FOUR

The Love Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are we near yet?" Minjoo asks for the umpteenth time, she and Saku are on their way to Chanwoo's private beach. The crew have decided to spend one whole week together, away from the city, from all the stress and to run away from all their problems even just for a limited amount of time.

 

"We're halfway there Minjoo-ah." Saku responded with a silent sigh following afterwards, all the while, the younger have been showing how thrilled she is to see Yujin after being apart for one day, thus, making her fiancé's heart sink.

 

On the other hand, the tension building up in between Wonyoung and Yujin are way worse than that of Saku and Minjoo's. Neither of the two are saying anything, nor do they want to say a thing. After everything that's been going on between the four of them, what happened this time was the last straw for Wonyoung.

 

From the very beginning, she always has been trying to understand Yujin, but this time, the pain was just too much for her to handle. Because just as when she was starting to have some hope, just as when she was starting to believe that her first love has finally learnt how to love her back after all those years of tailing him like a lost puppy, she was once again proven wrong when she saw the same look in Yujin's eyes from eight years ago.

 

"Wonyoung-ah, I'm going to fill up the gas, you can grab a couple of snacks if you want." The younger girl nodded wordlessly and stepped out of the car without sparing a glance at Yujin. The latter then released a sigh unconsciously as his eyes trailed on her retreating frame.

 

After another hour, Yujin and Wonyoung arrived at the private beach with Minjoo and Saku arriving a couple of minutes behind. The brunette got out of the car immediately and rushed to throw herself in Yujin's arms.

 

"Ahh Min you startled me, I was holding my luggage, I could've dropped it on our feet you know." The blond haired guy scolded, making the beauty abruptly pull away from the hug and pout her lips.

 

"I'm sorry, did I make you mad? I just missed you so much..." The latter apologized and lowers her head, Yujin felt a sudden rush of guilt so he messed up her hair and hugged Minjoo tighter than the previous one they shared.

 

"Who says I'm mad? I was just surprised, I missed you more." Unknown to the two of them, another two sets of eyes were pierced through their backs, brown pools filled with sadness and pain. Saku's eyes landed on the youngest and saw tears threatening to fall from those once-sparkling eyes of hers. And so, the oldest made his way to Wonyoung and grabbed a hold of her luggage.

 

"Go ahead bunny, I'll put your things inside. Is this all of it?" He asked and Wonyoung gave him a nod but refuses to move her feet from the ground which confused Saku.

 

"It's okay oniichan, it's a little heavy but I can manage." Just as when Wonyoung was about to take her belongings back, Saku swiftly carried everything without showing any signs of struggles.

 

"Heavy? I can even carry you on my back and it will still feel like I'm carrying a feather." The Japanese bragged causing Wonyoung to roll her eyes and scoff. The pair then made their way inside the rest house, leaving Minjoo and Yujin staring at them with mixed feelings.

 

"L-let's go?" The lad awkwardly asked as soon as he snapped out of his thoughts and the beauty nodded at him. She was about to go get her things when she realized that Saku took her luggage with him inside as well, and somehow, she felt... satisfied?

 

The other set of pair then jogged inside as well and they were instantly greeted with the sight of their friends gathering by the living room, seemingly battling against each other to see who gets to have the best room with the best view in the rest house.

 

"Oi Minguri, are you going to be roommates with Yudings?" Hyeseok casually asked as he sets the game up. His words caught everyone off-guard due to a very obvious reasons. Minjoo's eyes met with Saku's soft ones, as if they were trying to communicate through it.

 

"We all know that each rooms can fit more than six people, why don't the girls and the boys just sleep seperately. That way we can have our own guys night out, girls night out or whatever floats our boat." Sensing the need to break the awkward atmosphere, Nako voiced out her thoughts to which everyone agrees into.

 

"Yeah let's do that, I'm so sick and tired of Yuri's snoring." Yehan complained which earned him a smack on the head from his wife. The married couple glares at each other and the others couldn't help but shake their heads at their silly antics.

 

"So it's settled then, as the girls' representative I call dibs on the corner room!" Eunbi exclaimed causing the girls to scream in joy while the guys started to claim as to why they get to have the best room in the rest house.

 

"Yah at least have us play and have the winning team get the corner room." Chaehyuk whines at his wife but to no avail, having the need for a leader to step up, the guys shove Saku in front.

 

"Oi hyung do something!" The five said with pleading eyes but the Japanese only raised his eyebrows on them.

 

"Just let your wives spend their time in luxury if they want to, come on carry their bags upstairs and Yehan quit quacking will you?" The grey haired guy uttered earning the same reactions from both groups as to Eunbi's statement awhile ago.

 

"Oooh niichan as expected, you're still the same cool guy back from high school. Respect, respect." Hitomi voiced out and the girls agree, everyone except for a certain beauty who kept her eyes darted on the Japanese's petite yet strong frame.

 

 

Afternoon came and the whole crew were scattered around. Eunbi, Chaehyuk and Hyeseok are grilling meats, Saku and Yehan are going against Yujin and Chanwoo in a game of volleyball while the others gathered around the sidelines to watch.

 

"Yah Choi Yehan why are you taking your shirt off as well? Put it back on your belly's sticking out!" Yuri yelled, causing the others to laugh loudly as her husband threw his shirt directly on her face. Yehan then gains all sorts of compliments from the girls as he showed off his body and danced around his wife.

 

On the contrary, Minjoo's eyes seems to be drawn unto the eldest's well built frame, realizing that she's been staring for way too long, she averted her gaze elsewhere and fake a cough to mask off the blush creeping on her cheeks. But unfortunately for her, this wasn't left unnoticed by both Yuri and Saku.

 

"Ah hyung stop that please you're traumatizing bunny over there just look at her." Chanwoo said as he pulled the duck back to his side of the court. When the game begins, it instantly ignites fire between the two teams for an unknown reason.

 

In the midst of the game, Minjoo started to feel her head spinning as a memory came to her mind. She starts to release an enormous amount of cold sweat with her heart beating eratically all at the same time.

 

"Why are you taking your shirt off? Put it back on!" The beauty yelled as soon as she caught a glimpse of her shirtless boyfriend playing a game of handball along with a few strangers he met at the beach. She noticed some eyes were darted on her lover, seemingly entertained with his good looks and masculine frame.

 

"Love I'm playing, my shirt is all wet and it's uncomfortable to move so I took it off." Saku pouted and used his puppy eyes to try and charm his lover into agreeing to have him take part in the game.

 

"Dingus that ain't going to work, at least not anymore. Wear your shirt back on and let's go. Mom and dad's waiting for us." 

 

That was the last thing that Minjoo saw right before her eyes until she was brought back to reality when Yuri and Nako tapped her side, asking if she's fine. The brunette gave them a nod before focusing her eyes back on the game.

 

Oddly enough for Minjoo, the voice that she heard seems very familiar to her but couldn't recognize the owner as well as his looks as her vision seems quite distorted to be able to recognize him properly. She swore the guy looks a bit like Yujin, but at the same time, he doesn't seem to fit.

 

On the other hand, for the first few minutes of the game, both teams have already made a couple number of spikes. When an opportunity has been spotted, a certain grey haired guy and a blond guy in particular, never missed a chance to send a targeted fling.

 

"Yah are you trying to kill each other?" Nako yells when Yujin hits another striking spike which landed in between Saku's legs and if the older failed to react quickly, they were all sure that a horrible misfortune could've happened.

 

"Saku oppa fighting!" Wonyoung cheered when it was Saku's turn to set the ball up and it irked a certain blonde even more. As time passes by, the game seems to have shifted into a battle of pride that both Chanwoo and Yehan are afraid to go anywhere near their teammates.

 

At this point, everyone is worried that someone might actually get hurt and it just so happens that Yujin accidentally exerted way too much force that it headed in the wrong direction. Saku saw the ball heading towards the preoccupied youngest, and with that, he immediately rushed towards Wonyoung's direction and used himself as a shield to seize the ball from hitting her.

 

Everything happened in a flash that the next thing that they all knew was that the grey haired guy was curled on the ground grasping his head as blood oozes down from his forehead for bumping his head into a stone after stumbling down.

 

"Oppa!"

 

"Saku oppa!" Minjoo screamed at the top of her lungs and sprinted towards her boyfriend who toppled over after furtuitously spraining his ankle as he kicked the soccer ball with much force.

 

The Japanese groans in pain as he grabbed a hold of his knees, two medics came to his aid and brought him to the school clinic using the stretcher to get treated with his girlfriend following suit.

 

I knew it I shouldn't have let him play.

 

The beauty thought to herself as she anxiously waited outside the room that Saku was in. Minjoo fidgeted on her seat nonstop as she could hear her lover wailing inside. After almost half an hour of turtous waiting,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter