TEN

The Love Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saku hadn't actually gone to work that day but went to prepare his proposal for Minjoo. He knows that he already proposed before but the fact that the lass called it off means he has to ask her hand in marriage once again. He asked his friends to help him set it up and the crew is more than glad to do so. Even Wonyoung and Yujin came to help him out.

 

"I'm excited to see Minjoo's surprised face again!" Yuri squealed in delight as she hugged her child tightly, letting her excitement out.

 

"I'm sure she'll be really surprised." Wonyoung agreed to Yuri's positive statement.

 

"I'm going to buy some flowers for her at the boutique first then I'll meet you guys back here to talk about the plan." Saku says as he hurriedly run to the flower shop a couple of blocks away.

 

"Wait, hyung! I'm coming with you!" Yujin ran to chase his hyung who was already a few meters away from him, the older guy gestured him to run faster.

 

When they reached the flower shop, the grey haired guy looks around for flowers that his lover might like. Scanning the shop with his eyes, he stopped when he spotted some white chrysanthemums at the corner of the shop. He drags his feet towards it as if he was drawn to them and asks the caretaker to make a bouquet out of the flowers he chose.

 

"White Chrysanthemums symbolizes loyal love, hyung. This flower fits the both of you." Saku turns his head to the speaker who was admiring the flower he had chosen.

 

"I'm really happy for you, hyung." Yujin genuinely smiles as he caresses a petal of the flower beside him.

 

"Thank you, Yujin. I'm also really glad that you and Wonyoung worked it out. There's no one better for you." Saku patted the taller's shoulder, mirroring his smile.

 

"You should go get flowers for Wonyoung too, it'll make her happy." The older suggests and points at the garden of red roses right behind him.

 

"Yeah. I think I should." The Japanese trails his eyes on Yujin who walks to the counter to ask for a bouquet of red roses which was interrupted when the caretaker handed him the bouquet of flowers he had ask for. The flowers were beautifully arranged, making sure that the chrysanthemums stood out among the other flowers that were matched with it.

 

She'll love this.

 

Saku and Yujin head back to where their friends are. The younger guy made sure that the flowers he bought for Wonyoung are well hidden behind his back so the maknae wouldn't see it.

 

When they arrived near their friends, Wonyoung was busy preparing the balloons for the proposal so she didn't notice that Yujin is already standing behind her.

 

"Hi!" Yujin exclaims, enthusiastic to give her the flowers but the younger girl just gave him a hum acknowledging his presence without even sparing a glance. The guy was disappointed with the response he got but he was still excited to give the flowers to the lass before him. So he taps the her shoulder wanting attention, and was smiling from ear to ear when Wonyoung planted her gaze on him.

 

Not waiting any longer, he presented the bouquet of flowers in front of the her. The younger was confused when the boy presented the flowers but realized what was happening when he nudged the flowers towards her.

 

"F-for me?" Wonyoung was caught by a surprise with the guy's action because ever since, it was always her who would do romantic stuffs for him, it was never the other way around. When the guy shyly nodded, the girl accepted the flowers and smelled them.

 

"They're beautiful. Thank you." She smiled and Yujin's heart fluttered when he saw the raven's innocent smile and had wondered how he never really noticed how pretty she is with her smile.

 

The others watched the scene between their two maknae's and were touched. Seeing the two finally together made them happy, really happy. They witnessed just how much the two had sacrificed especially Wonyoung, to get their relationship to work out and they were really glad that it finally did.

 

"Hey Saku! You have to go get your girl too." Yehan interrupted their thoughts reminding the grey haired guy that he has to go and pick Minjoo up.

 

"Right!" Saku hurriedly went to his car and fished out his phone from his pocket to text the said girl.


 

When Saku have arrived home, he was stunned to see Minjoo wearing a black fitted long sleeve tee and a tattered shorts. He was amazed at how she was dressed but was also conflicted. It would be very windy outside and he's concerned for his lover's health.

 

"Is something wrong?" Minjoo asked as she was walking towards the guy

 

"N-no." The Japanese said but his actions were of the contrary. He removed his blazer and placed it over Minjoo, confusing the girl.

 

"It's going to be cold outside, you should wear this." The older adjusted the coat over the shoulders of the brunette and when he locked their eyes together, she was smiling at him.

 

"Thank you for always taking care of me." She utters sweetly and the lad nods his head as he hold forth his hand for the lass to take. Together they then went out of the house, heading to the park.

 

The couple stopped in front of the park, the younger was about to get off of the car but she was put to a stop when the Japanese grabs her wrist.

 

"Do you trust me?" He asks which somehow confuses the girl, she kept mum for a few seconds causing the former to repeat his question, the brunette then responded with a nod.

 

"Turn around and close your eyes." Despite being bewildered with the lad's request, Minjoo still complied. Saku then covered his lover's eyes with a blindfold and eventually stepping out of the car to open the door for the latter.

 

"What are you doing?" The beauty asks as she was guided by the older who gave her no reply. The pair then stops from their tracks, the grey haired guy planted a lingering kiss on the back of the lass' palm and lets go.

 

"Saku? Yah did you just leave me here?" Minjoo was about to take the blindfold off when someone did it for her, she was greeted by Eunbi and Chaehyuk, the latter passes her a piece of cupcake which the brunette eyed on suspiciously.

 

"Relax Kim, it doesn't have poison in it. February 02, 2019, your first anniversary. Remember when Saku attempted to bake a cake for your first year together? I don't know what came over his mind, we all know he and he nearly burnt our dorm-" Chaehyuk begins rambling as he was saying his not-so-rehearsed speech, hearing that, Eunbi decided to step up and cut him off.

 

"Okay that's enough, Chae. February 02, 2019, you and Saku's first year anniversary. Would you believe that the day before that, he literally dragged me with him to skip class just so we could buy the ingredients needed for the cake he was supposed to bake, and he even asked the two of us to teach him how." Eunbi states with a smile as they led her to the playground.

 

"Yeah, we offered to bake it for the two of you but you know how stubborn your boyfriend is, and you also know, he plus the kitchen equals total disaster, so instead of being coated with icing. The cake was coated with foams." Minjoo couldn't help but laugh as the memory comes right back into her mind, this time rather than a distorted one, the memory is as clear as a crystal.

 

The beauty then sat on the swing as the couple lightly pushes her, she peels the paper off and took a bite before the pair could even stop her, and in an instant, she spits the cupcake out and turns to look at her two friends with a glare.

 

"What? The cake was burnt, did you seriously expect the cupcake to miraculously taste good?" Chaehyuk argues, unfortunately for him, Eunbi grabs his collar, pulling him out of the scene to give way for another pair, Hyeseok and Nako, with the former holding a teddy bear.

 

"February 02, 2020. Your second year anniversary, our department was preparing for a musical, the sleeping beauty." Nako then started to tell her the story with tons of enthusiasm.

 

Flashback

 

The university festival is fast approaching, Minjoo's department were asked to do a musical performance on the classic disney, the sleeping beauty together with her boyfriend's department.

 

"I know Saku and Minjoo are like THAT couple, but we can't deny Irene and Saku's chemistry. I mean just look at them, I'm telling you, these two are going to kill it with their visuals and acting." Saku being naturally talented in acting, he was chosen to be Prince Philip while the two divisions are torn between Minjoo and their senior, Bae Irene to be Princess Aurora but after the long discussion, they have decided to give the part to the older. It just so happens that the Japanese have had a crush on the senior beauty ever since, like forever, and the fact that the younger girl knows about that is not helpful at all.

 

"Rehearsal for the last scene, ready and action!" With that being said, the prince made his way towards his princess, caressing her cheeks and carefully examining her every profile. He then cups the princess's face and slowly leans in, little by little, he crashed their lips together. The kiss lingers for a few moments, truth be told, it left not only the pair in awe but also the audience, Saku's heart was racing incredibly fast. Who can blame him when he's literally kissing his high school crush, aside from that, he can literally feel someone shooting daggers behind his back and he knows exactly who that is.

 

"And cut!" The moment they heard that, the two of them pulls away with their cheeks all flushed and red as well as Saku's big ears. Irene stifles a chuckle and pats his head before heading backstage.

 

Finally being able to compose himself, his eyes searched for a particular pink haired girl and when he saw her leaving the auditorium, the lad knew he has to go after her.

 

"Minjoo-ah!" The Japanese yells while running, he caught up to her after a few moments and turns the lass around by grabbing her wrist, the sight of Minjoo clearly upset greeted him.

 

"Why are you frowning? You know it's only for show, right?" Saku assures her and attempted to snake his arms around his girlfriend's waist.

 

"Yeah? Your blush tells me otherwise, go away, Yuri and I are going somewhere." With that, she left the older dumbfounded, unable to process what just happened.

 

A couple of hours later, the pink haired girl is still feeling upset because of the events earlier, not only that, but it's also her and Saku's second year anniversary but it seems like he's too busy to even remember.

 

"And I swear to god his ears are like super red, he really with hiding his feelings." Minjoo rambles to her friend who shows no interest as she have heard it thousands of times already.

 

"I do? How come you failed to notice my feelings for you back in high school then?" A familiar voice then came out of nowhere, startling the beauty with his unannounced presence.

 

"And that's my cue to leave." Yuri didn't even let her friend say another word, she swiftly picked her things up and left the couple alone.

 

"Come on love, I said I'm sorry. You know I had no choice, it was for the show." Saku begs as he pouted his lips, attempting to hold the younger's hand but miserably fails.

 

"Saku, I'm seriously in no mood to deal with all these s. I just want to go-" Before she could finish her sentence, the lad heavily drops a big box on the table along with a wide grin.

 

"Yeah yeah whatever you say, happy second year anniversary, love." In a blink of an eye, a kiss was robbed from Minjoo as Saku swiftly sat down behind her, enveloping her in a back hug.

 

"Open it." As much as the beauty hates to admit it, she was touched with her boyfriend's unpredictable surprises. She wordlessly complies to his command and when she opened the box, there lies a pink teddy bear with their initials embroidered on its chest, the guy then held the bear up to cover his face and pressed its chest, the younger was startled when it began chanting sweet words but finds it cute afterwards.

 

"So am I forgiven or what?"

 

"I don't think so." Saku groans upon hearing that and pouted his lips.

 

"Please? I'll make it up to you tonight, let's hang out at my place, mom and dad's out on a business trip. We have the house all to ourselves." The older said with a smirk at the edge of his lips before pulling his girlfriend for a chaste kiss.

 

End of Flashback

 

"Oh and just so you know, I had to run from the university all the way to Saku's house and back just to get that freaking box! Your boyfriend is so dumb he ing forgot to bring it with him." And so the trio laughed while reminiscing the past, a few moments later, Nako and Hyeseok bid their farewells and she saw Yujin and Wonyoung approaching her.

 

Yujin held out his hand to receive Minjoo's hand while Wonyoung links her arms with the girl's and passed her a single red rose.

 

"Unnie, I know you don't remember this. But your third year with oppa was full of struggle. But it wasn't something the power of your love couldn't handle."

 

Yujin smiles at her and walked beside her as they started recalling a memory.

 

“February 02, 2021...”

 

 

Flashback

 

Minjoo checks her phone for the umpteenth time tonight and was frustrated, not getting a single message from her boyfriend.

 

She drops her phone on the mattress as a sign of defeat and went to her desk to work on her assignment instead.

 

The beauty knew she couldn't blame Saku for being busy but it just doesn't sit with her that he couldn't even text her a simple update so instead of finishing her homework, she launches herself back on the bed and picked up her phone angrily, ready to call her boyfriend.

 

But when she was so eager and determined to call him, her anger died down when she saw a message notification from him.

 

She quickly unlocks her phone and opens the message... 

 

Goodnight? Goodnight. Is he ing serious?

 

She grunts in anger as she read the message.

 

"What the heck! He hasn't texted me since this morning and this is all I get!" She yells in rage while shaking her phone in annoyance.

 

The pink haired girl then impulsively pressed the call button on her phone, ready to give the guy a good scolding. She got impatient when the phone rang once... twice... thrice.. until the sixth ring.

 

"Hello?" A groggy sound could be heard from the other line.

 

"Hello!? Yes. This is Minjoo, your girlfriend. Incase you forgot that you had one."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter