Two truths, one lie.

Love is mental.

Amber came from Krystal’s neck to her lips again, savouring the younger girl in the process. Krystal’s head was white, she couldn’t think of anything else but the pleasure Amber’s giving her. Amber let go of the shorter girl’s arms and cupped the latter’s s covered by only the towel, unknowingly Krystal’s hands traveled all the way to Amber’s hair, pulling and ruffling. Krystal then pulled out of the kiss and took Amber’s shirt off while making an intense eye contact with her, Amber knew what that look says. The older girl’s tattoos caught Krystal’s attention; she even thinks they look hot.

“Now, do you like what you see?” Amber teased. The teasing made Krystal bite her lip in anticipation as she waited for the tomboy to finally untie the towel.

Amber put her hands on the towel’s knot and slowly and carefully untied it, revealing Krystal’s body, then, Amber stopped.

“What? What’s wrong?” Krystal asked, she was getting impatient.

“Besides this?” Amber said pointing to the girl’s body. The younger’s body was filled with nasty scars, from cigarette’s burns to full stabs. Amber roamed the girl’s body with her gaze and couldn’t help it but to feel ashamed and disgusted with herself.

“You think I’m hideous” Krystal said in a small voice while covering her body from the taller girl’s judging gaze.

“No, of course not… it’s just… who did this to you?” Amber asked while sitting next to Krystal.

“You’ve never been in a mental hospital and it shows” Krystal sarcastically said.

“But why didn’t you report it? It’s illegal to hurt patients like this” Amber said, she tried to approach Krystal but the latter moved away and stood up to get dressed.

“Who do you think they’ll believe? A completely mental girl or a professional doctor?” Krystal said, her tone had a tint of bitterness in it.

Amber thought of how she was being careless, neglecting the other girl’s feelings, if she had some, was wrong.

“I’m sorry, Krystal, I didn’t want to make you uncomfortable” The older girl said, looking straight at Krystal who was ignoring her.

“Well, you did” She replied and disappeared in the bathroom.

“Good job, ing idiot” Amber said to herself while dropping her body on the bed and putting her hands on her head. She didn’t realize how quickly this escalated, she was peacefully looking for some clothes and then boom, she was on top of Krystal. The worst part is that she completely ruined the mood by being what she thought was ‘considerate’.

“I need to borrow your car” Krystal said while brushing her long dark brown hair.

“Where are you going?” Amber asked.

“I need to go back to the crack house” The younger girl replied while now applying some lip gloss.

“Give me five minutes and we’ll be hitting the road” Amber said and before she let Krystal disagree, she locked herself in the bathroom with the car keys inside. She took a speedy shower and they exited the hotel room.

“Why exactly do you want to go back to that house?” Amber asked while climbing on her black Camaro and Krystal followed.

“Because I left my shirt there” Krystal nonchalantly replied, shooting a cheeky smile to Amber and then looking out of the window.

“Don’t you have more shirts in your backpack?” Amber asked while she started driving.

“Yeah, I guess I do, but y’know, I’m really missing that one. It was pink, had flowers and just a little bit of blood, nothing special” Krystal jokingly said.

“Oh my God, did you really leave that on a crime scene? I thought you were professional” Amber backfired and Krystal didn’t like it in the minimum.

“Are you saying I’m some kind of serial killer?” The shorter girl turned to look at Amber who was enjoying the situation.

“I mean, I’m not saying you’re a serial killer but I guess what I’m trying to say is that you’re a regular killer” The tomboyish girl teased.

“Ha-ha, really funny, Amber Liu” Krystal replied.

“Wait, who told you my last name?” The short-haired girl asked, looking confused.

“I saw it on your I.D, from when I stole your wallet” The younger girl replied while looking at her nails.

Amber sighed and soon they reached the crack house. They carefully stepped out of the Camaro and walked towards the entrance of that wicked place. As they opened the door the first thing they noticed is that the smell was gone and the house looked a little bit cleaner than the first time they entered. They made her way to the last room and stopped midway when they saw there were no bodies anymore.

“What the ?” Krystal asked in disbelief.

“Tell me about it” Amber replied.

“Okay so, either we have a big zombie problem or the police has already been here” Krystal said entering the room and looking for the piece of clothing she forgot.

“I don’t think the police did this” Amber said following Krystal. “There’s no yellow tape” She continued her thought.

“Well, that leaves us with the big zombie problem” The ice looking girl joked, but no one was laughing. She couldn’t find her shirt so she decided to take a look around the whole house and when she was done, she confirmed it, there was no shirt.

“I see you found out what I did” A voice was heard down the corridor by the entrance, Amber and Krystal turned to see a blonde girl, she looked way older than them.

“And you are…” Krystal said, raising a brow at the lady.

“I’m Victoria, it is nice to finally meet you” The blonde girl said approaching Krystal and Amber stepped in front of her.

“Don’t worry, I’m not here to hurt her, I’m here to protect her” Victoria said, gently pushing Amber away.

“Yeah well, that’s my job now, thank you very much” Amber murmured.

“Wait… I’ve seen you before. You’re the lady who stood outside my window when I was in the hospital” Krystal said while squinting her eyes.

🍂

It was the first time Krystal was taken to the red room, Minho and Jonghyun escorted her twitching body to her room and as they entered Krystal took a glimpse of outside the window, seeing a tall blonde girl right outside. “Who…?” That was all she could articulate.

“What did you say?” Minho asked but Krystal didn’t reply.

🍂

“Yes, it was I” Victoria confirmed.

“Who sent you?” Krystal asked, by this point Amber was really confused and lost in the conversation.

“The Jungs, miss” The blonde girl responded.

“So, you cleaned this mess?” The younger girl asked while pointing to the house’s rooms.

“I did” Victoria shortly replied.

“And the shirt…” Krystal added.

“I burnt it” The oldest girl notified while nodding.

“Wow, you really do a great job” Krystal said and clapped. “But she’s right, miss Victoria, Amber is protecting me from now on, you are dismissed” Krystal said and grabbed Amber’s hand while she started walking out of the house.

“I can’t be dismissed” The taller girl said. “Your parents won’t let me leave your side” She added, turning to face the two girls that were walking away.

“Your parents?” Amber asked while pulling her hand out of Krystal’s grip.

“The Jungs” Victoria nodded to Amber who was already feeling betrayed.

“I don’t have any parents” Krystal kept on lying.

“I’m pretty sure you’re Soo-“

“No, I’m not, you’ve got the wrong girl” Krystal cut Victoria off and resumed her walking to the exit of the house with Amber still standing there, trying to differentiate the truth from the lies Krystal was telling. Victoria looked at Amber and tried to articulate something when the latter was called.

“Let’s go, Amber” The younger girl shouted from outside the house and the tomboyish girl walked towards the exit while taking a last glance to Victoria.

“Explain” Amber said while blocking Krystal from entering the car.

“I have nothing to say to you” The ice looking girl said while pushing Amber out of the way and entering the Camaro.

Amber couldn’t believe the way Krystal can be open about weird deep stuff but the second her parents or something else is involved she turns into the coldest girl on earth. How can Krystal expect Amber to trust her if she keeps keeping secrets like this?

“I’m not driving until you tell me what the you guys were talking about” Amber sternly said, crossing her arms.

“Fine, I’ll walk then” Krystal said and opened the door when Amber called her.

“Soojung” The name rolled off the tip of Amber’s tongue, sending shivers to Krystal.

“Pardon me?” Krystal acted confused but deep down she liked the way Amber pronounced her name with that broken Korean of hers.

“I called you Soojung, that’s your real name, isn’t it?” Amber asked the younger girl and she had no other option but to sit down again and to tell Amber what she wanted to hear.

“Yeah, whatever” Krystal mumbled.

“Are you going to tell me about yourself, Soojung?” Amber asked in the sweetest tone ever, Krystal found it reassuring, Amber had all the right to be mad but instead she chose to be understanding, a trait Krystal wasn’t used to find in other people.

“Fine” Krystal sighed. “I have a weird condition, I can’t feel any emotions, at all. I killed my first victim when I was 20 and then I was admitted in the hospital, by my parents… and I guess you already know the rest” She said.

“You didn’t tell me ” Amber sighed, she was being annoyed by how the girl took the chance Amber gave her to redeem herself and threw it down the stairs. “I don’t know why I even asked” Amber added.

“Well you asked for Soojung” Krystal complained.

“That’s not her” Amber insisted. “Why is it that I see a different past? Why am I seeing a vulnerable girl instead of a heartless killer?” She asked frenetically.

“Because you don’t know me, Am” Krystal sorrowfully replied. She was trying to convince Amber that she wasn’t vulnerable, that she wasn’t afraid of being on her own, otherwise Amber would think she has a big presence in Krystal’s life.

“Why can’t you just open to me? I’m not going to hurt you Soojung” Amber pleaded.

“Two truths and a lie” Krystal said.

“What?” Amber blinked in confusion.

“I’m gonna tell you two truths and a lie. First, I killed my parents. Second, I wanted to major in photography. Third… I’m scared of falling in love… with you” Krystal said, pronouncing the last sentence in a small voice.

“You’re scared of falling in love with me” Amber bluntly said making Krystal look at her in confusion.

“That’s your lie”

 

After a long, quiet ride to the hotel, Amber was still thinking of the lie Krystal told her. Why would she mention it? She said to herself while they were on the elevator. The day went by fast and before the girls even knew it, it was 11 pm. Amber zombie-walked her way to the bed and took off her sneakers.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Krystal asked Amber who just stayed there, blinking stupidly.

“About what?” She asked the younger girl who walked towards her and stood in front of her, crossing her arms.

“You’re sleeping on the floor” Krystal commanded while pointing with her index finger to the rough carpet.

“What? Why?” The short-haired girl whined.

“Don’t think I forgot the way you rejected me. To the floor, now” Krystal ordered.

“There’s no way. You can get away with telling lies and killing people and sleep on the bed? No-uh, I, among us, deserve the bed” Amber stated and crossed her arms, refusing to move.

“Oh, Am. If you don’t move your out of the bed, I swear I will stab you” The ice looking girl said while taking out her pocket knife from the backpack.

“Yo chill, there’s no need for that” The older girl said while dropping herself on the floor. “See? I’m obeying” She added.

“Serves you right, ”