p.s. remember to follow me on instagram! http://instagram.com/ddeokbxkki