Part VII

Just Stay With Me

“Jitang, what do you want to do tomorrow?” Mina asked Jisoo, they were currently Facetiming and watching a Marvel movie together. Jisoo thought for a moment and hummed, she rubbed Dalgom’s ears and she truthfully didn’t know what to do on their sixth day.

 

“Truthfully, Michu…” Jisoo paused.

 

“I just want to have a lazy day. Watching movies, playing video games, eating chicken, having a sleepover...I just want to spend time with you.” Jisoo smiled and looked at Mina. The younger girl felt herself blush on how Jisoo admitted of wanting to spend time with her.

 

“That sounds like a great idea, Jitangs.” Mina smiled, showing her gums. Jisoo swooned at Mina’s genuine smile. “You can sleep over at my dorm too, since I have my own room!” Jisoo exclaimed, she was excited for Mina to come over. “Oh okay, sounds great. Let me ask Jihyo first?” Mina said to the older girl. Jisoo nodded her head, “Take me with you!” Mina laughed out loud, “Alright, alright.”

 

Mina paused the movie, got up from her bed, and made her way to the TWICE’s common room. She found her leader lounging on the couch watching a drama with Nayeon, Sana, and Tzuyu. “Jihyo-ah, I was wondering if I can ask you something?” Mina stood near their flat screen television. The member’s eyes were all on Mina, they were wondering what she wanted to ask.

 

“Yeah, Minari. What did you need?” Jisoo asked her same aged member.

 

“I wanted to ask if I can sleep over at Jisoo unnie’s place for one night?” Mina had her hands together, twiddling her thumbs in nervousness. She locked eyes with Nayeon for a moment, then Mina quickly looked away. “That’s fine with me, Minari. Make sure that Jisoo unnie asks her members if it’s okay for you to sleep over.” Mina smiled and ran up to Jihyo to hug her.

 

“Thank you, Jihyo-ah!” Mina smiled widely and she could hear Jisoo cheering in joy. She had to take out of her earphone because Jisoo’s cheering. “Yah, Jisoo’s on the other line, let me see her.” Jihyo smiled and took her hand out to see the BLACKPINK member. Mina quickly nodded her head, gave Jihyo her iPhone and unplugged her earphones.

 

“Kim Jisoo, you take care of Minari, arasseo?” Jihyo asserted in a jokingly manner.

 

“I promise to take care of the precious Penguu, Myoui Mina.” Jisoo pursed her lips and gave her a military salute. Jihyo and Tzuyu let out a laugh on how Jisoo responded so cutely. On the other hand, Nayeon stayed silent and glanced at Mina.

 

“By the way Jibongs, I’ll let you know when if I drop Mina off late the next day, we have an evening event.” Jisoo mentioned, she didn’t want them to know that her and Mina were going to have a beach day. “Thanks for letting me know in advance, Jichoo,” Jihyo smiled and handed the phone back to Mina.

 

“Thanks again, Jihyo!” Mina expressed happily and made her back to their room.

 

..

 

I’ll be coming over around twelve, is that fine Jitang? Mina texted the older girl, they finished watching the movie and now were texting in bed. Jisoo replied back fast.

 

That’s fine Michu! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7fzkqLozwA

 

Mina noticed that Jisoo sent her another song. She opened the link and noticed it was one of Jisoo’s favorite artists at the moment.

 

Lau’s “I Like Me Better”

 

Plugging in her earphones, she opened the link and started to listen to the song.

 

Damn, I like me better when I'm with you

I like me better when I'm with you

I knew from the first time, I'd stay for a long time 'cause

I like me better when

I like me better when I'm with you

 

Mina’s eyes widened at the chorus. She blushed profusely and held her phone closer to her chest.

 

I like me better when I'm with you too, Kim Jisoo. Mina thought.

 

She lowered the volume on her phone, Mina wanted to listen to the song on repeat. The Japanese girl let out a tired yawn, her eyes feeling droopy. In a matter of minutes, Mina fell asleep.

 

..

 

Jisoo bravely sent the text message to Mina. She told Mina that Lauv was one of her favorite artists and the song she sent Mina was how Jisoo felt about the younger girl. Jisoo had to admit that sending an almost confession scared her. Would it affect her and Mina’s friendship.

 

Jisoo liked her herself better when Mina was with her.

 

She sent another message to Mina.

 

Michu, are you still awake?

 

Jisoo waited for thirty minutes and still got no reply from Mina. “Maybe she fell asleep already…” Jisoo said to her sleeping Dalgom. “Oh no I forgot to ask the members!” Jisoo got out her bed carefully, not wake up her dog.

