EIGHT

The Love Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leaving the beautiful scenery behind them, both figures enter the car and drove home. The drive was silent but it was filled with excruciating pain. The passenger, silent but filled with her thoughts if she had made the right decision and the other, barely trying to keep his heart together. 

 

When the car stopped in front of their house, the girl had stepped out of the car expecting the other to do the same but to her surprise, the car backed up and left.

 

The girl heaved a sigh and went inside the house, making sure to lock all doors before burying herself under the comfort of her bedsheets as she lets her tears fall freely from her own pair of eyes.

 

 

Minjoo woke up from the sound of her alarm clock and as she frantically search for it with her hands to turn it off, she remembered what happened last night. She got up from her bed looking for Saku, worried about what happened to him last night. Looking at her phone, anticipating a text from the lad to pop out of her notifications but only to be more anxious as she knows he wasn't okay when he left judging from the event that happened last night.

 

As the beauty scanned around the house, she found no trace of the grey haired guy, hence, concluding that he didn't come home last night. Although Minjoo have expected that Saku would not be back home, but the fact that he really didn't pained her even when she knew that it was her fault. 

 

Worried, the brunette went back to their bedroom and picked up her phone from the bedside table, once again checking to see if the older left her a text of any kind, perhaps a good morning as she knew he never fails to send her one whenever she would wake up without him by her side, only to be disappointed as there was none.

 

Minjoo brushed off the aching feeling in her heart and attempted to send a message to Saku.

 

Her fingers recklessly typed whatever was on her mind, only for it to be cleared the moment she finished typing, changing message after message, pondering about what would be appropriate to send but in the end she chickened out. Minjoo was worried that the recipient would not respond to her or if he did, he wouldn't respond properly so she decided to put her phone back down.

 

The beauty hates to admit it but she felt serene last night. There was barely even a memory of her and Saku dating but what she felt last night was not a joke, but nevertheless, she is still afraid, afraid of her unknown feelings and afraid of hurting her bestfriend.

 

Checking the time, Minjoo remembered that Saku have work today. With that, she picked her phone up for the umpteenth time and tried to contact her ex fiancé's secretary to ask if he's already at work.

 

"Hello, secretary-nim? This is Minjoo, is Saku in his office already?" The lass spoke in an instant as soon as the other line picked the phone up.

 

"Yes. I'm at work." The familiar voice stunned the beauty in her place as she didn't expect him to pick up the phone. She glanced at her phone name to check the contact name and it revealed his secretary's number so she wondered why is he the one who picked the phone up.

 

"S-saku?" Minjoo stuttered still shocked from the unforeseen event, but before she had the chance to speak again, Saku spoke first.

 

"I'll hang up now. I don't think there's anything else that we need to talk about anyway. Take care of yourself." And the next thing she heard was the sound of the line being disconnected.

 

Minjoo was surprised when the older picked the phone up, but she was more surprised of how he brushed her off like she was no one and hearing his last sentence made her uneasy because of how it sounded more like a good bye, than a take care note.

 

She shook her head dismissing the thought and decided to shower before paying Yuri a visit. 

 

On the other hand, the grey haired guy returned the misplaced phone to his secretary, telling her not to accept any calls from his friends, especially from Minjoo for awhile.

 

 

Minjoo checked the clock and she knows it would be around this time that Saku would come home. She have been waiting for him to come home after her visit to her friend because she wanted to make sure that the older guy is feeling well.

 

She texted him about having dinner together but much to her disappointment, the guy never replied to any of her texts and even tried calling him but he wouldn't pick his phone up. She also tried her trump card which is calling his secretary but to her dismay, the phone couldn't be reached. It was as if they were trying to avoid her.

 

So instead of knowing what time he will be going home, the beauty decided to wait for him. She asked their cook to prepare them dinner just in case he haven't had his dinner yet when he comes home and waited.

 

She lingered on the couch until the time went past six... past seven... past eight... until she dozed off to sleep.

 

Minjoo was woken up by someone nudging her, she was hoping to see her ex fiancé but much to her dismay, the sight of their cook waking her up is what greeted her the moment she opened her eyes.

 

"You should eat your dinner, Miss." Reminded by the dinner, she glanced up to check the clock and saw that it is already past 11 and there were still no signs of Saku in their home. With that, she stood up from the couch to thank the cook for preparing her dinner.

