Part V

Just Stay With Me

The two arrived at the aquarium, the ride to the destination was painfully awkward. Mina was nervous to speak up to Jisoo, who still looked upset. Jisoo bought the tickets at the entrance and gave Mina a smile that it didn’t quite reach her eyes. “Jitang, are you okay?” Mina held her hand.

 

“I’ll be okay, Michu.” Jisoo assured her and gave her a “Fighting” pose. “I just want to enjoy today with you.” Mina squeezed her hand, “I just don’t want you to bottle things up…” Mina gave her a pout.

 

Jisoo gave in.

 

She couldn’t resist that cute pout.

 

“I was upset with Jennie on how she didn’t greet you. She didn’t even acknowledge when you entered the room,” Jisoo told the younger girl. Mina nodded her head and didn’t know how to respond. “I’ll make sure to talk to her when I get home,” Jisoo reassured Mina.

 

“Now let’s go have fun!”

 

Jisoo spotted a booth with headbands on sale. “Let’s get some matching headbands!” She lead the way still holding onto Mina’s hand. “Pick which one you want!” Jisoo was excited and looked through the variety of headbands.

 

“Michu! Look at this one!” Jisoo was around the corner. Mina went in her direction and laughed at the BLACKPINK member. She had a starfish headband and began to sing, “ I'm gonna be a star

I'm gonna be I'm-I'm gonna be, I'm gonna be a star, Watch me do my thing!” Mina covered her face in second hand embarrassment. The TWICE member never liked that song.

 

“Yah, Jitang,” Mina pouted and looked at Jisoo with her puppy eyes.

 

Jisoo laughed and took off the headband, “Mianhe, I thought it was cute. But that pout of yours is cuter.” She poked Mina’s cheek in amusement. They looked into each other’s eyes for a moment and then looked the other way in embarrassment. Mina rubbed the back of her neck and scanned the headbands. One caught her eye.

 

“How about these?” Mina took two different headbands off the rack. They’re otters!” Mina smiled, looking in Jisoo’s direction. The older girl could already tell that Mina was super excited to see the sea creatures. “Aww, they are so cute! Yeah let’s get these!” Jisoo offered to pay for them , but Mina insisted because Jisoo paid for the tickets. Jisoo wrapped her arm around Mina’s, ready to explore the aquarium.

 

..

 

Jisoo loved the look on Mina’s face when she saw her favorite animals. The look of pure excitement and bliss of seeing the sharks, otters, and especially penguins. Mina was super excited and started to state facts to Jisoo about how much she knew about her favorite animals.The aquarium staff even allowed them to look at a baby penguin in an exclusive tour. She had to admit that Mina looked absolutely adorable meeting her “family” members.

 

The BLACKPINK member captured many photos of Mina and the penguins. “Jitang, take a picture with my family too!” Mina showed her gummy smile and tapped her feet in excitement. Jisoo knew why her members named her “Minguin.” She gave her phone to the staff member and posed with Mina.

 

The older girl made sure to take photos with Mina since they didn’t take much photos yesterday. They took photos of each other and bought some watermelon juice while looking at the marine life. The duo were now on the way to the otter exhibit. Mina was excited and Jisoo had to pick up her pace to catch up with her.

 

“Jitangs, come look!” Mina pointed over to the otters that were sleeping. “Heol, daebak!” Jisoo smiled widely, looking at the two mammals holding hands. “You know why otters hold hands while they sleep?” Mina asked, Jisoo shook her head.

 

“They hold onto each other while sleeping to keep from drifting away from one another.” Mina cooed at the otters and looked back at Jisoo. She smiled widely and grabbed a hold of Jisoo’s hand. “That’s absolutely adorable, Michu.”

 

“Oh look at the two over there! It’s an umma and and her aegi!”

 

“Aww, they are so cute!”

 

Mina and Jisoo had a wonderful time at the aquarium and wanted to grab some dinner before going back to their dorms.

 

..

 

While Mina and Jisoo were enjoying their day out, Nayeon got a call from Jennie who seemed to be crying on the phone. She quickly changed and made her way to the BLACKPINK dorm. Nayeon rushed to their dorm and rang the doorbell. Lisa opened the door and let Nayeon inside. She made her way to Jennie’s room, who was laying down in her bed crying.

 

“Baby, what’s wrong?” Nayeon hugged her and kissed her forehead. Jennie continued to cry when she noticed it was Nayeon who was the one hugging her, she hugged her tightly. She was still crying on Nayeon’s chest, no words coming out.

 

All Nayeon can do was hold Jennie and plant kisses on her forehead.

 

Jennie’s cries started to subside. She looked up to Nayeon, who kissed her cheek.

 

“Jichu unnie, she got upset with me. Really upset me that she ignored me.” Nayeon wiped her stray tears with the pads of her thumb. “What happened that made her upset with you?” The older girl asked her girlfriend. “I didn’t greet Mina when she came by our dorm this afternoon. I guess she saw me…”

 

Nayeon nodded her head, not knowing how to react on how her girlfriend didn’t greet her own member.

 

“Maybe you should apologize to Jisoo and Mina?” Nayeon suggested and rubbed her back.

 

Jennie nodded her head and kissed Nayeon on the lips.

 

“Thank you Nabongs, now let’s take a nap.” The main rapper laid both of them on her bed. Jennie was still facing Nayeon and captured Nayeon’s lips with hers. Nayeon softly caressed Jennie’s cheek and kissed her back.

 

In the back of Jennie’s mind, she thought about Jisoo’s lips.

 

..

 

After having dinner, Mina dropped Jisoo off and walked with her to her dorm. Being outside the door, Mina spoke up, “Jitang, thank you for choosing the aquarium. I had so much fun with you.” Jisoo smiled and laughed, “Today was so much fun!”

 

“Oh, I forgot to give you your hat,” Mina was about to reach in her purse and give it to Jisoo, but the older girl stopped her. “It’s okay, mint green looks good on you,” Jisoo smiled and intertwined their fingers together. Mina blushed and looked down, not wanting to meet Jisoo’s eyes. “It’s your turn to pick what we do tomorrow,” Jisoo mentioned and gave Mina’s hand a small squeeze.

 

“Why don’t we go to the movies with Lisa and Tzuyu tomorrow?” Mina suggested. Truthfully, she wanted to go the movies already so she can spend more time with Jisoo. “That sounds good to me, I’ll tell Limario when I get inside.” The proximity of their bodies were close, their faces were centimeters apart. Jisoo glanced at Mina’s mole on the bridge of her nose, and tried her best to not to look in her eyes.

 

Mina could feel Jisoo’s hitched breath on her cheeks, she was staring at Jisoo’s heart shaped lips. The younger girl was tempted to kiss her on the lips, but she reminded herself that Jisoo was still was in love with Jennie.

 

“Jitang, I’ll text you tomorrow?” Mina flashed her a nervous smile. Jisoo nodded her head, “It’s getting pretty late, “Jisoo joked and checked the time on her phone. “It’s 7:30,” Mina laughed out loud, “We can just Facetime each other when I get back?” Mina asked.

 

Jisoo nodded her head, “We do need a break from playing and I get to see your face,” Mina blushed, “Yahhh.”

 

“Also your aegyo? Heol, I’m getting fed tonight,” Jisoo joked to the younger girl.

 

Mina blushed again, she wasn’t used to someone praising her for her aeygo.

 

“Text me when you get back?” Jisoo rubbed her shoulder and nodded. Mina smiled and hugged the older girl, surprising Jisoo. She waved back at Jisoo, where the elevator opened and went inside. Jisoo waited for Mina until the doors closed.

 

Jisoo stayed in front of the door, bringing her hand to chest.

 

Her heart was beating fast, butterflies were fluttering in her stomach.

 

..

 

Jitang, I’m back home~ Let me change into my pajamas and wash up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiZc6C_e8zM Something to add to your playlist!

 

Jisoo smiled when she go the text from Mina. There was an awkward moment between her and Mina, but they were already went past it. Maybe I’ll bring it up when we Facetime, Jisoo thought. She noticed that Mina sent her a song link for her to listen to. She now had to keep track of the songs Mina sent her.

 

She walked over to her room with Dalgom following her, Jisoo let out a small gasp when she saw Jennie sitting on her bed. “Jennie, what are you doing in here?” Jisoo asked curiously. She looked at younger girl, it looked like she cried where her eyes were swollen and red.

 

“Jisoo unnie, I just wanted to apologize to you for being rude to you when Mina came,” Jennie’s eyes were downcast and fiddled with her fingers. Jisoo took off her otter headband and sat across the younger girl. The eldest unnie let out a sigh, “I appreciate you looking back at your actions, but it shouldn’t be me you have to apologize to. You should apologize to Mina.”

 

She made sure to look into Jennie’s eyes, she was being serious.