 

Making her way to the living room, she was surprised that all her members were still awake. They were either watching the television or on their phone. “Member-deul…” Jennie, Chaeyoung, and Lisa all looked in Jisoo’s direction. “I wanted to ask you if Mina can sleep over tomorrow?”

 

Her younger members all looked at each other and looked back at their unnie. “I’m fine with that, Jichoo unnie,” Chaeyoung approved. “Yay, Minari is sleeping over, “Lisa jumped out of her seat and ran up to hug Jisoo. “Yah..Limario,” Jisoo whined and pouted.

 

Now all the members were waiting for Jennie’s response. Jisoo locked eyes with Jennie’s, wondering about what she was going to say. “It’s fine with me, Jichoo.” Jennie flashed her a small smile.

 

This made Jisoo smile wider, her eyes turning into small crescents.

 

“Thank you all!” Jisoo expressed.

 

By her members approval, made Jisoo more excited.

 

Jennie, on the other hand, her heart fluttered at the sight of Jisoo’s famous heart shaped smile. At the same time, her heart had a painful tug because she knew that smile was for Mina.

 

..

 

Mina woke up early and stretched her arms. After stretching, she automatically searched her phone. The song was still on repeat and she noticed that Jisoo texted her. Opening the message, she read:

 

Michu, are you still awake?

 

Her eyes widened, she must have fallen asleep on Jisoo and forgot to text her back. She texted Jisoo back fast.

 

Jitang, I’m sorry! I fell asleep on you and forgot to text you back. I absolutely love the song~

 

Mina thought for a moment and sent Jisoo a brave text message.

 

I like me better when I'm with you too, Kim Jisoo.

 

Mina threw her phone back into her bed, scared what will Jisoo respond back. Within a few minutes, Mina felt her own phone vibrate.

 

Jisoo texted her back.

 

I like me better when I'm with you too, Myoui Mina.

 

Mina’s heart fluttered when Jisoo sent that text message. Her phone vibrated, Jisoo sent another message.

 

Can’t wait to see you later, Michu~

 

..

 

Mina packed all of her belongings in a small duffle bag and another bag for their day at the beach. Members joked that Mina overpacked, she simply whined that they something planned the next day together. All the members bid her goodbye and Sana especially showered her with kisses on the cheek, saying she needed to give her kisses for when Mina was away from the dorms. The Japanese maknae noticed that Nayeon wasn’t there when Mina was about to leave.

 

She let out a sigh, Mina made her way out of the dorm.

 

..

 

Exactly at twelve, the doorbell rang and alerted all the BLACKPINK members that Mina was at the door. Jisoo got up from the couch and made her way to the door. Lisa beat her to it and she already opened the door to let Mina in.

 

“Minari!” Lisa rejoiced and threw her arms around Mina. This caught Mina off guard, where she was slightly uncomfortable at first, but then she hugged Lisa back. The BLACKPINK maknae made Mina drop her bags that Mina was holding and Jisoo grumbled, “Yah, Lalisa, you made Michu drop her bags!”

 

They pulled away from the hug and Jisoo helped Mina get her bags.

 

“Jitang unnie, I can grab those.” Mina still looked flustered from the Lisa’s hug.

 

“It’s okay, I’m going to put these in my room,” Jisoo smiled and proceeded to go to her room to Mina’s stuff down. Once she put Mina’s belongings down, she made her way back to the living room. Jisoo found Mina sitting on the couch where Lisa was still hugging her and clinging to her like a koala.

 

Jisoo took a seat next to Mina and chuckled at the sight of Lisa and Mina.

 

“Aigoo, you are so cute,”Jisoo commented.

 

“I know Jisoo unnie, Mina is so cute, “Lisa smiled and nuzzled her nose on Mina’s cheek. Jisoo noticed that younger girl was still blushing pink from Lisa’s skinship. “Yah Lisa, give Mina some space.”

 

Lisa grumbled slightly and pulled away from Mina.

 

There was a slight moment of silence when Jennie finally spoke up.

 

“Mina-ssi, I was wondering if I can pull you aside for a quick moment?” Jennie asked the younger girl. The remaining members all looked at Jennie and back at Mina, wondering what they wanted to discuss. Mina nodded her head and waited for Jennie to go a more secluded part of the dorm. She followed the older girl, Jennie opened the door to Jisoo’s room.

 

Once Mina step foot inside the room, Jennie closed the door. “Mina-ssi, I wanted to apologize for my behavior towards you the other day when you visited our dorm last time,” Jennie apologized and looked into Mina’s eyes.

 

She saw how Mina’s eyes widen at her apology and was terrified of Mina’s response. Jennie was the one that was shocked on what Mina did next.

 

The younger girl grabbed a hold of Jennie’s hand.

 

“Jennie unnie, it’s okay. I just thought that you were in an uneasy mood and I took up some space when I arrived,” Mina replied in her soft spoken voice. The main rapper could see how idols alike found Mina attractive. At this rate, Jennie swore she could fall for Mina too.

 

“So do you forgive me,” Jennie asked. Mina squeezed her hand and smiled that showed her gums.

 

“Jennie unnie, I don’t think you have to apologize. It was all a misunderstanding.” Mina elaborated.

 

Jennie smiled widely at the younger girl where Mina beamed back at her.

 

“Thank you, Mina-yah,” Jennie finally dropped her formal speech.

 

“I hope we become friends Jennie unnie,” Mina admitted. Jennie nodded her head and smiled again, “We should, I’ll make my way out first.” Mina nodded and watched Jennie exit the room. Mina looked around Jisoo’s room, she had a Pikachu, bunny, and Snoopy plush on her bed with a white duvet. On her light nightstand, she had a stack of books and some mangas near her bed. She had a white vanity make up table along with two modern looking dressers.

 

Mina was astounded by the amount of books Jisoo had, having a variety.

 

The members were probably wondering where Mina was. Mina exited the room and was already engulfed in a hug. She thought it was Lisa, but knew it was Jisoo.

 

“Because Lisa beat me to it,” Jisoo mumbled in Mina’s shoulder.

 

Mina closed her eyes and hugged Jisoo tighter.

 

..

 

They ordered jjangmyeon, tangsuyuk, and jamppong along with some dumplings. Jisoo suggested to watch a Harry Potter movie. Everyone agreed and began to eat. Mina and Jisoo brought their hands together and began to eat. Chaeyoung and Lisa glanced at the two and then back at each other.

 

Mina was definitely rubbing off Jisoo.

 

After the movie, Jisoo and Mina wanted to play Mario Kart. Chaeyoung and Lisa agreed to play, where Jennie just wanted to watch. Jennie laughed how Mina beat everyone on the notorious “Rainbow Road” and Lisa demanded a rematch.

 

“Heol, Mina is so good,” Jisoo pouted and lightly threw the Wii remote.

 

“A genius and a gamer, is there anything you can’t do?” Chaeyoung joked and waited for the next race.

 

“Probably ride a roller coaster, I’m scared of amusement park rides,” Mina remarked and chose the character Toad.

 

“Wow, you and Jisoo unnie are a lot alike,” Lisa commented and chose Luigi.

 

The room fell silent, the only noise coming from the game.

 

..

 

Jisoo and Mina played a bit of Overwatch before finally settling in Jisoo’s room. Mina had a great time spending time with the BLACKPINK members, where she smiled and laughed a lot. Members let Mina wash up first and told her good night. Jisoo told her to settle in her bed once she was done and will be joining her after she finished going to the bathroom.

 

Mina found herself staring at Jisoo’s book collection and one caught her eye.

 

Haruki Murakami’s Norwegian Wood.

 

She remembered the book when she read back in Japan and there was one quote that stood out to her. Taking the book from the top of the pile, she looked at the highlighted parts of the book that Jisoo marked.

 

The door opened to reveal a barefaced Jisoo and Dalgom trickling inside. Mina felt her heart beat faster when looking at Jisoo’s angelic face. “Cute pajamas,” Jisoo giggled, noticing Mina was wearing her notable penguin pajamas.

 

“Thanks Jitangs,” Mina smiled.

 

“Oh you read that book before?” Jisoo lifted up the sheets and joined Mina. “Yeah, I read it back home. One of my favorites is Sputnik Sweetheart,” Mina put the book down on the nightstand and laid down. The lights in Jisoo’s room was already dim, so Jisoo laid down next to Mina, facing her.

 

"What happens when people open their hearts?" Jisoo asked Mina.

 

Then Mina remembered the quote from the book.

 

"They get better.” She answered Jisoo in a soft whisper. Jisoo smiled and she finally had the chance to look at Mina’s beautiful features up close. Mina did the same thing as well, Jisoo was absolutely ethereal.

 

She’s beautiful, Mina thought.

 

Letting out a yawn, Mina felt her eyelids become heavy.

 

“Goodnight, Jitang,” Mina said in a drowsy voice.

 

“Goodnight, Michu,” Jisoo uttered.

 

Jisoo felt brave and took a deep breath, she kissed Mina’s forehead and caressed the younger girl's cheek.

 

Kim Jisoo was opening her heart and Myoui Mina was making it better.