 

Before heading towards the kitchen, she looked back one last time hoping Saku would come in through the door but she knew it wasn't going to happen. So with a lot of disappointment in her heart, she trudged her way to where her dinner awaits and ate with a heavy heart.

 

 

Weeks have passed and ever since the night of the cliff, Saku hasn't been home. There isn't a day when Minjoo wouldn't call his secretary, she would always ask and check if he was in his office and when his secretary would tell her so, the beauty felt relieved but at the same time, she felt annoyed.

 

The lass is well aware of the fact that what she did that night shred him into pieces, but he vowed he would never give up on her. So the brunette wonders, why on earth is he treating her like that.

 

Finding her resolve after countless of hesitations, she changed her clothes, getting ready to see her ex fiancé.

 

Minjoo strided her way inside the company casually and was caught to a surprise when the employees would greet her and bow down to her. She wondered if the cancelled engagement was ever announced or not.

 

Walking through the hallway, she caught a glimpse of a familiar back entering the elevator but before she could recognize her, the elevator door closed before her. The brunette couldn't help but let out a curse to release her frustration as she had to wait for another elevator.

 

As she waited, the thought of her sole purpose visiting Saku in his office during work hours came into her mind. She doesn't even know what she would say to him and it left her restless for the time being.

 

After a couple of minutes, Minjoo arrived in the CEO's floor, the assistant recognized her in an instant and her eyes widened when she realized that the former is headed towards her boss' office so she dropped everything she was doing to stop the beauty from entering the office.

 

"I'm sorry, Miss Minjoo. Mr. Miyawaki is still in a meeting with someone. Please wait by the couch as I inform him that you're here to visit him." Sensing the unfamiliar aura surrounding the woman in front of her, the secretary fidgets her pen in nervousness.

 

The brunette recalled the person inside the elevator to try and put two puzzle pieces together. To confirm her theory, the latter sternly asked the secretary with low intimidating tone.

 

"And that person would be who exactly?" It came off rather imperatively demanding that refusing to answer the question would be a sign for trouble, so the secretary swallowed a chunk of saliva and apologized to her boss in her mind before answering.

 

"Miss Jurina, M-matsui Jurina." The secretary stuttered at the intimidating figure in front of her, making her abruptly press on the communication line to send her boss a message.

 

"Sir, Mi-Miss Minjoo is here to see you and she doesn't look very happy." She uttered the last few words underneath her breath, Minjoo on the other hand was too eager to hear Saku's response to even notice. She expected that he would let her in without second thoughts and give a smug look to the other woman in his office.

 

"Don't let her in." The instant she heard his voice, Minjoo confidently strides towards the door but much to her surprise, she was halted by a hand that grabbed her wrist tightly.

 

"Mi-miss Minjoo, you can't come in." The lass raised a brow upon hearing that as she was left confused.

 

"What do you mean? He said let me in." Minjoo pulled her hand back in attempt to get inside the office only to be stopped the second time around.

 

"Mr. Miyawaki told me NOT let you in, I'm sorry Miss Minjoo." The said girl was taken aback by what she heard. She couldn't believe that Saku wouldn't let her in, as what she can recall, he have never done that to her, not even once.

 

Simultaneously inside the CEO's office, the two figures both heard the message given by the secretary. Saku told his secretary no but judging from the sound outside as well as the younger's persistence, they knew that Minjoo would make her way inside, invited or not.

 

Without any hesitation when the door bursted open, Jurina grabbed Saku's shoulders and pulled him to crash their lips together, the lad's eyes went impossible bigger from shock and the tip of his ears turned red.

 

When Minjoo came in barging inside, she was surprised to see the scene in front of her. She witnessed what Jurina did and it ignites the fire inside her. She was furious because Jurina knew the situation that the grey haired guy is in but she took advantage of it to get what she wants.

 

The younger brunette stomped her way to the duo and pulled the guy from the kiss to face the older girl, without any second thoughts, her arm came swinging hard and landed on the latter's cheeks.

 

Everyone's eyes bewildered with what happened Saku knew what's going to happen next but before he could pull Minjoo out of the way, Jurina have already swung her arm back to the latter, releasing a loud slapping sound.

