THREE

The Love Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone had already gathered inside Minjoo's room as soon as Saku notified them that the girl had woken up. They had literally rushed over from where they currently were, heaving, huffing and catching their breathes. Especially Yehan who was inhaling and exhaling like it was the end of the world, perhaps he was exaggerating just a little bit.

 

"Minjoo-yaaa~ I'm so glad you're awake. You don't know how worried I was. How worried we were!" Yuri pouted earning agreeing nods from everyone, the beauty smiled as she scanned her eyes in each one of them. But for some reason, she was kinda confused as to why it seems like her friends have changed so much for the time being.

 

"You were out for almost 3 weeks, Minjoo everyone was really worried." Eunbi followed up which caused the girl to widen her eyes.

 

"Three weeks!?" The beauty frowned realizing that she have lost so much time in her life because of what happened and she wondered, what really happened?

 

Minjoo was cut from her thoughts when Saku placed a hand on her shoulder, somehow, she was relieved feeling his touch and it confuses her as to why she felt that way. As if there were butterflies in her stomach. It simply, soothes her.

 

"I prayed for you every single day, unnie. You scared me big time." Wonyoung now held Minjoo's hands to which the latter smiled and gave her thanks.

 

"Thank you, you guys. I didn't know I troubled you that much. I must've caused you so much trouble. Thank you for taking care of me all this time, especially you, Saku oppa." The girl looked up to the lad who was standing beside her, smiling with eyes that shows relief that she had woken up.

 

"I'm sorry, I'm late! I had a hard time finding a parking space!" Yujin said as he came inside the room evidently rushing and when he was about to close the door, he stiffens with what they all heard.

 

"Babe! You're here!" Minjoo bellowed from across the room making everyone, most especially Saku, confused at the situation. He was standing right beside her so why would Minjoo call out to Yujin as 'babe'.

 

"Uh, honey? I'm here." Saku cleared his throat at the awkward situation earning a confused look from Minjoo. 

 

"I know Saku, and Yujin is over there. Why are you still standing over there Yujin-ah come here." Minjoo tried to clarify the confusion which only earned her a lot more of confused looks.

 

"Oi Kim Minjoo what are you talking about, stop messing with us like this. Saku-kun's going to whine his jealous endlessly if you keep on calling your ex like that." Chaehyuk cautioned and hearing that caused the brunette's forehead to crease.

 

"Yah oppa stop messing with me, I'm not buying the act, I know Yujin and I are still dating." And with that, Saku's eyes widened as he stood there unable to comprehend what was happening as well as the other ten.

 

 

The doctor had come in to check up on Minjoo after the event earlier. He had her recall the most recent event she remembered and Minjoo was quick to explain that she was about to hail a cab before the accident happened. To continue his investigation, the doctor asked what she was doing before hailing a cab but Minjoo could only shake her head in disappointment. She couldn't remember.

 

"The impact on the head may have caused her amnesia on the recent events." The doctor explained to Saku and their parents outside the patient's room.

 

"You're not serious, right?" Minjoo's mom grabbed his husband's shoulder clenching tightly, wanting to hear the opposite.

 

"I'm afraid I am." The doctor said with sympathetic eyes.

 

"You said she remembers dating Mr. Ahn but not her fiancé. How long ago was that?" The doctor continues to ask them, making Saku look at his parents and then look back to the doctor.

 

"That was 8 years ago, doc." Saku nervously said making the doctor confused.

 

"That sure is a long time ago." The doctor nodded his head in understanding and continues.

 

"Well, Mr. Miyawaki. It may be possible that she might have only lost memories of being with you." Saku and their parents widened their eyes in disbelief, most especially the young lad.

 

"N-no w-way. All those p-precious m-moments w-with her." Saku shook his head, not wanting to believe the doctor. Tears were forming at the corner of his eyes, he couldn't believe what he just heard. It hurts him knowing that he 's the only one who could remember all their shared memories together. Although he was lost in his own thoughts, he could hear Minjoo's mom sobbing near him.

 

Minjoo's father placed a hand on Saku's shoulder to comfort him but it only made the both of them even more wretched. 

 

The beauty's parents always were fond of Saku and was happy to hear that they were finally getting married, they were just as excited as the couple. But with what had happened to Minjoo and the news they just received right now, they feel really sorry for Saku. They know just how much Saku loved their daughter and for how their daughter loved Saku, for her to forget that was just too heartbreaking to hear.

 

Saku looked at the patient's room window and stared at her fiancée with sad teary eyes, as he watched her laugh and smile with the presence of her ex-boyfriend.

 

 

Saku wiped his tears before entering the room, and when he did, he saw how Minjoo smiled at Yujin, the smile that she would only give him. He averted his eyes and went over to get some water.

 

Flashback

 

Saku heard a knock on his door, he was wondering who it could have been, as it was already late at night and he wasn't expecting any visitors. When he opened the door, he found a bawling Minjoo who immediately lunged at him for a tight hug.

 

"M-Minjoo? What's wrong? What happened to you? Why are you crying?" Questions ran through his mouth but the girl never answered any. Minjoo just kept on crying on his shoulders not bothering to answer any of her bestfriend's questions. Saku lets his bestfriend be before closing the door behind them and led her to the sofa. 

 

"I'll go get some water for you, okay?" Saku got her to sit but she was still holding on to Saku making it harder for him to move. When Saku attempted to stand and get some water, Minjoo held him down, stopping him from standing up.

 

"S-stay f-for a-a w-while." Hearing Minjoo's voice and looking like this broke him so much that he would do anything to see her smile again. But he knew it was impossible for the time being. He also knew who was the one responsible behind this and he hated him for doing this to Minjoo. He nodded his head and placed a hand on the girl's back, attempting to comfort the girl.

 

After a long while of crying, the pink haired girl finally broke her arms loose around the older who immediately stood up to get some water. Receiving the glass of water, Minjoo stared at it for a while with her head down before drinking it.

 

"What did he do this time, Minjoo?" Saku asks nervously but Minjoo shakes her head. Saku attempts to ask again but this time he held her hand making the girl look at him with still teary eyes.

 

"H-he said he doesn't want to go out with me a-and that he's better o-off with Wonyoung." Minjoo's tears drop from the corner of her eyes as soon as she finished her sentence, she covered her eyes again with her palms which literally broke Saku's heart. He loved this girl and he doesn't like seeing her like this., merely thinking about Yujin pissed him off despite the fact that they were friends.

 

"I'll go talk to Yujin about this." Saku spoke firmly but Minjoo held his wrist.

 

"N-no. D-don't. I don't want you to fight because of me." Minjoo pleads at Saku who seemed determined to scold Yujin.

 

"But he's hurting you, Min. I can't see you like this." Saku said in a sad expression, angry that he couldn't do anything about it, he loves her too much to go against her own liking.

 

"I-i I-i'll talk to him." Minjoo utters and the Japanese gave her a nod as a reply before engulfing her in his arms once again. It surprises him that no matter how much he tried to forget his feelings for his own bestfriend, he just can't seem to shake it off even though it hurts him so bad.

 

End of Flashback

 

Saku smiled bitterly at the memory knowing how much the guy have hurt her but it seems like she's forgotten all about th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter