Part I

Just Stay With Me

Mina could feel her heart sink, it’s weight feeling so heavy it made her stomach hurt. Nayeon just told the group she was in a relationship with BLACKPINK’s main rapper, Jennie. They have been dating for about six months and they finally decided it was time to tell their respective groups. Both groups have had their summer releases and were now on Music Bank to promote their songs.

 

The Japanese maknae was too late.

 

She hated how she watched fancams of her and Nayeon. Mina was always pining over Nayeon, but the eldest unnie had her attention towards another member. Maybe we are too different, Mina thought. She noticed that they had an awkward space between each other. When Nayeon made the announcement, members looked at her crestfallen. Members- Momo, Sana, and Jihyo all knew that Mina had a big crush on the eldest TWICE member.

 

All the members congratulated Nayeon, Mina gave a her a smile and gave her a one armed hug. “Congrats to you and Jennie unnie, Nayeon unnie.” Mina wanted to cry. “Thank you, Mina.” Nayeon smiled widely. She made her way out of the waiting room and told Jihyo that she was going to the restroom.

 

Mina trudged slowly to the restroom and then she heard someone sob heavily down the hall. Concerned, she made her way to the sound. She encountered a black-haired girl who was covering her face while she cried. Her sobs started to overtake her body and her breaths started to become staggered. Mina thought for a moment on what to say to the unknown girl.

 

She mustered up the courage and wrapped her arms around the girl.

 

The TWICE member didn’t who she was, but Mina knew she needed comfort. She had to admit it felt nice to feel the warmth from another person. Rubbing the girl’s back in comforting circles, she wrapped her arms around Mina.

 

Mina lost track of time and still did not know who the crying girl is. She calmed down and now her tears were staining Mina’s stage outfit.

 

“Thank you, Chaeyoung-ah.” The girl mumbled into Mina’s neck. The girl finally pulled away from Mina’s embrace and her eyes widened at the sight of Mina.

 

BLACKPINK’s Jisoo.

 

“I’m sorry, Mina-ssi. I thought you were Rosé.” Jisoo felt embarrassed and a pink tint started to appear on her cheeks. Both of them were still in each other’s embrace, Mina let out a chuckle. “It’s okay, Jisoo unnie. I was on my way to the restroom and heard someone who needed to be there for them.”Mina noticed how Jisoo’s lips are really shaped like a heart.

 

Only if Jisoo would smile.

 

“Thank you so much, Mina-ssi,” Jisoo finally showed her notable smile to Mina. It made Mina smile wider, showing her gums. Jisoo noted Mina’s gummy smile and swore her heart skipped a beat. “Jisoo unnie… I was wondering why you were crying?” Mina asked her quietly.

 

Jisoo let out a sigh, “Someone I love, just told me that they are in a relationship,” The eldest BLACKPINK member started to tear up and tears were threatening to fall. “Oh unnie…” Mina got of their embrace, to take something out of her stage outfit. She took out a purple handkerchief and wiped Jisoo’s tear stained cheeks.

 

It was Mina’s turn to sigh.

 

“The person I like, told me they are dating someone too,” Mina pouted and tried her best not to let her tears fall. “I was too late to confess to them…” Jisoo hugged Mina tighter, knowing it was her turn to comfort Mina. They stood in that position in a comfortable silence and Jisoo finally spoke up. “Mina-ssi..”

 

“We should be friends,” Jisoo pulled away and smiled at the younger girl.

 

“Friends...I’d love that, unnie.” Mina smiled back at her.

 

Maybe being friends would help Mina and Jisoo get over their own heartbreak.

 

“We should exchange-”Mina brought up and was immediately cut off by someone screaming her name down the hall.

 

“Myoui Mina!”

 

“Yah Mina, where are you?”

 

Jisoo and Mina immediately pulled away from each other, but remained holding hands. They gave each other a look of panic and prepared for what was to come. “There you are, Mi-” Nayeon finally spotted Mina, but she wasn’t alone. Her eyes drifted how she saw Mina and Jisoo holding hands. The eldest TWICE member was wondering why they didn’t pull away. “Jisoo-ah!” Nayeon shook off the feeling when she saw her friend, Jisoo. “Hi Nabongs!” Jisoo smiled at her same aged friend.

 

“I- I mean, we were just looking for Mina since it’s our time for rehearsal on stage,” Nayeon told Jisoo. Jihyo trailed behind Nayeon and noticed the duo still holding hands. “Oh Mitang is with our Jisoo unnie?” TWICE’s leader flashed them a smile, she was concerned for Mina and her reaction towards Nayeon’s dating news.

 

“Jibongs, Nabongs, Mina helped me find something today and we decided to be friends.” Jisoo smiled and held tighter to Mina’s hand. Nayeon and Jihyo were utterly surprised on how Mina and Jisoo dropped their formal speech towards each other. They looked over to Mina who had a shy smile on her face.

 

“I shouldn’t have kept Mina for too long, but I’ll talk to you all soon!” Jisoo showed her aegyo and gave each TWICE member a hug. When she hugged Mina, she stayed in Mina’s embrace a little bit longer. “See you all later,” Jisoo bowed to them, her eyes still lingering on Mina before going to her own group’s waiting room.

 

Mina quickened her pace to their waiting room, got an extra “Summer Nights” B version album. She got a Sharpie pen and started to write quickly before they were called on stage.

 

..

 

Jisoo made it to the BLACKPINK waiting room and she made her way to the extra “Square Up” album. She made sure that all of the Jisoo photocards were of her and had a metallic pen to write in the album’s photobook. She started to write:

 

“Yeong-An (Annyeong) Mina~ Thank you so much for being there for me and I hope we become close friends. I heard from one of your members that you like to play video games? WE NEED TO PLAY TOGETHER!! I know we didn’t have time to exchange numbers but here is mine. I am really looking forward to hangout more.~

 

Heartu,

Jichu”

 

Satisfied about her message, she was on her way to TWICE’s waiting room.

 

..

 

Jisoo knocked on the door, the album clutched on the album tightly. The door opened, where one of their managers was wondering on who it was. “Oh Jisoo-ssi.” She bowed at the BLACKPINK member and Jisoo back. “Manager-nim, I was wondering if you can give this to Mina-ssi?” She held out her group’s album to the manager. The female manager nodded her head and opened the door wider. She let Jisoo in and pointed to Mina’s belongings and work chair. “Jisoo-ssi, this is for you.” She was presented TWICE”s album, “Mina-ssi wanted to give this to you and I was on my way to your waiting room.” Jisoo grabbed the album with two hands and thanked the manager.

 

She hurriedly made her way back to her waiting room and sat in her claimed space. Jisoo opened the album where Mina had also picked out all of her photocards and pictures to give to the older girl. Her eyes automatically looked for a message from Mina. Finding it on the first page, Jisoo began to read.

 

“Jisoo unnie! I am so happy that we decided to become friends because my members always badger me to go out more. Thank you for opening up to me and hopefully I will be there to help you~ Maybe when see each other again, hopefully soon, I can tell you about how my heart is constantly hurting. Since we couldn’t exchange numbers, this is mine~

 

Sincerely,

Mitang~”

 

This brought a smile to Jisoo’s face and took out her phone to save Mina’s phone number. She already wanted to text the younger girl.

 

Hi Hi Michu! Make sure to drink lots of water and take care of yourself Text me back when you read this.

 

Jisoo locked her phone, laid back on the couch and closed her eyes. She held on the TWICE album tightly.

 

Maybe, just maybe.

 

Maybe Myoui Mina will help Kim Jisoo get over Kim Jennie.