 

The action shocked the pair, they weren't expecting a retaliation after what just happened but the inflicted pain on the beauty's cheeks says otherwise.

 

"What the hell!" Minjoo exclaimed rather loudly, when her eyes locked with the older brunette, her own pair was filled with rage. She wanted to attack the culprit then and there but the guy's arms were wrapped around her, stopping her from initiating another brawl.

 

"You're crazy! Saku told you not to come in but you freaking barged inside here like you own this place." Jurina replied leveling her own tone with that of the former.

 

"Because, I know what you're planning to do! I know you like him and that you're desperately trying to get him." Minjoo accused with her fingers directly pointed at the girl in front of her as if she was sending some kind of caution.

 

"Why do you care, anyway? From what Saku told me, you were the one who broke the engagement off so stop acting like the two of you are together when you don't even give a damn about him." Jurina crossed her arms and scoffed at the younger one.

 

"I- " Minjoo was about to say something but she was cut off.

 

"You broke him and you can never undo that." After saying that, Jurina picked up her bag and looked directly into Saku's eyes.

 

"I'm going ahead, Saku. I'll see you later. Tell your EX FIANCÉE to know her place." She hissed and emphasized the word before slamming the office door behind her, leaving the two alone in the room in silence.

 

While Minjoo stood on her ground in the middle of the office, still stunned with what happened, the other walked towards his mini fridge to get an ice pack and headed back to the former, cupping her face and tucking the loose strands of hair behind her ear before pressing the ice pack against his ex lover's cheeks, only to earn a hiss from the lass.

 

"You shouldn't have slapped her." Saku broke the silence, still treating the girl's face which is now scrunched up because of what he said.

 

"And what!? Watch her kiss you? Should I bring a popcorn next time?" The girl practically yelled at the lad who was caught in a surprise with the sudden rise of her voice but he didn't say anything just yet. 

 

"She was right." When Minjoo heard his words, it caught her to a surprise and it only made her even more furious.

 

"So now you're taking her side!?" She yells the second time, only this time, the rage in her eyes fuels with fire and for the first time, the Japanese's walls finally broke down and snaps.

 

"Whose side am I supposed to be in then, Minjoo? You're my ex fiancée now, and she's just an acquaintance. Whose side am I supposed to be in, huh?" Saku puts the ice pack down on his table heavily and stands up from his seat, his sudden outburst startled the beauty.

 

"You should leave, Minjoo." The latter couldn't believe what left his lips, Saku never lets her leave like this, he would always make sure she felt better before anything else and this time, the said girl feels bad for being the cause of everything that has happened.

 

"But I-" She tried to speak, only to be cut off by her ex lover.

 

"Just leave, please." Minjoo could see how hard the older is trying to hold back his tears and it pained her. She knew it was her fault that he became like this. She knew she had no reason to be jealous because she have forfeited the right. She knew the consequences of breaking off the engagement but why does it feel like she was regretting every decision she made.

 

Before stepping out of the door, the lass gave him one last look before speaking.

 

"Will I see you home tonight?" Her voice came out too desperate, she was practically begging, but the lad gave her no response as he tears away from their gaze. And so, the brunette knew she wouldn't see him home. So with heavy steps, Minjoo headed out of the office, heart just as broken as the guy's inside.

 

 

"It's starting to swell, Minjoo." Yuri pointed at the swollen face of the girl looking concerned with how her friend had gotten it.

 

"Can you tell me again about what just happened?" The hamster looking girl moved beside her friend to help her adjust the ice pack on her face.

 

"She -- ow!" The beauty winced in pain when Yuri pressed the ice pack a little too hard against her cheeks.

 

"Sorry." The younger apologized as she applies pressure gentler this time.

 

"As I was saying, I saw her kissing Saku and when I pulled Saku away, I slapped her." The taller says then hisses in pain when she recalled how the older brunette's palm came swinging towards her face.

 

"You did what!?" 

 

"Ow yah!" Due to her own surprise, the smaller girl accidentally applied too much force the moment she heard that, causing Minjoo to back away to avoid the pressure.

 

"Oops." Yuri utters when she realized what she just did.

 

"Yeah but she slapped me back. I didn't see it coming too. I almost out when she hit me. I didn't know that girl was strong." Minjoo pouted upon recalling their middle school days and gently rubs her cheeks.

