Part VI

Just Stay With Me

“I think you two would be a cute couple.”

 

“I think you two would be a cute couple.”

 

What Tzuyu said, kept repeating in Mina’s mind. It was all a blur when Mina entered the dorm, greeting her members, and laying down on the couch. She stared up at the ceiling and kept thinking of what Tzuyu said and Jisoo kept appearing on her mind.

 

“Is Mina unnie okay?” Tzuyu was standing in the hallway next to Sana, who whispered to her unnie. Mina didn’t even notice the two members standing and looking at her. “What did you say to her, Tzu?” Sana whispered back. “I just told her that her and Jisoo unnie would be a cute couple, if they were together,” Tzuyu whispered and shrugged.

 

“Oh that’s the reason why. They would look cute together.” Sana whispered back. Mina was so out of it, she didn’t feel her phone vibrating above her head. Sana tiptoed to where Mina’s phone was and picked up her phone. She made her way back to Tzuyu and they both looked at Mina’s phone screen.

 

There were all messages from Jisoo.

 

Michu, did you and Tzuyu get home safely?

 

Do still want to play Overwatch tonight, Michu?

 

Michu~ Did you fall asleep?

 

I listened to the song you sent me, Michu~ It was so good :D

 

“Unnie this is an invasion of privacy…” Tzuyu glanced at Sana and Mina who was still in a daze. All of a sudden, it was an incoming Facetime call.

 

Kim Jitang would like to Facetime…

 

The two looked at each other, then at Mina who was still staring at the ceiling. It rang four times until Sana swiped right. “MICHU!” Jisoo appeared on the screen with her dog, Dalgom.

 

“Oyying!” Jisoo hid her face into Dalgom’s. Sana and Tzuyu giggled at Jisoo’s reaction. “Jisoo unnie, sorry. We have Mina unnie’s phone.” Tzuyu replied and pressed on the screen to show Mina on the couch. “Is Mich- Mina okay?” Jisoo’s concern showed in her voice.

 

“I think she’s over analyzing the movie, unnie. We can hand you over to her,” Tzuyu suggested, walking over to Mina. “Minari, someone wants to talk to you,” Sana said loudly this time. The TWICE maknae brought over Mina’s phone and showed Jisoo on the screen.

 

“Michu?” Jisoo said through the phone. When Mina came face to face with Jisoo, she automatically yelped and covered her face with her hands. “It’s just me, Michu,” Jisoo chuckled, hearing aegyo in her voice. “We’ll leave you two alone. C’mon Tzu.” Sana dragged Tzuyu out of the common room.

 

Once Mina and Jisoo were finally alone, Jisoo asked, “Are you okay, Michu?” She was concerned, Mina seemed fine when they went to the movies a while ago. She saw how the younger girl puffed out her cheeks, “It might be the food we ate the movies, Jitang. Sorry for not texting you when me and Tzuyu went home.”

 

“It’s alright, I was just worried that you never texted me back. I have an idea for what we can do for tomorrow!” Jisoo told Mina excitedly. Mina smiled at the older girl, “What is your great idea, Ms.Kim Jisoo?” She laughed and joked with the BLACKPINK member.

 

“Ayyye, Ms. Myoui Mina,we are going to volunteer at a dog shelter!” Jisoo announced and showed her partner in crime, Dalgom. “That is a great idea, Ms. Kim Jisoo,” Mina showed her gummy smiled, she loved how Jisoo was still playing along.

 

“It is a great idea, Ms. Kim Mina,” Jisoo joked and laughed through the phone. When Jisoo made that joke, Nayeon had walked through the door. “Michu, is that Nabongs? Can I say hi?” Jisoo asked. Mina nodded her head and went up to her with her phone, “Nayeon unnie, Jisoo unnie wants to say hi to you.” Jisoo noticed that Mina’’s voice changed tones when talking to the eldest TWICE unnie.

 

“Hi Nabongs! You know I still cuddle with the bunny plush you gave me for my birthday.” Jisoo smiled at her friend since they were trainee days. Nayeon flashed Jisoo a smile not reaching her eyes, “Hi Sooya, I’m happy that you still use it. I’m going to back to my room now, I’m pretty tired. I’ll see you later, Sooya?” Jisoo saw her and nodded her head, “Rest well, Nabongs!” Mina gave a glance and nod to her Nayeon unnie, who exited the room.

 

Mina grabbed her headphones and connected it with her iPhone. Now her members no longer heard Jisoo from her phone, it was just the two of them. “It must be hard with nine members huh? No privacy.” Jisoo commented. She saw how Mina was descending down the stairs and leading her somewhere.

 

“I love them, but sharing a room with three gets pretty difficult,” Mina admitted, she settled at the basement closet, where all the members leave their clothes and belongings. “Sometimes I want to share a room with my members, having a room to myself gets lonely. We barely go out of our room from time to time,” Jisoo admitted to Mina.

 

“Where are you now?” Jisoo asked, laying down on her bed.

 

“Right now, I’m in our storage room. Luckily have futons, pillows, and blankets here.” Mina let out a yawn and smiled tiredly at the older girl. “The movie got you sleepy?” Jisoo asked, Mina nodded her head. “Must have been all the unhealthy food we ate,” Mina giggled.

 

“Why don’t you take a nap?” Jisoo suggested, she felt kind of sad since she wouldn’t be talking to Mina. When Mina yawned, Jisoo let out a yawn.”You should take a nap too, Jitang,” Mina let out a tired laugh.

 

“Do you want me to hang up?” Jisoo turned over and turned her phone sideways. She was waiting for Mina’s response.

 

“Just stay with me.”

 

Mina’s voice was barely audible, Jisoo saw that Mina fell asleep quickly. She heard her soft breathing on the other line. Jisoo smiled at the sleeping girl, admiring how beautiful Mina looked even when sleeping.

 

“I’ll stay with you, Michu.”

 

The last thing Jisoo saw was Mina’s serene face, joining Mina in her sleep.

 

The last thought was of Mina, on how she gave Jisoo an unexplainable feeling in her heart.

 

..

 

“Mitang, wake up…”

 

Mina was gently woken up by two members, Jeongyeon and Momo. She looked at her phone, Jisoo was still napping in her room. “We have been looking for you everywhere, Mitang. Why were you sleeping here?” Jeongyeon asked, touching Mina’s shoulder. “I wanted to talk to Jisoo unnie and I thought I was being loud, so I settled down here.” Mina made eye contact with Momo, who nodded her head in understanding.

 

She stretched her arms, made sure to mute her microphone to let Jisoo sleep more. “What time is it?” Mina asked her members. “It’s 8:30.” Momo gave her an awkward face. “No way! I’ve been sleeping for three and a half hours!” Mina brought her hand to by all the shock.

 

“I guess someone is going to play video games with a certain someone super late,” Jeongyeon teased and ruffled her hair.

 

“Unnie…” Mina pouted and whined.

 

“C’mon Minari, you need to eat dinner.”

 

..

 

Jisoo woke up by Dalgom her face, she groaned and stretched her arms. Dalgom wanted to be petted, she made sure he got her affection. She checked her phone to see Mina now eating dinner with her headphones in. “Oh Jitang you’re awake!”

 

“It’s 8:50.” Mina told the older girl.

 

“Mwoh?” Jisoo shot out bed and got out of her room. She found her members watching television or they were on their phones. “Oh Jisoo unnie, you are awake now. Dinner is left on the table,” Chaeyoung looked up from her phone.

 

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” Jisoo pouted. “Unnie, we wanted to but you looked so cute with Mitangs, I even took a photo,” Lisa showed her unnie. It was Jisoo passed out, Dalgom cuddling next to her, and Mina was on the screen sleeping.

 

“Yah send me that!”

 

..

 

Mina got a text message from Jisoo of her and Jisoo knocked out. She laughed out loud and sent one of her and Jisoo on the screen.

 

So since we took a nap, we are going to sleep late…

 

Mina texted her back quickly.

 

We are finally having a video game all nighter?

 

Jisoo texted back fast.

 

MICHU YOU READ MY MIND, ON IN FIVE

 

They played Overwatch till it was two o’clock in the morning. Mina and Jisoo were finally sleepy again, returning to their bed. Mina was about to fall asleep, just then her phone had an incoming Facetime call. She accepted the call and saw Jisoo laying down in dim lighting.

 

“Just stay on Facetime with me, Michu,” Jisoo said in a husky voice, staying up late affected her voice.

 

“Okay, Jitang. Good night...See you tomorrow.’ Mina yawned.

 

“Thank you for staying with me, Jichu.” She said to Mina, already knowing that Mina fell asleep. That night, Jisoo finally slept with a smile on her face.

 

..

 

Jisoo woke up surprisingly early around eight in the morning. Truthfully, she really wanted to see Mina’s sleeping face. Her face is like an angel, Jisoo thought and smiled at sleeping younger girl. The older girl started making her way towards the kitchen, she assumed her members were still sleeping in their room.

 

She still had her phone with her, occasionally looking at Mina who was still sleeping soundly. Jisoo was in a happier mood, she decided to make breakfast for her members. Jisoo immediately thought of Mina and her love for ketchup, she went into the refrigerator and took a carton of eggs. She started cooking the eggs, phone still in hand. Jisoo thought about the song she sent Mina the other day and started to sing, Busker Busker’s, “Cherry Blossom Ending”

 

As the spring wind blows

The scattering cherry blossom petals

Spread out on this street

As we walk together

 

..


 

Mina’s eyes fluttered opened at the sound of Jisoo’s singing. She flashed a drowsy smile, her own heart fluttering. Stretching her arms, Mina noticed her members were still sleeping. She exited the room quietly and sang back to her.

When the wind blows,

my heart sounds to pound without knowing

When the wind blows,

from way over there, I keep seeing you

 

“Oh Michu you are finally awake! Good morning” She saw Jisoo smile widely through the phone. “Good morning, Jitang. Did you sleep well?” Mina greeted her and asked. “I did, Jichu.”

 

The two continue to talk and laugh until they were going to meet up later that day, but they failed to notice Nayeon and Jennie hearing them sing to each other and laughing along with smiling effortlessly.

 

..

 

Once Mina made her way to Jisoo’s dorm, they were off to volunteer at the dog shelter. Jisoo was such in a good mood today, she held onto Mina’s hand the whole car ride. On the other hand, Mina was a panicked mess and knew she was turning into a shade of pink. She knew that Jisoo still loved Jennie and didn’t have the courage to ask her yet.

 

“Michu, we’re here! What’s going on in your pretty little head of yours?” Jisoo caressed her forehead and flicked it softly. “I’m just thinking about all the doggies in the shelter,” Mina assured the older girl and patted her cheek. They arrived at their destination and now they were told by the staff members they can clean up their droppings and refilling their food. Once they were done, they could go and pet the dogs.

 

Mina scanned all of the dogs in the cages and immediately thought of her English cream dachshund, Ray. “Ready?” Jisoo nudged her and handed out pink gloves. She nodded her head and smiled, “Ready.” They helped each other and coming to the last dog in the shelter, Mina felt her eyes tear up.

 

“You look like my Ray…’ She whispered, but Jisoo heard it.

 

“How old is Ray?” Jisoo asked. “He’s twelve...I remembered I begged my parents to get a dog, I was nine. When we got him my nose started bleeding,” Mina laughed at the memorable story of getting Ray. “Heol, daebak,” Jisoo said to her and laughed, she crouched down and began to pet the dog. “That’s a great story, Michu.”

 

“I don’t go out a lot when I’m home in Japan, we usually cuddle together and he follows me around, He’s one of my best friends” Mina smiled when she talked about her dog. “At least your PD-nim allows dogs in your dorm,” Mina commented.

 

“Dalgommie helps me a lot when I get sleep paralysis. He comforts me,” Jisoo gave Mina a smile. “He’s usually shy and quiet, but he has bad separation anxiety. I’m happy he chose me and I chose him,” Jisoo petted the dachshund.

 

“At this rate, we might adopt all these dogs,”Mina laughed and patted the dog, who was in her lap. “Dalgom needs a sibling,” Jisoo pouted.

 

“Maybe, Ray-chan can be,” Mina smiled and locked eyes with Jisoo.

 

“Maybe, he can.’ Jisoo smiled back and grabbed a hold of Mina’s hand.

 

In that moment, Jisoo’s heart was full.

 

After cleaning all of the dog’s cot along with refilling their food and giving them love, they wanted to help the cat adoption side. Most of the cats were friendly and always begged for pets. They also took pictures of each other along with a few selfies of today’s events. The day before Jisoo and Mina took pictures before the movie, they wanted to remind themselves of the good memories of past events.

 

..

 

Jisoo made sure Mina made it before her eight o’clock curfew and they were just casually texting each other. Mina was lying down on her bed, when Nayeon entered their shared room. Their eyes met and Mina gave her a small smile. The older girl smiled back at her and sat on her own bed.

 

There was a pregnant pause until Nayeon spoke up. “Minari, what is Jisoo to you?”

 

Mina’s eyes widened and was utterly shocked on what Nayeon asked.

 

“Unnie, me and Jisoo unnie are friends. Why do you ask?” Mina hesitated to answer. Now it was Nayeon’s turn to look shocked. Nayeon hummed, “I was just wondering, since you always been out since our break. You two seem pretty close.”

 

Mina nodded her head, “We are just trying to see each other before our schedules get hectic” There was another pause between the two members. “Unnie, how are you and Jennie?” Mina asked. Nayeon stayed silent, “We are good, had a few misunderstandings but we resolved them.” The younger girl nodded her head in understanding, not wanting to pry her unnie any longer.

 

“Oh that’s Jennie calling…” Nayeon looked at her phone.

 

“I’ll let you and Jennie unnie have some privacy,” Mina showed her notable gummy smile and left the room. In Nayeon’s heart, she swore she had some butterflies flutter in her stomach.


 

 

I think I have an idea what to do tomorrow.

 

Jisoo read the text Mina sent her. She let out a sigh, her week hanging out with Mina was coming to an end soon. how She knew she had to make it count and wanted to make the best memories with the younger girl.

 

What do you have in mind, Michu?

 

Mina was quick to text Jisoo back.

 

I want to go to a sauna! I have never been to one since I’ve been in Korea. Is that okay with you, Jitangs?

 

Jisoo smiled on how considerate Mina was.

 

That sounds like a great idea, Michu! I love saunas :D

 

..

 

Jisoo and Mina still played a bit of video games, the non stop texting, and now the Facetime pillow talking. Jisoo noticed that Jennie stayed her distance and only had one word responses when they had a conversation. As much it hurt Jisoo to see Jennie with Nayeon, she felt warm when she was with Mina.

 

The BLACKPINK member was on her way to pick up Mina and now they were off to the sauna. They now changed into their sauna attire, orange shirt and shorts. “I want to have on one of those sheep heads,” Mina pouted at the various people who had one on their head.

 

“Here I can teach you,”Jisoo proposed and got her towel. “First, you fold into thirds,” Mina followed Jisoo’s directions, nodding her head. “Now you roll the ends,” Mina was still rolling the ends of the towels and then Jisoo put her finished sheep head towel on Mina’s head.

 

“Thanks, Jitang,” Mina smiled, once she finished hers, Mina put her sheep head on Jisoo’s head.

 

“Let’s take a photo,” Jisoo suggested and sat next to Mina, taking out her phone and snapping a photo with their sheep heads towels. They went to a sauna room shaped like an igloo and laid down. “Wow it’s hot in here,” Mina commented on the heat.

 

“Michu, we are in a sauna,” Jisoo laughed and wiped Mina’s sweat off her brow. “How about we get out of here in ten minutes, then we can get eggs and some sikhye?”

 

“Please let these ten minutes go by fast.” Mina said and wiped Jisoo’s sweat coming down her face.

 

For Jisoo, she didn’t want time to go fast when she was with Mina.