Where's Krystal?

Love is mental.

Krystal rushed her way to the lobby, leaving a tied Amber behind in the room. She passed by the hotel’s main doors and proceeded to climb into the black Camaro. She had to sedate Amber because she didn’t want her to know that her parents are still alive and that in fact they live here in Korea, since she was admitted in the hospital the Jungs decided to move to Korea permanently for them to visit Soojung every week. She fastened her seat belt and adjusted the mirrors and the car seat to her comfort. It has been five years since she hasn’t driven a car or even touched one, but now there is no going back, she already stole it so she can’t be stopping just because she lost practice.

“Well Soojung, here we go” She told herself while looking at the rearview.

She stepped on the gas and incorporated to the line of cars on the street. She has no phone, no map, but a great memory, she is going to her sister’s house to pick up clothes and then she’s out of here. It’s 12 am and she couldn’t be more satisfied, by the time she arrives to the house her parents should be still sleeping, which means that there’s no danger on entering and exiting without being seen.

She parks the Camaro one block before the small house and makes sure to lock it, igniting the small ‘beep’ from the car’s alarm. She looked around and saw nobody nearby so she kept on approaching to the house. With patience she lockpicked the lock from the small wooden fence and made her way to the garage. She looked for a ladder and placed it right below her room’s window. Careful not to fall she graciously climbed the ladder and opened the window, gaining access to her old bedroom.

Everything was just as she left it, the small bed, her desk with her high school books on it, even her bathroom’s light was still on, it was like if her room was stuck in time, stuck in the night she killed that man, stuck in the night she saw her lifeless sister laying on the ground, all covered in blood.

She walks further to her closet and grabs a backpack to put in some clothes, books and a pocket knife that belonged to her father. She took a moment to sit on the bed and think about her decision, once she stepped foot on the airport there was no turning back, no regrets, no nothing. She sighed. Looking out of the window she could see the moon, it was a beautiful full moon, sparkling and illuminating the trees around the neighborhood. She started thinking about Amber, she was a bit cruel to undress her and tie her like that, but she had no option:

🍂

Amber was slowly falling to the bed when Soojung knew that the sedatives were making their way to her nervous system. She asked Amber if she was okay just to try to convince her that she had nothing to with it, Amber said she wasn’t feeling good and that, was the key word. She let Amber fall in her misery while she went to the kitchen to look for something to tie her up, she found rope. Before Amber passed out Soojung took off Amber’s shirt and started examining her looking for a knife or something dangerous, upon not finding anything she thought of just letting the girl pass out on the bed, but she then reasoned with herself and decided to tie her anyways. She climbed on Amber’s lap and said “Better safe than sorry” then she started tying her and at the end took off her jeans to confirm that she is harmless.

When Amber passed out Soojung stayed a few minutes admiring her, thinking of the way she helped her and how she payed back, by backstabbing her. She approached to the short haired girl and caressed her cheek “I’m sorry Am” She said and climbed down the bed, looked for paper and a pen and left her a letter before running away.

🍂

She sighed once again, remembering how she treated Amber was leaving her with a weird feeling, but what could it be? Regret? Guilt?

“I’m supposed to be emotionless” She whispered as she stood from the bed and approached the window.

She came down the ladder and bid her goodbye to the house that fostered her for almost 10 years, she knew she’s never going to be able to replace those memories, she’s never going to be able to forget the bitter moments she spent in there, but also she wasn’t willing to let go of the pleasant ones.

She got in the Camaro and ignited the engine, it was time, time to be freed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amber tip toed to her way to her room, she didn’t want her mom to know that she was already home. Yesterday she was supposed to visit her cousin Sulli and give her some choko pies, it turns out that she was lured into helping a girl and now ended up with no car and no money, how pathetic.

“Amber Josephine Liu” Her mom called her from her master bedroom.

, Amber thought.

“Hey mom, how you doing?” Amber asked, entering to her mom’s room she saw that not only her mom was fully awake and standing on the balcony but that her sister Jackie was also there.

“Hey booger” Jackie greeted her sister.

“Oh God, what are you doing here?” Amber said, she could feel her headache growing just by seeing the two women standing one beside another.

“I told mom” Jackie shortly said.

“Yes Amber Liu, she told me about your car and all” Her mom said approaching to her with a book on her hand. When she made it in front of Amber she slammed the book on her head.

“Ouch mom! What the hell?” Amber whined rubbing her head.

“I bought you that car!!! You don’t know how much it costed” Mrs. Liu said waving her arms in the air to emphasize.

“I will get it back” Amber said.

“Yeah, how exactly? You let your one-night stand run away with it” Jackie said looking at her nails.

“She was not my one-night stand” Amber said, these girls are really making her lose her patience.

“You are worse than a man, even a guy can tell when the girl is a total gold digger” Her mom said disappointed in how Amber’s foolishness costed her the Camaro.

“She also took my wallet… and tied me to a bed” Amber said hanging her head low and sitting on the bed.

“Are you really going to make this about you?? Eyesh, what a selfish brat” Her mom said walking out of the room.

“Jackie, what the ?” Amber asked her sister, she was fully annoyed now. She came in with a headache but now her head is about to explode.

“Look mom was worried okay? She texted me so I thought it was better for her to know the truth” The older sister replied to her helpless little sister.

“I need your help” Amber said looking straight into Jackie’s eyes.

“Is it really that serious?” Jackie asked, her eyes trying to decode her sister.

“I mean she took my Camaro… I think that’s enough” Amber said standing from the bed. She walked to the balcony and looked out to the city, once again Seoul managed to take something from her, first her father and now her car.

“We need to go to the police, I can drive you” Her sister said approaching her and rubbing her shoulders trying to relax her.

“Yeah that’s fine” Amber said and agreed to report the robbery.

The way to the police station was uncomfortably quiet, both of the sisters haven’t seen each other in 15 years and there was obviously not much to talk about while they were going to the police. After ten minutes of traffic and dead silence they finally made it to a small station.

“Can you do me a favor?” Amber asked Jackie before they even got the chance to unfasten their seat belts.

“What now? Booger” Jackie asked, she knew where this was going.

“Can you pay the fee?” She asked. Jackie knew she was about to ask that, her younger sister is way too easy to read, what she can’t comprehend is why. Why would she ask her to free the girl that just stole her car?

“Amber… Who the is that girl?” Jackie asked getting worried.

“I swear she’s not my one-night stand… nor my girlfriend. I just… have some questions for her” Amber said, she rushed out of her sister’s car to avoid any kind of eye contact with her and started walking towards the entrance of the police station.

“Stay here” The older sister commanded to the short haired girl and the latter nodded.

While Jackie was talking to the officers, Amber roamed in the small office, she looked at the most wanted posters, emergency numbers and police obituaries. She was feeling nervous, what if Krystal was already out of town? Or worse, what if she was out of the country? Out of the continent? Her mind started running wild and she convinced herself that Krystal was already long gone.

Her sister then motioned her to come to the counter, it seemed like the officer found her car.

“Amber they found you car parked in front of the airport” Jackie said but somehow her voice tone wasn’t any reassuring at all.

“But….?” Amber asked, she started fidgeting and her hands were sweaty. Her sister asked something to the guy in Korean, all that she could understand was if it was moved (the car) or something along those lines.

“The officer is saying that according to the cameras the Camaro is there since 1 am. The problem is that they say a girl never walked inside the airport nor exited the car”