Sick

Triptych

There was a horrible noise from the wall closest to Niel. His eyes flickered open as it sounded again. The bedroom was dark, it must have been the early hours of the morning.

He sat up. Chanhee was fast asleep but the blankets on Minsu’s side trailed to the floor where he had clearly pulled out of them quickly.

Niel padded into the bathroom, eyes adjusting to the light.

Minsu was leaning against the wall by the toilet, looking pale and clammy. His eyes were closed and he was breathing with effort.

Niel took down a washcloth, wetting it and coming to kneel before Minsu. He carded his fingers through the thick, black hair slowly.

“Are you OK?” He asked, trying to keep quiet.

Minsu took the cloth and wiped his face. His head rested against the wall behind him and he shook his head.

“Uh-uh.”

Niel pressed his wrist to Minsu’s forehead. He wasn’t hot, but he definitely didn’t look OK. He grabbed another cloth, dampened it and pressed it to the back of Minsu’s neck.

“Where did you go?” Chanhee’s voice was sleepy and sad. He shuffled in, squinting against the light. “I woke up and you were gone.”

“Sorry,” Minsu’s voice was husky. “I didn’t mean to wake you.”

Niel shook his head, his mouth flattening with exasperation. “Don’t be silly. When you’re sick you’re supposed to wake us,” he scolded lightly. He moved the washcloth to Minsu’s forehead.

With movements faster than Niel would have expected at that hour of the night, Minsu pushed his hands away and doubled over the toilet once more. He made a horrendous noise and coughed long after. Niel rubbed circles over his back, trading a sympathetic look with Chanhee. The toilet flushed. Minsu groaned and sat back once more.

“Are you OK?” Chanhee asked, staying near the door but hovering as though he wanted to be strong enough to come inside.

“I don’t think so.” Minsu leaned into Niel’s chest. “I’m sorry. Go back to bed. I’ll be fine.”

Niel patted his hair. Minsu always got like this when he was sick. Adamant that he was fine, he definitely didn’t need someone doting over him, and he definitely didn’t need a doctor. It appeared he was too weak to reject the cuddles, but not weak enough to give up his usual antics.

“I’ll get you some soda,” Chanhee mumbled and disappeared.

“I’ll be OK,” Minsu protested weakly.

Niel shushed him, kissing his hair lightly. Chanhee returned with a small glass of soda, passing it to Niel. He nudged at Minsu until he sat up and sipped at it.

“Should help settle your stomach.” Chanhee leaned against the door, his eyes drifting closed.

“Thank you. Seriously, go back to bed. I’m fine.” Minsu sounded exhausted.

Niel stared at his face for a long moment. Minsu pulled faces at him as he tried to get Niel to stop.

“I see what you’re doing,” Niel told him. “Come and get us if you need anything.”

“I’m going to sleep on the couch.” Minsu began to stand, it took a while. “I don’t want to keep you up.”

Niel rolled his eyes. He glared at Minsu and sighed. He knew when Minsu was unmovable, and he had that look about him now.

With a kiss to Chanhee’s cheek, he sent him back to bed and watched as Minsu brushed his teeth. When that was done he got him settled on the couch, bringing him a blanket and the bin. He pressed a kiss to Minsu’s forehead and pretended not to hear his grumbles about being perfectly fine.

“Love you,” Niel whispered. “Wake me if you need anything.”

“Love you too.” Minsu’s eyes shuttered closed. Niel watched him a moment longer and then slipped back into the bedroom, leaving the door ajar.

=====

Sleep was light and fitful for Niel, his ears still alert for any odd noises in the night. The slam of the bathroom door was more than enough to wake him again.

He stood on the outside of the bathroom listening to Minsu retch. When it quietened once more he knocked and stepped through.

It was a sorry sight. Minsu was still slumped with his head in the bowl, gasping for breath. Niel grimaced and bobbed down to rub Minsu’s back and pull his hair from his face.

“Sorry.” He spat and leaned back.

Niel gave a huff of laughter and found the washcloth once more.

“Shh.” Niel his arm and held his hand. “Did you sleep much?”

“A few hours.” Minsu covered his face with his other hand.

“I think you’re staying home today,” Niel told him, taking his temperature again. Still no change really. Just sweaty and pale. “You want me to stay home with you?”

“No. You have Critical Studies today.”

Niel’s nose wrinkled. He hated that class.

“You need to go, if you miss one you won’t go back.” Minsu chuckled. His head came down onto Niel’s shoulder.

“You’ll be OK on your own?”

“I’ll watch movies, draw and hurl my guts up.” Minsu tried to joke but there was so much exhaustion in his voice it only made Niel’s stomach tighten with anxiety.

Chanhee appeared, his face full of concern as he stood at the door.

“Again?” He asked, not crossing the threshold.

Niel nodded.

“You want me to stay home with you?” Chanhee asked. It was a monumental offer. He was in rehearsals all week for his newest role and he absolutely hated the smell of vomit. Niel was amazed he could stand at the door.

“You have rehearsal,” Minsu looked up with sympathy. “And I know you can’t stand this. It’s OK. I’m fine. I’m just a little sick.”

“Are you sure?” Chanhee put on a brave face.

“Yes. Now let me vomit in peace.” Minsu groaned and turned from them.

Chanhee fled. Niel only frowned harder.

=====

Chanhee planted a swift kiss on the top of Minsu’s head and one on Niel’s mouth before he left for rehearsal. Niel brought Minsu his sketchbook and pencil case, the Playstation controller and the TV remote before he kissed his head and got ready for uni. By the time he was showered and dressed Minsu had fallen asleep on the couch. He smiled and slipped out as quietly as he could.

Critical Studies usually dragged, but with his worry over Minsu Niel felt as though it were glacial. He checked his phone constantly, waiting for an update from Minsu but getting none. He knew the people in the seats behind him were probably astounded by how often he clicked the screen on and off. After the three hours he was finally free, racing through the halls only to be way-laid by Kiyoung wanting to get advice for an assignment. It wasn’t until he could get a word in edgewise that Kiyoung finally released him.

He called Minsu but he didn’t answer. He almost never did.

When he pushed into the apartment, Minsu was still on the couch. Niel came to sit by his hips, eyes searching every inch of Minsu.  He was visibly pale and tired.

“Hey,” Minsu took his hand and linked their fingers. “How was class?”

“ty. How are you?”

“I’m ty too,” Minsu grinned as though he had made the best joke in the world.

Niel rolled his eyes but smiled. What would he do with this man?

“Have you eaten at all today?” Niel asked, searching the floor for a plate.

Minsu shook his head.

“I’ll make you some toast and soda. Stay.”

Niel gnawed at his lip. He hated it when they got sick. He hated being sick himself, it made him doubly sympathetic for the others. As the toast cooked he sent Chanhee a request for more soda and dry crackers to be brought home after rehearsal.

He settled himself under Minsu’s feet as he munched his toast. When he seemed sure it was going to stay down he slumped down into the cushions and let Niel choose a movie. Within minutes he was asleep again. He woke as Chanhee came home, watching them from the couch as they organised their dinner and discussed their days.

Niel reclaimed his spot and Chanhee sat in front of the couch to eat. Minsu’s fingers lacing into his hair and his eyes shuttering closed. He was still drifting when Chanhee and Niel snuck to bed. Niel left the door open, his face pulled with concern. Chanhee coaxed him into bed, cuddling him tight and kissing him.

“He’ll be OK.” Chanhee sighed and settled in to sleep. “He’ll be OK.”

Niel nodded. It took him a long time to get to sleep.

He was woken almost instantly by the bathroom door once more. He checked the couch to find Minsu gone. Slowly, the last 24 hours heavy in his bones, Niel pulled himself up and moved to the bathroom again.

“Minsu?” He called.

“Don’t come in.” The voice was adamant.

“You OK?”

“I’m fine. Go back to bed.”

Niel hesitated, hopping from foot to foot as he considered going in anyway.

“Scream if you need me.” He settled for waiting another moment and returning to the bedroom.

Chanhee was sitting up, eyes expectant. Niel shook his head and climbed back onto the mattress with him.

“Stubborn ,” Niel grumbled.

=====

Minsu was curled up on the couch in the foetal position when they woke the next morning. Niel had an early class, no time to spare to try and cajole Minsu into going to the doctor. Chanhee tried, sitting in the U Minsu’s body made and his back. He was mumbling soft words but each one was met with a shake of Minsu’s head and an insistence that it was just a stomach bug, he was fine.

Niel kissed them both goodbye and left. There was nothing more he could do until he got home.

Minsu had hardly moved when Niel returned. He checked the dishes in the sink to find that Minsu hadn’t eaten again. With a short sigh he sat on the couch beside Minsu.

“Minsu, you need to go to the doctor,” Niel told him, brushing his hands through his hair.

“No. I’m fine. I hate the doctor.” Minsu argued. He dragged himself out of Niel’s reach. His eyes were bleary and he seemed to sway a little as he sat upright.

“At least eat something,” Niel said tiredly.

“Just leave me alone!” Minsu yelled.

Niel felt it like a physical blow. He blinked and sat back with a shock.

“I’m sorry,” Minsu mumbled. “I’m just tired. I just want to sleep.”

“OK.” Niel stood, biting down on his tongue. “OK. I’ll leave you alone. Call me if you need me.”

With robotic movements, Niel walked to the kitchen. He made himself a cup of tea and took it to the bedroom. Trying not to let the hurt show on his face, he closed the door between them. He scowled at his notes in silence until Chanhee returned.

“Hey darling, how are you feeling?” Chanhee’s voice called to Minsu.

Niel stayed in the bedroom, listening to them.

“I’m fine. Tired,” Minsu lied.

“Still?” Chanhee’s voice was closer. “Where’s Nielie? Is he home?”

“He’s in the bedroom,” Minsu mumbled.

Niel felt a little vindicated by how guilty Minsu’s voice was. The door to the bedroom opened. Chanhee’s face was confused as it poked into the room.

“Hey darling,” he called softly. “You OK?”

“Hey.” Niel plastered a smile on. “Yup. Just studying. How was rehearsal?”

“I danced, I sang, I came home again.” Chanhee shrugged, eyes moving from Minsu on the couch to Niel on the bed. “What happened?”

“Nothing.” Niel held his arms out for a hug. Chanhee slipped into them easily. “He’s being a grumpy poo because I don’t want him to die of amoebic dysentery.” Niel said loud enough for Minsu to hear.

There was a huff from the couch.

Chanhee couldn’t hold back his giggle. He kissed Niel’s cheek and released him.

“You two work it out, I’m going for a shower.” He stood, kissing Minsu’s head as he went by.

There was a long silence. The sound of the shower starting could be heard through the whole apartment.

“Niel!” Minsu called, louder than necessary.

“What?” Niel yelled back.

“I’m sorry I’m a poo,” Minsu said, looking cowed.

Niel sighed. He tossed down the notes he wasn’t reading anyway and moved back to the couch.

“You are a poo. I’m just trying to take care of you.” Niel frowned at Minsu.

“I am a poo. And I cannot do anything but poo.” Minsu laughed a little. “ poo.”

Niel giggled, slapping Minsu’s arm as he made him cave. “You,” Niel grumbled, curling up into Minsu’s arms.

“Sorry, baby,” Minsu kissed his temple.

“I forgive you.” Niel sighed. “But you really should eat. I know you aren’t eating.”

“Fine.” Minsu didn’t release him.

Chanhee smiled brightly as he emerged from the bathroom to find them like that.

=====

It took them another two days of Minsu being too sick to move from the couch to convince him to see the doctor. They didn’t give him a choice in the end, booking the appointment and Niel staying home from university to take him. Minsu was still trying to argue as Niel got them ready to go.

“You’ll miss class,” Minsu’s voice was weak.

“I don’t care. Doctors, now.” Niel’s anxiety was through the roof. He hadn’t seen Minsu this sick, ever. He was sure he had lost weight in the last five days and wasn’t eating nearly enough food.

“OK.” Minsu gave up. His body shook as he stood and shambled to the door. Niel chewed his lip.

=====

They sat together in the doctors office, Minsu answering the questions as the doctor stared at his computer screen. Niel could tell they weren’t really listening. He took Minsu’s blood pressure and temperature, noted it down, and turned back to his computer again. Niel wanted to rip the monitor from the desk and demand he at least make eye contact. He instead sat silently beside Minsu, still nibbling his lip.

“M’kay, Mr Bang, we’re going to get some blood taken so we can test it. I need a urine sample. And I can give you these antibiotics. When the tests come back we can put you onto some other ones if these aren’t strong enough. But we’ll start there, m’kay?” He typed rapidly not waiting for an answer.

With the most strained smile Niel had seen, the doctor passed over the two sheets of paper and gestured them out of his office. Niel’s eyes narrowed but he followed Minsu out without making a scene.

The medical centre had their own pathology lab attached. Niel led the way, following signs until they stepped into a small, quiet waiting room. It was empty of nurses and patients. With a look around he pressed the buzzer and held Minsu’s hand.

A nurse appeared through a door to the left. Her face wore a question and her scrubs were pale pink.

“Hello, can I help?” She was much sweeter than she looked.

“Yes, uh, we need a blood test done?” Niel said.

“OK, show me your paperwork.” She took the order and read it quickly. “Alright, Minsu?” She looked at Niel. He gestured at the obviously very sick person beside him. She smacked her forehead and smiled. “Come on in, Minsu. You’re looking a little under the weather, dear.”

Minsu grunted in reply following the nurse.

“Can I come too?” Niel asked, waiting along would drive him crazy.

“Sure, come on.” She waved them all in and down to a small room. A pathology chair was in the space between the bench and the exam bed.

Minsu hopped into the chair and answered his date of birth and full name. Niel stood in the corner. There wasn’t enough room to be by Minsu and he tried to stay out of the way. Minsu smiled tiredly at him. Niel smiled back. The nurse fiddled at his arm, frowning and tapping through his elbow for a while. She moved to the other side.

“Can’t find a good one there, dear,” she told Minsu cheerfully. “We’ll have to try the other arm.”

“Sorry,” Minsu mumbled. Niel rolled his eyes and the nurse laughed.

“Here we are,” she said.

Niel looked away as she got started. He heard the vials clunk into the kidney dish but kept his eyes fixed on the photograph of a waterfall on the wall.

“Minsu?” The nurse said loudly.

Niel’s head snapped back around.

“Minsu?” She called again. “Can you hear me Minsu?” She looked at Niel. “I need your help. Can you lift his legs?” She hooked an arm under Minsu’s knee and tried to pull it up.

Niel panicked, he surged forward and helped lift Minsu’s legs. They were dead weight in his arms, heavy and awkward.

“He’s just fainted, dear. He might shake as he comes around. That’s normal.” Her tone was calm. “Minsu?” She called again.

Niel felt his heart might crash through his chest cavity as he watched Minsu’s head loll against the wall.

“Minsu?”

“Yes?”

Niel had never been happier to hear his voice.

“You’ve fainted, Minsu. Just relax there for me.” She watched his face closely. “You alright?”

“Tired.” Minsu mumbled. His head lolled back again.

“Just don’t sleep yet, dear,” the nurse said. “Just come over to this bed for me.”

She cleared the exam table crammed into the corner and guided Minsu to it. He fell back with a thud, his eyes shuttering closed again.

“Minsu?” She called. No reply. With a sigh she stuffed a pillow beneath his ankles and pulled her phone out. “Can you let Mr Bang Minsu’s doctor know we’ve just had a fainting spell as I’ve tried to take the last vial of blood? Thank you. Thank you.” She hung up.

Niel stood, his face drawn tight as he watched.

“He’s alright, love.” The nurse smiled. “He’s just fainted. Does he usually have an issue with needles?”

“No. No.” Niel shook his head. “He’s been sick.”

She nodded and turned back to Minsu.

Niel felt he might throw up.

“Minsu?” She called.

“Yes?” His voice was gravelly. Niel clapped a hand over his gasp.

“You fainted, Minsu. You’re alright. Your friend is right here, OK?” She beckoned Niel over.

Niel stepped up and took Minsu’s hand.

“I’m just getting the doctor over. We might pop you in to hospital just to make sure everything is OK.”

Minsu nodded and sighed. Niel stood stock still as the nurse put a proper patch over the needle site and began to fill out paper work.

“You OK?” Niel whispered, leaning close to Minsu.

“Tired,” Minsu replied, keeping his eyes closed.

“You’ve officially lost all rights to argue about going to the doctor.” Niel told him firmly.

The nurse gave a small chuckle but didn’t comment.

He kissed the tip of Minsu’s nose and leaned away again.

The door opened and the doctor appeared, looking far more interested now that Minsu was half-dead on the table. Niel put his most polite smile on and retreated to the corner.

The doctor began taking his blood pressure and pulse. The nurse explaining what had happened and how much blood she had managed to get before he fainted. Niel watched in silence.

Two paramedics, a tall young man and a freckled woman, arrived not long after. Within minutes they had him hooked up to a machine and an I.V in his arm with fluids. They chatted to Minsu, doing more than the doctor had in the five minutes they had seen him.

Niel slipped out into the hall dialling Chanhee and waiting for him to pick up. It took three tries before the call connected and Chanhee answered breathlessly.

“Nielie?”

“Hey, Minsu is being taken to hospital. He’s fainted after having blood taken—”

“What!?” Chanhee’s voice soared, making Niel pull the phone from his ear.

“He’s OK. He’s conscious and there are paramedics here. The doctor just thinks it’s best if he goes to hospital to be sure.”  Niel tried to keep himself as the calm aspect in the conversation. He couldn’t let Chanhee spiral into anxiety.

“Oh God. Which hospital? I’ll meet you there?” Chanhee said rapidly.

“I don’t know yet,” Niel said. “I’ll text you as soon as I know.”

“Can I talk to him?”

“Let me see,” Niel poked his head into the room. The tall paramedic looked at him with a smile. “Can he talk on the phone?”

“Sure.” The man waved Niel in.

“Here.” Niel mumbled to Minsu. “It’s Chanhee.”

“Mm.” Minsu held the phone to his ear. “I’m OK… Yes, dear… Yes… I know. I’m sorry… I’m OK… Me too… Mm… I’m OK. It’s OK… OK.” Minsu looked at Niel with a smile. “OK… I love you too… Yes… OK. Love you.”

He passed the phone back, bringing the hand up to cover his misty eyes as he waited for the paramedics and doctor to stop talking.

“Are you OK?” Niel asked Chanhee.

“No I’m leaving rehearsal now. Tell me as soon as you know where they’re taking him.”

“I will.” Niel shifted back out of the room. “Love you. Everything thing is OK. We’re all OK.”

“Love you too,” Chanhee sniffed. “I need to find the director.”

“OK. Love you. See you soon.” Niel hung up and returned to the room once more. He slipped past the female paramedic and stopped by Minsu’s head. “Did he yell at you?” Niel asked softly, wiping Minsu’s eyes for him.

“Yes and no.” Minsu took his hand.

“You OK?” Niel asked, leaning over him and pretending they were alone in the room.

“Yeah.” Minsu gave him a wet smile. “Just overwhelming.”

Niel placed another kiss on the tip of Minsu’s nose, he caught the female paramedic watching and blushed. She looked away, an indulgent expression on her face. When Niel stepped back she spoke.
 
“Alright, you wanna walk or you want a wheel to the ambulance?” The female paramedic asked with a smile.

“Walk.” Minsu sat up slowly.

Niel made a loud click with his tongue but stayed silent.

“Are you coming along too?” The woman asked him, still smiling. She unhooked the IV and pulled it out of Minsu’s arm swiftly.

“Yes, please.” Niel nodded. He fished his phone from his pocket and trailed last as they walked to the ambulance. He sent a quick text to Chanhee and climbed into the assigned seat in the ambulance, it was at the head of the bed in the back. He watched as Minsu was strapped to the bed, the IV reinserted and fluids strapped to the wall above him.

“Here we go,” the lady paramedic sat in a fold out seat by Minsu and began filling in paperwork. “Just wanted a bit of attention, huh?” She teased Minsu as she checked his vitals on the machine. “Thought you’d put on a little turn to get some sympathy?”

“How did you know?” Minsu replied, he glanced at Niel with a grin.

“You look the type.” She looked at them both again with a smile.

“Please,” Niel scoffed. “How many days did we tell you to go to the doctor?”

“Ah, ha, the truth comes out.” She laughed.

“I’m sorry,” Minsu mumbled, closing his eyes once more.

“Don’t worry about a thing,” she patted his arm and returned to her paperwork.

=====

Niel stood in the waiting room, watching people go by as he waited for Chanhee. He saw him first, his eyes red rimmed and hair gone a little wild. Niel raised his arm and waved. Chanhee made a beeline for him, almost crushing the air from his lungs as they embraced.

“Hey,” Niel his back and gave him a kiss to the part of his head he could reach. “Hey, it’s OK. He’s just fine. He’s joking and being dumb.” Niel held Chanhee tightly, feeling two damp patches on his shirt where Chanhee’s face was pressed. “It’s OK. He’s OK. Shh. He was just dehydrated. Come and see him.”

Chanhee pulled away slowly, trying to clear his tears from his eyes. Niel kissed his lips softly.

“I’ve been scolding him, but I’m all out. It’s definitely your turn to take a shift.” Niel told him, wrapping his arm over Chanhee’s shoulder.

He received a wet laugh in return.

Minsu had been placed in an area just off the emergency room reception. There were several low, padded chairs and hooks in the walls for fluid bags. A TV played crappy infomercials and news on the wall.

Minsu’s eyes lit up as Chanhee entered. He was the brightest he had been in days. Niel examined his colour, feeling as though he actually had some now.

“Hey!” Minsu cried to Chanhee.

“Don’t you ‘hey’ me!” Chanhee crossed to room and thumped down beside Minsu. “You are in big trouble.” He cupped Minsu’s face, turning it this way and that as he examined him.

“I know,” Minsu said.

“I told you to go to the doctor.” Chanhee continued, now Minsu’s hair into place. “You never listen. When you’re sick, you do as you’re told.”

“Mm.” Minsu smiled, rubbing his hand on Chanhee’s knee.

Chanhee swiped at his own tears once more and set his head on Minsu’s shoulder. Niel smiled from beside the door.

“No more hospitals.” Chanhee mumbled. “The parking is too expensive.”

“I agree,” Minsu replied. He looked up at Niel. “Come here.”

“There’s no room.” Niel waved him down. He was happy to let Chanhee calm down as he held Minsu’s arm for dear life.

Minsu patted his lap, eyes pleading.

Niel shook his head. Carefully, avoiding the IV, he lowered himself into Minsu’s lap. Chanhee put an arm over his hips and they all sighed.

“How was rehearsal?” Minsu asked, his head resting on Niel’s.

“It was good.” Chanhee’s voice was small. “We finally nailed the opening dance routine.”

“That’s good.” Niel Chanhee’s hair slowly. “Were they good about you leaving?”

“Yeah. I think I had that look on my face.”

Niel and Minsu nodded emphatically. Chanhee laughed a little.

“Oh!” A nurse was halfway through the door, slightly taken aback at the scene. “Excuse me,” he said as he came all the way in.

Niel tried to rise but Chanhee held him down.

“Don’t get up, hun. I’m just checking his progress.” The nurse examined Minsu’s fluids bag. “Still got about an hour, I’d reckon. I’ll come back and take vitals in about ten, that OK with everyone?”

“Thank you.” Chanhee didn’t move from Minsu’s shoulder.

=====

They waited around for Minsu to be cleared to leave. Eventually more patients came in and Niel volunteered to go and get some food while Chanhee sat in the small space with Minsu. By the time Niel returned, Minsu was being let go, Chanhee holding tight to his hand.

Minsu was set on the couch when they got home. He tried to protest only once but shrunk beneath the firm glares of the other two. Niel sat on him, keeping him in place as Chanhee grabbed something to eat with.

“Stop.” Niel told him sternly. “Stop it. You’ve been sick for a week, you scared the out of us today so just shut up and let us love you.”

Minsu’s arms squeezed Niel tight, his face pressing into his back.

Chanhee arrived, setting everything on the floor in front of them and snuggling into Minsu’s side again.

“I’m sorry,” Minsu mumbled. Niel felt a small twitch of a sob run through the body beneath him.

“What’s wrong?” Niel asked, voice soft now.

“It’s nothing,” Minsu emerged from his shirt, eyes damp. Chanhee sat up, waiting expectantly. “You two just take such good care of me. And I know I was stupid. I just didn’t want to be a bother.” Minsu let out all at once.

“Oh, darling,” Chanhee hugged him tight, squeezing Niel as well. “You aren’t a bother. It’s OK to be sick and need help.”

“And we all ended up at the hospital because of me.” Minsu took a deep breath.

Niel hugged Minsu into his chest. He couldn’t help but laugh a little.

“It’s OK. We’re all OK.” Niel looked over to find Chanhee crying as well. “We love you. Even when you’re stubborn.” He laughed again. “Stop it, you two.”

He kissed Minsu right on the lips, something he hadn’t been able to do all week.

“Love you, dummy,” Niel mumbled. “No more being sick. And no more trying to be strong.”

“Love you too.” Minsu sniffed and shook his head. He kissed Chanhee for a long moment.

“Love you too.” Chanhee sighed with relief.

 

 

=========

 

A/N: So I did all my bookwork today (that I have been avoiding since june) and it made me want to cry so have this adorable story!

Also this is based on a real true thing that happened. A housemate of mine was sick all week and I checked on her one morning before going to uni (I had a mandatory class that I could only miss two of them) and asked if she wanted me to take her to the doctor appointment. She was like "I don't know" and I thought "that's not a good sign." Took her to the doctor, went straight to get blood taken and she fainted in the chair because she was so dehydrated. I had to help the nurse as she was on her own (I had some medical training by then and work as a natural therapist now so it was actually kinda cool but still not.) And then we went to hospital!

This is a bit dramatorious so maybe I'll do another sick one later. I dont know. I do what I want ^.^

 

p.s i'm not even sorry about the poo joke. I laughed for so long at it because I'm a five year old. and so is my wife