 

Jennie nodded her head furiously, “I will, Jichu. Are you still upset with me?” She was scared of Jisoo’s answer and stayed silent for a moment. “I was upset with you at that moment, Mina had helped me talk it out.” The mention Mina made Jennie’s heart put a string.

 

“Soo,” Jennie slowed, “Are we okay now?”

 

Jisoo nodded her head, “We are okay, Jennie.” The younger girl still wondered why Jisoo didn’t used her nickname. Jennie showed a small smile and wondered, “I was wondering if I can sleep with you tonight?” The older girl hesitated for a moment, “I don’t think we should anymore, Jendeuk.”

 

“Why?” Jennie’s voice cracked.

 

“I know you are dating Nayeon and I want to respect your relationship with her,” Jisoo reasoned. “I’ll ask her if it's okay, you’re my best friend, Jichu.” Jennie felt her heart break and quickly left the room.

 

“That’s all I’ll ever be,” Jisoo whispered to herself.

 

..

 

Mina was finished getting ready for bed and finally laid down, she called Jisoo through Facetime. It rang five times about until Jisoo picked up. She smiled and it quickly faded by the look of Jisoo’s face. “Are you okay, Jitang?” Jisoo’s eyebrows were scrunched along with her heart shaped lips were shaped into a frown.

 

Letting out a sigh, Jisoo explained, “I just told Jennie that we shouldn’t share a bed anymore since she’s with Nayeon.” Mina responded back, “I see…” Jisoo let out another sigh, “I want her to respect her and Nayeon’s relationship, I think if we keep sleeping in the same bed I’m not respecting their boundaries.”

 

Mina nodded her head in understanding, “I understand. Maybe I should tell Nayeon to stop too, when I’m already sleeping, she finds her way to my bed,” It was the first time she admitted it to Jisoo. “Who knew they would both be deukie (sticky/clingy)?” Jisoo chuckled and looked at Mina. She started to count the beauty marks on Mina’s face, noticing how it looked like a star constellation.

 

“I liked the song that you sent me,” Jisoo smiled and changed the topic. Mina smiled widely and randomly asked, “What is your favorite book?” Jisoo hummed and answered, “ I love Harry Potter!”

“Me too!” Mina exclaimed. “Favorite color?” Mina asked.

 

“Purple!” Jisoo said cutely.

 

“Me too!” Mina giggled, showing her gums when she smiled.

 

The two talked about their families, dreams, and aspirations. They talked about their dislikes and interests. Jisoo suddenly felt light when talked to Mina, she no longer felt the pain in her heart when she thought about Jennie and knew she had no chance with her. Mina liked how Jisoo was a good listener, where she didn’t feel judged and it made her heart beat a few beats faster.

 

..

 

Mina woke up earlier than usual, she excited to Jisoo again. Their Facetime conversation had made them closer and gave them a deeper understanding of each other. Mina noticed that Jisoo sent her a song link to a song before they went to sleep.

 

Cherry Blossom Ending- Busker Busker

 

She texted Jisoo when she went to the living room

 

Jitang, good morning! I am happy about our conversation last night and I’m grateful for you, Jitang Did you sleep well? Are you ready for the movies today with Tzuyu and Lisa?

 

Mina was surprised that Jisoo texted her back so early in the morning.

 

Good morning, Michu~ I’m really thankful for you and I’m happy that we had a chance to have a deep talk with you! I slept well and now I’m refreshed more than ever! I’m ready for the movies today but you have to be careful with Limario kekeke

 

“Unnie, who are you texting so early in the morning?” Mina turned to the sound of Tzuyu’s voice and covered up her phone screen. “I was texting Jisoo unnie, about how we are taking you and Lisa to the movies today.”

 

“Mina unnie really?” Tzuyu smiled widely, jumping up and down.

 

“Yes, really,” Mina smiled at their tall, adorable maknae who tackled her on the couch. “I knew unnie would never break a promise,” Tzuyu cuddled Mina, wrapping her arms around the Japanese girl. “You are my favorite hehe,” Mina whispered in Tzuyu’s ear.

 

“Yah unnie, we heard that!” She glanced in the hallway, finding Chaeyoung and Dahyun who just woke up. Jeongyeon let out a big laugh while Sana and Momo smiled at their interaction. “And Mina unnie is my favorite unnie!” Tzuyu announced and kissed her on the cheek, making the older girl blush.

 

“Really Tzu?” Jihyo crossed her arms and pouted. “Really Really.” Tzuyu smiled. Dahyun and Chaeyoing ran all the way to pile on top of Mina, where Sana, Momo, Jeongyeon joined after them. Jihyo laughed and joined in. Nayeon was the last one to enter and smiled at her members.

 

Mina felt her phone vibrate under the member dog pile and made an excuse to get out of it, “You guys...my knee is starting to hurt.” Everyone’s eyes widened and Jihyo yelled, “Everyone get up!” The members got up quickly, where they tumbled to the floor. “Mitang are you alright?” Sana was the first one to get up. “I think I’ll be fine, thank you for the cuddles this morning,” Mina giggled and flashed her gummy smile.

 

Members started to make breakfast and lounged around the living room, Mina checked her phone.

 

I’ll meet you and Tzuyu at your dorm, around the same time? We can pick the movie when we get there!

 

Mina smiled and texted her back.

 

That’s fine! Did you eat breakfast already?

 

The older girl texted back immediately. I’m watching Chaeyoung make breakfast, how about you?

 

Some members are still cooking and we had a cuddle puddle with me on the bottom kekeke.

 

Jisoo texted back. That sounds like fun! Did you like the song I sent you?

 

Mina responded back. I loved it, I swear I can see the cherry blossoms being flown away in the wind.

 

“Tzuyu, be ready around noon please,” Mina mentioned and was looking for the tall maknae. “Got it unnie!”

 

Jisoo texted Mina back. Kekeke~

 

Mina saw that Jisoo sent another for her to listen to. Now she had to find two songs to send to Jisoo.

 

..

 

Jisoo and Lisa met Mina and Tzuyu at their dorm, they were now on their way to the movie theater. Jisoo was slightly annoyed, where Lisa clinged onto Mina like a koala. On the other hand, Tzuyu was being quiet and smiling at Mina, who was getting Lisa’s affection. “So what movie should we watch?” Jisoo asked the younger girls.

 

“Tzuyu, have anything in mind?” Mina asked the TWICE maknae.

 

“What about Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again?” Tzuyu suggested. Lisa nodded her head long with Mina and Jisoo. “Sounds good,” Mina went to pay for the tickets and then handed them out. Once they were in the theater, they automatically went to the concession stand (Lisa was very excited). “Go ahead and pick what you want,” Mina smiled.

 

Lisa ordered popcorn, nachos, and a pretzel. Tzuyu settled for some popcorn and a soda. Jisoo and Mina decided to share their food consisting of popcorn, chicken, nachos, and some churros. “Jisoo unnie, I want to sit next to Minari!” Lisa whined, carrying her box of snacks.

 

“But we are sharing food,” Jisoo argued, carrying the snacks for her and Mina.

 

“Why don’t I just sit in the middle?” Mina suggested who was carrying the drinks. Lisa shrugged and smiled, “Fine with me, how about you unnie?” Jisoo puffed her cheeks, nodding her head. They finally found their seats in the middle of the theater. The lights started to dim and the movie previews started, now the girls were excited for the movie to play.

 

..

 

Mina loved the songs throughout the movie especially “Dancing Queen” and “Waterloo.” She saw Lisa, Tzuyu, and Jisoo were enjoying the movie where they were dancing to the song in their seats. Mina saw Lisa wipe some tears on how the main character’s deceased mother was singing with her. She looked over to Jisoo and smiled.

 

The Japanese girl grabbed a hold of Jisoo’s hand and continued watching the movie.

 

The movie ended with a song, “Super Trouper” Cher, Meryl Streep, and Amanda Seyfried all in the ending scene. Finally showing the movie credits, all the girls gathered their belongings and trash. “That movie was daebak, good choice Tzuyu,” Lisa commented.

 

“It was a great movie, I wonder who sang all the songs in it,”Jisoo wondered. “The group is Abba from Sweden and Mamma Mia is considered a jukebox musical movie. It’s created using pre-existing songs,” Mina said in a matter-of-fact tone.

 

“Heol, Michu is so smart,” Jisoo smiled widely, poking Mina’s cheek. She was very impressed.“She’s the genius of TWICE, unnie,” Tzuyu smiled and stood next to Lisa.

 

Mina and Tzuyu dropped off Jisoo and Lisa, they thanked Mina for today. “Text me on the way home, Michu!” Jisoo waved at Mina when they were descending down the elevator. On the way back to the car, Tzuyu spoke up, “Mina unnie, do you like Jisoo unnie?”

 

Her jaw dropped and no words came out.

 

“I mean we are friends…”

 

Tzuyu nodded her head, “I think you two would be a cute couple.”

 

Mina was left speechless, her heart fluttering of the thought of her and Jisoo being together.