 

"My god, Minjoo! I can't believe you forgot -- oh no pun intended but she was the ace of the wrestling team back in the days." Yuri exclaimed and subsequently lightly flicks her friend's forehead.

 

"She was! I can't believe I forgot!" Minjoo facepalmed herself when she remembered. Both of them kept quiet for a while until the latter spoke up,

 

"You know, I hate that she kind of told me that I had no right to do what I just did." The beauty brushes the younger's hands away and rests her head on top of her lap as she snuggled a pillow against her chest.

 

"And that I was the one who broke him." Yuri notices her friend crying, not wanting to add salt in the wound, she engulfed the older girl in a hug, letting her cry on her shoulder.

 

Minjoo went home after bawling her eyes out in Yuri's place. She was thankful to have the girl as a friend because she was always there for her even if she was busy taking care of her daughter, she would still give time to accompany her when she comes over to her place. 

 

The beauty examines her cheeks, it swells down a little but the redness in her cheeks is still visible. She then heads back to her and Saku's shared bedroom, she knew he wouldn't be coming home but she there's a little spark of hope in her heart. The guy never fails to surprise her after all.

 

Minjoo misses his presence around her, she's well aware of the fact that she's being selfish for wanting him back after treating him like he was nothing, but she misses him. Her thoughts clouded with nothing else but her ex fiancé, her eyes are brimmed with tears and before it could even fall, she wipes them away and took her phone out.

 

The lass searched for her conversation with Saku, she scrolled up to the earliest message she could find and reading it, her tears finally broke free.


 

She finished reading the conversation that they had with a heavy heart as her mind lingers at the thought of her ex lover. That night, she cried herself to sleep as she kept on repeating Saku's name.

 

Minjoo tried to get used with the fact that Saku will not be going home anytime soon. As a way to kill time, she would either go to Yuri's house or vise versa, the two doing or talking about anything that will keep her mind off of a certain Japanese. But everytime she and her friends would meet, her ears would immediately perk up at the mention of the guy's name.

 

The brunette would sometimes subtly drop questions regarding Saku's whereabouts, but all she got as an answer is that they have no clue. The news about the latter being out of the office ever since that night was delivered to her and ever since then, she started to worry about him. No one knew where the lad was, however, she suspected Hyeseok and Yehan to know about his whereabouts but they made it seem like they don't know as well or maybe they were just so good at hiding.

 

This time, the crew sets up a gathering between all twelve of them. Having nothing else to do, she agreed to come, carrying some hope to see the face that she's been eager to seen. 

 

Arriving at the café, it brought back so many memories as this is the place they usually hang out together back when they were still studying at the university.

 

Flashback

 

"Hey Minjoo, Saku!" Yehan, Yuri and Hyeseok calls out as they arrived at the café all together and immediately sat in front of the duo.

 

"So, have you guys taken your order yet?" It was the first question that came out of Hyeseok's mouth as soon as he took his seat.

 

"No. We'll let you do the ordering, Hyeseok." Saku passed the menu to his friend while trying to stifle a laugh and wiggled his eyebrows on the pink haired girl sitting besides him. The latter rolled her eyes on him before brushing her bangs away as her companion pretends to stretch his fingers for the flicking, a couple of minutes ago the two of them made a bet involving Hyeseok out of boredom and it just so happens that the Japanese won the bet.

 

"So? When's the birthday celebrant coming?" Minjoo asked the other set of trio who just arrived after glaring at the laughing guy next to her.

 

"Chaehyuk said they'll be arriving in about 15 minutes." Nako answered while taking a seat alongside Hitomi and Chanwoo.

 

"Alright! So, do we have the cake?" Saku exclaims with tons of enthusiasm, with that, all eight of them eyed each other but instead of getting a response, no one claims to have the cake.

 

"Hyeseok-ah didn't we left you in charge of it?" Hearing that, they all gazed at the guy mentioned.

 

"Huh? I don't have it! I thought Yehan brought it!" He then pointed at the guy parallel to him.

 

"What? No! Everyone agreed for you to have it! We gave the cake to you last night so you could bring it here since your place is the closest." Yehan explained to the older guy.

 

"Uhhh. Was it by chance the purple colored cake?" Hyeseok tries to remember as he scratched th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter