TWO

The Love Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saku frantically made his way to the reception and asked for Minjoo's room number. Only to find out that she was still in the operating room. He swiftly rushed to the waiting room nervously, lost in his own thought. 

 

It's all my fault! I should have gone and picked her up. 

 

Saku covered his eyes with the palm of his hand, worried about the outcome of the operation as his mind raced like a galloping horse along with the thoughts that haunted him nonstop.

 

The moment he stepped a foot inside the waiting room, he saw the familiar faces of his friends also waiting anxiously for Minjoo's successful operation, it was obvious from their eyes that they're just as worried as the groom-to-be.

 

"What happened?" Yuri asked Saku shakily as he got closer to them, she was trying to hold back her tears but when the older guy pulled her in for a hug of comfort, she couldn't help but break into tears as well.

 

"I-i don't know. S-she t-told me she would meet me for d-dinner b-but she didn't s-show up so I-i went home and m-my p-parents t-told me t-that M-minjoo was i-involved in a c-car accident, and I r-rushed h-here." The lad had a hard time completing his sentences since he still couldn't believe what happened to his lover.

 

Yehan made his way to Saku and rubbed his back hoping to comfort him and his wife as well.

 

"Minjoo is a fighter, she'll be okay, she still has to marry you after all." Yehan said hoping to assure his friend and maybe himself, but truthfully he was also really worried. From there forward, the trio tried to console each other as they waited for the outcome of the operation. They could only hope for Minjoo to survive, and just like what Yehan said, she is a fighter after all.

 

"Hyung!" Just then, a deep voice interrupted the trio's thoughts causing them to snap their necks to the direction of the voice. There stood Yujin together with Wonyoung panting and chasing their breaths.

 

"I h-heard what happened. I-is she alright? H-hyung please tell me s-she's alright." Yujin came closer to them with trembling hands and knees, seeing that only made Saku's tears burst once again. Just as when the younger was about to reach the older, his knees gave up on him and he fell on the ground.

 

"Yujin-ah, unnie will b-be fine... s-she's strong, when d-did she ever g-give up?" Wonyoung came to his aid, drawing small circles on his back. Yujin wrapped his arms around the younger girl and hugged her tight as he cried on her shoulder.

 

One by one, their friends came to the waiting room, and each time, they all broke into tears as anxiousness starts to build up every minute that passes by with Minjoo lying on that operating bed desperately fighting for her life.

 

Hours have passed and a doctor finally came out of the operating room doors looking for someone, his eyebrows creased seeing eleven people gathered together in the waiting room.

 

"Who's the patient's family?" The doctor asked and Saku stood up in an instant to be recognized. His heart raced like crazy as he dragged his trembling feet closer to the doctor.

 

"I'm h-her fiancé." He uttered and the doctor releases a heavy sigh before running his hands through his hair. Seeing that, the Japanese couldn't keep his heart calm, he's afraid to hear something bad.

 

"The patient suffered from extreme blunt force trauma so it's hard to predict how soon she'll be waking up. But we can assure you that both her and the baby is in a stable condition, for the mean time, we will be monitoring both their conditions to make sure it stays that way. Please do come to the front desk and secure the patient a room so we could transfer her immediately." The doctor said, but Saku can't seem to process the information in his head. The same goes for the other ten.

 

"B-baby?" He murmured, and the doctor gave him a nod as reply.

 

"Yes, your fiancée is three weeks pregnant to a healthy and strong baby, both of them have survived the accident. Congratulations and I wish for the best." With that being said, the doctor bowed and left him stunned.

 

"M-Minjoo's p-pregnant?" Chanwoo repeated as they all look at Saku who's not moving a muscle a tad bit.

 

 

Saku enters the room nervously when Minjoo was finally transferred to a private room and when he stepped a foot inside the room, his heart broke into millions of pieces and tears were once again, threatening to fall down his face.

 

He saw Minjoo lying down on the bed, pale and unconscious with various paraphernalias attached to her with a heart rate monitor atop her bed. Walking closer to his fiancée, his tears started streaming down his face once again. 

 

You don't deserve this. I should've gone and picked you up.

 

He thought as he held Minjoo's hand in between his while kneeling on her bedside, sobbing his heart out. He cried for a long time, until he felt his throat dry.

 

"You know the doctor told me that we're having a baby." Saku tried to smile although a little bittersweet, he was caressing Minjoo's weak and fragile hands so gently, afraid that he would hurt her with his hold.

 

"So wake up soon, okay? I'll be here for you and our baby." He clasped Minjoo's lifeless hands tighter, praying for a better tomorrow and eventually bringing it up to plant a soft kiss.

 

Yehan opened the door cautiously, afraid of what he might find out. He took a peek and saw Saku bawling his eyes out so hard that seeing him like this hurts his heart at the same time. He waited until the older quieted down and gestured everyone to come inside, who were also eager to see Minjoo's current state.

 

The blond made his way to Saku and placed a hand behind the devastated lad to try and comfort him, the latter made eye contact with Yehan but the look on Saku's eyes was crushing his heart, he recognized the same look in Saku's eyes a couple of years back, when Minjoo and Yujin have gotten together. Except this time around, it is way worse than that.

 

The others followed suit and made their way beside Saku. They began comforting him with assuring words hoping to cheer the lad up.

 

"Thank you, you guys. Let's all pray for Minjoo's healthy and fast recovery." Saku said, flashing a hopeful and sad smile right through his tears. Simultaneously, Minjoo as well as Saku's parents came barging inside the room, eyes filled with tears.

 

"H-how's my d-daughter?" Mrs. Kim shakily asked as she stared at Saku's enthralling doe eyes, hoping to hear a good news rather than a bad one. But when the grey haired guy responded with a mere sob, the middle age woman's knees completely gave up but fortunately for her, Saku caught her right on time.

 

"M-mom... I'm s-sorry I-i couldn't protect h-her... I f-failed, I don't d-deserve h-her. This... it's a-all my f-fault. I-i'm so sorry..." The lad cried out but Minjoo's mom pulled away to cup his cheeks and use her thumb to wipe every tear that falls from his captivating brown orbs.

 

"Sweetheart it's not your fault, none of us wanted this to happen so don't blame yourself okay? What did the doctor say?" Mrs. Kim uttered, trying so hard to be strong and speak without stuttering as she knows that seeing her weak is the last thing that the Japanese needs right now.

 

"They said she won't be waking up soon but..." Saku paused, biting his lower lip as he avoided those eyes resembling his fiancée's brown pool. The older woman raised a brow, waiting for him to continue.

 

"Both her a-and our b-baby are fine." As soon as the lad said that, the room seems to have gone impos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter