E is even more complicated.

Love is mental.

“Well, stop getting distracted, I’ve got the location, let’s move” Kai said, but Krystal wasn’t listening, instead, she walked towards Amber.

“I don’t know why you’re here… but you need to leave” The ice-looking girl told the tomboy, with a very concerned look on her face.

“Just give me five minutes and I’ll leave you alone for the rest of your life…” The short haired girl pleaded, which hurt Krystal. As much as she wanted to come with  her father and compensate the time they didn’t have while he was still alive, it destroyed the girl to hear such words. But she couldn’t turn back time. By now she had stabbed her, abandoned her with Hwa-Young and was putting on a mask to scare her away so she wouldn’t get hurt.

“Krystal it’s now or never!!” The tall guy yelled.

“GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE AMBER” Soojung cried out and turned to Kai as they started running. Leaving a confused Amber behind, tears flowed down Krystal’s cheeks. Without looking back and trying not to make a single sob, she cursed the time it occurred to her to leave that tomboy in the first place. This wasn’t supposed to be happening, she thought.

 

“Get on the bike, Luna” Amber coldly said as she walked past Luna.

“You can’t be serious” The other groaned, tilting her head back in desperation as she let out a loud sigh. But the tomboy didn’t answer, instead she was already on the bike.

“Hey” The tanned girl called Amber to which she didn’t respond. “Look at me, Liu” She tried once again, this time standing in front of the bike.

“What?”

“What do you think you’re doing?” Luna asked as her right hand traveled almost automatically to her forehead.

“I’m going to help her” Amber shortly said, starting the bike’s engine.

“Okay, stop” Luna said, but the other didn’t listen. “Stop!!!” She shouted.

“Luna, we don’t have time for this”  

“No, we don’t have time for THIS” The younger said, signaling to the whole situation. “She told you to leave, why would you come after her?” She tried to make Amber reason but at this point it was futile. She recognized the look on the other’s face, she was determined to end this.

“She said it to protect me, but who’s going to protect her?” The tomboy said.

“Did I miss something?” The shorter sarcastically said. “I thought we were here because the whole ‘I want to break ties with Krystal’ thing, not to save her ungrateful again” She ranted, now mad.

“Sonyoung, please…”

“No, Amber, don’t ‘Sonyoung please’ me. I’m done. I’m going home” She said at last, walking away from the tomboy.

“I love her”

Luna stopped her track and sighed once more without turning around.

“I tried to convince myself of letting her go… I tried to trick myself into an existence that is meaningful without her… and despite all she did to me, despite all the suffering she may have brought to us… I can’t see myself not loving her” Amber kept on talking, not moving an inch.

“This is not love, Am. This is an obsession” Luna said, still looking at the opposite side of where the tomboy was standing. “You can’t have her”

“And I don’t want to… I just… if you come with me-“

“I won’t” The shorter cut her off, this time turning to see the tomboy’s back. “I mean it, I’m going home”

“I understand” Amber said and standing up from the bike she walked towards Luna, stopping right in front of her. “I never apologized for what happened to us”

“If you say it like that it sounds like you had an awful time” Luna complained, furrowing a brow.

“I never meant to hurt you, Sonyoung” The tomboy said, looking directly into the shorter girl’s eyes. “I know you wanted the best for me… and I just complicated things to the point of breaking us apart” She continued as she reached for Luna’s hands. “What we had was different from what I have now with Soojung, and I enjoyed every single part of it”

“Me too” The younger tenderly smiled. “Even now I just want what’s best for you… but I need to understand that that’s not my place anymore Am. That’s why I’m going home”

“Don’t worry about me”

“It’s dangerous, Liu, how can I not worry?”

“Trust me, I’m doing it right this time” Amber said, sweetly smiling at her ex while letting go of her hands. With that, she saw her walk away just like the time they broke up.

Luna slowly walked to call a cab and retrieve the car she had rented from Johnny’s house, not bothering to look back. She didn’t expect to find closure this way and in this situation, but she did and she was grateful for that.

 

“Are we there yet?” Krystal anxiously asked, while looking through the cab’s window.

“Just five more minutes” Kai answered, nervous as well.

“What happened, Kai?” She asked, concern written all over her face.

“I’m supposing someone kidnap them… but they were five men… I don’t understand who would have the strength to do such move” He said, scratching his chin.

“You don’t need strength if you have an equal or a greater number of men” She explain to which Kai nodded.

“Here it is, sir” The driver said, leaving them in front of a big but unused toy factory.

“It looks deserted… are you sure this is the right location?” Soojung asked, getting close to the building to take a peek on a window.

“It says they’re here” He replied, walking towards the window too. They were too distracting on looking for some kind of movement that they didn’t feel someone sneaking up on them, in a matter of seconds, a big guy grabbed Kai and Krystal in both of his arms and dragged them into the factory.

As soon as they arrived where everyone else was being held hostage, they were thrown to the floor as they groaned in pain.

“Who the are you?!” Kai shouted, trying to get back on his feet but was stopped by a kick right on the mouth of the stomach. “Son of a ” He whined in pain.

“Dad!” Krystal cried as she saw Mr. Jung all beaten up and sitting on the ground. She quickly approached to him and tried to check how injured he was but he grunted in pain. “Oh my God… don’t worry dad, I’m gonna take you out of here”

“I don’t think that’s ever going to happen” A guy said, walking in the room.

“Donghae?” Krystal asked, confused.

“You know him?” Kai asked as well, grabbing his left side of the abdomen.

“He’s one of my dad’s security men…”

“Soojung!!” At the sound of the scream, everyone turned to see a very determined Amber walk by the door of the room.

“” Krystal cursed as she reached for her dad’s gun and proceeded to reach the tomboy as she and everyone else pulled a gun at her.

“Soojung?” Amber called for her in fear as she pointed the gun right at her chest.

“I told you to get the hell out of here” The ice-looking girl coldly said, looking at the tomboy right in the eye.

“Put the guns down guys, she can handle it” Donghae teased and the men obeyed.

“Listen, I just need to explain” The older said, with her hands still in the air, trying to calm the other down. “I know we left things wrong and we needed some time… I wasn’t being helpful when I told you not to-“

“ OFF AMBER” Soojung cried, pulling the gun even closer to the short haired girl’s chest.

“Krys, please…” Amber pleaded, lovingly and sorrowfully looking into her eyes. The younger couldn’t look away, she missed her so much that it was so difficult to ignore her feelings at this point… but she couldn’t risk it. Her father, the man she thought to be the strongest on earth was just kidnapped along with his other four men, whoever was pulling this plan had the strategy part all working on and she was more than afraid of Amber getting caught in crossfire. There was no other option.

“I love you, Soojung… and if you just let me-“

“Stop embarrassing yourself, Amber” She sternly said, breaking eye contact with the other. “We were never meant to be, I never wanted to be Hwa-Young’s mother, I got sick of you and your overprotectiveness, don’t you get it? I don’t love you anymore. SO GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE”

“You can’t be serious… I’ve changed-“

“I won’t hesitate!” The younger yelled, practically shoving the gun on Amber’s chest while she tensed the finger on the trigger.

“I know you won’t, Krys”

“Stop calling me that!” She kept on yelling and everyone flinched as they heard a gunshot.

Amber opened her eyes to see that in fact, Krystal did hesitate. The bullet roughly passed by the tomboy and landed on one of the walls of the factory. The older carefully looked into the younger’s eyes as if she was trying to decipher her actions, she said she wouldn’t hesitate, so why did she? Was she just pulling up a show for the other people? Did she mean all the stuff she said before just for the sake of Amber’s safety?

“You-“

“That’s enough, Soojung” Everyone in the room turned to face the voice that cut Amber off and when Krystal’s eyes meet hers, she couldn’t believe what she was seeing.

“Jieun?” Mr. Jung stumbled, trying to get up.

“Mom…” Soojung whispered in disbelief.

“I thought you were dead” Jung continued his sentence.

“That’s what I wanted you to believe” Jieun said, walking down of a rusty staircase.

“So, you were the one who’s trying to bankrupt me” He sorrowfully said to which she didn’t say a thing and only smiled.

“How?” Jung asked, still trying to process the situation along with Krystal.

“Your men aren’t loyal at all”

🍂

“What the hell is he doing here?” Mrs. Jung asked, annoyed.

“Pardon me?” One of the men she hired for protection asked.

“That guy, Donghae. He’s one of Beomsoo’s men” She said, pointing to a guy creeping over the window and motioned her men to bring him in.

“How much is he paying you?” She asked, pouring a glass of wine and offering the man one but he refused.

“50 grand per week” Donghae shortly said.

“I’ll give you 70 if you do as I say”

🍂

“And that’s how it started. I told him to go and inform you that I was doing drugs and getting wasted any chance I could, and it seems that you believed it” She said with a devilish smirk on her face.

“How could you? After you abandoned our Soojung!” Jung raged, pointing a finger to her, but Jieun was not afraid of him, instead she laughed.

“Look at you, trying to threaten me” She said and snapped her fingers to which two of her men responded and grabbed Jung by his arms.

She walked over to him and pulled a gun to his forehead. “You killed my Jessica, made my Soojung insane for five years and yet you feel so important, so powerful”

“Mom, no!” Krystal yelled as she stepped in front of the gun.

“Soojung!” Amber shouted but was held down by two other of Jieun’s men before she could make a move.

“Don’t interfere, Soojung” Jieun commanded but Krystal didn’t move.

“If you want to kill him then you’ll have to kill me too”