Side Story (Ryeowook:The doll,my half part and the past)

A Surprise Kiss From A Prince

"Wookie dear,do you remember this doll?",An old woman on the futon showed an old doll to a five years old boy.He was kinda excited to see and had a chance to hold it.

"Warm..",He hugged the doll tightly and his grandmother smiled at his cute action.

"Guess what,Merly is now 185 years old this year"

"Eally? Whoa,yu ar ol,Mr Mely!",The boy said cheerfully while playing with the doll's hair. (Really? You are old,Mr Merly!)

"Do you like Merly?",He nodded and the woman caress his hair gently and lovingly."Merly was given by your great grand anchestor and I was responsible to take care of it till my last day but from now on,I will generate Merly to you.You have to give Merly a new name and once you named him,he will be yours."

"Eh,Mely is now my?! Yeah! Tank yu granny!",The little boy hugged the old woman tightly and soon he was hugged back. (Eh,Merly is now mine?! Yeah! Thank you granny!)

"I believe he will be a lot happy to be with you.Promise me to keep it well,okay?"

"Yes granny!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~* Snail *~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ryeowook awokes from his dream with his sweat all over his face and quickly observes around him.His eyes turn glassy and moist,he can't hold it any longer and cries.

"G-granny..I'm sorry.I'm really sorry..I-I broke our promise",He wipes his tears away and cuddles the big bear beside him.His mother bought the bear for him for the replacement when he lost the doll 9 years ago but it was nothing compare to the pain he felt for the losing.

"Ryeowook..Are you alright?"

"Its hurting..",Ryeowook speaks with his trembling voice while cuddling the bear tightly.

"I feel the same too and its hurting me also.Its okay..Don't think to much for now and rest.You have school tomorrow remember?"

Ryeowook nods to no one and soon,the voice disappears in the night air.That voice will always appears when he needs or when he is in troubled about something related to his feeling.He still doesn't know how it happen and no one did tell him the reason why he was the only one who could hear that voice.It seem that there is another unharm soul in his body but he doesn't know who and how it could live in him.He tries to ignore the questions which lingered in his mind since kid and continues his sleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~* Turtle *~*~*~*~*~*

Water was all around me.It was blurring and I coudn't swim nor floating.It hard to breath and my body couldn't hold it any longer.Was this suppose to be my last day? Please God,I don't want to die.My mom and Sungmin need me and I need them too.I though that I was dying but then I saw hands tried to reach me.I couldn't see his face clearly but I believed that I could see them again.

"Mom..Sungminnie",That was my last word and then I didn't remember anything....

A voice called my name several time and I observed the dark surrounding around me but I didn't see anything until a maroonly smoke appeared in front me.I couldn't see that guy face clearly but I slowly recognized it.That guy's face was like me but more beautiful and handsome,I was amazed by the beauty of his.Is that really me?

"Ryeowook",His smooth voice made me melt.He called my name?

"Wh-who actually are you?"

"I'm you..the half part of this pure soul."

"I don't understand"

"You don't have to understand.Just hold my hand because together,we are one",He lend me his hand and I unconsciously held his.His hand was cold and slowly,I was awake from my slumber.My inner body felt really hot and my throat was sore,I couldn't remember anything.Sungmin,my mom and a doctor was there next to me,there was a relief expression on their face when I managed to smile at them.Thank God...

"I'm so glad that you are awake.",My mom stood from her sit and kissed my hot temple with full of her love.I knew it because when she kissed me,all my burden was lifted away.That feeling was kinda amazing..

"I'm sorry..I'm sorry Ryeowookie! It all my fault",Sungmin was crying out and that was my first time to see him crying because of me.I just wanted to hug him and told him how much I owed,thankful and loved him.It seem my throat betrayed me.I could only reach for his small hand and held it tightly,his hand was so cold.The doctor checked my body's temperature and looked at my mom.

"His temperature was getting higher.I will supply some medicine for your son but for now,let him rest"

"Thanks Doctor..Lets go Sungmin-shii.You can visit him tomorrow,okay?",Sungmin nodded and looked at me for the last time before he walked out with my mom.I was now alone in my own room,which was getting darker when the nightfall.Then,I closed my eyes..

"We are one"

*~*~*~*~*~*~* Snail *~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ryeowook awokes when the alarm is ringing and he groans tiredly.He prepares himself for the school and has his meal with his mom.On the underway to his school,his feet stop at the riverbank.He doesn't understand why his legs suddenly brings him there.He is supposed to go to the school but looking at the river,it brings him to the past where everything started.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*(FLASH Turtle BACK)*~*~*~*~*~*

"D-don't! Please,give it back to me!",I tried my hard to reach Wookie,the only doll I love from the big bully but he was a lot taller than me.His friends were laughing at my useless action and I didn't give up even a bit.Since the incident in the field 2 years ago,I was becoming their main victim of bullied.Their only chance to make a mess with me was when Sungmin wasn't around.They were all just chicken!

"Are you even a boy?",One of the bullies asked and they started to laugh again.I ignored his question and used all my energy to get that doll back.

"Yeah,boy wouldn't play with a rag and ugly doll.You're just girly little -",Before the big and tall boy had a chance to finish his statement,someone threw a punch at him which leaving me and all the bullies in shock.It was sungmin to the rescue! I was so happy to see him and the bullies were now frightened.

"Don't you dare to speak like that to him! Don't your parents taught you not to use that word?!"

"Boss!",They wanted to help their leader who was now laying on the ground but they were afraid to get beaten by Sungmin.Owh,I forgot to mention that the big and tall boy was their leader.He was also the one who fought with Sungmin in the field and almost lose to him.He seem couldn't forgive us and that why he wanted to avenge us by bullying me instead of Sungmin.

"Why can't you guys stop already if you don't want to eat my punch?! If you didn't like the way I beat you guys last time,then don't disturb Ryeowook anymore! If it all because of the unsastisfied incident,then face me instead of targetting him!",I smiled at his bravery and he is the only hero I had in my life.My eyes spotted my doll on the ground and I quickly tried to fetch it but before I could touch it,one of the bullies saw my movement and quickly grabbed the doll and threw it into the river just beside us.My eyes didn't move a bit from the river and my heart cracked from the bottom of my core.Sungmin lets out his anger by pushing that boy who threw the doll to the ground hardly and gave him some punch until that boy was crying loudly.My eyes were teary,the image of my grandmother appeared in front me.That doll was everything to me and then I felt the coldness all over my body..

*~*~*~*~*~*~* Snail *~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Ryeowook,what are you doing here?",Sungmin pats Ryeowook's back and he comes back to his sense.

"Owh Sungmin,I thought you were waiting for me at the park?"

"While you're standing here,dreaming?"

"I'm sorry if you're waiting long for me"

"Yah,you think that was enough? Come on,treat me or something"

"Is it okay if I treat you ice-cream after school?"

"Ermm..okay.Don't forget about that"

"Okay..come on now,school's gate is not waiting for us",Ryeowook says cheerfully and then he walks away.Sungmin smiles vanishs when he looks around him again.

"Ryeowook,I'm sorry"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*(FLASH Turtle BACK)*~*~*~*~*~*

"What did you do that?!",I punched him repeatedly until he was crying and then I stopped myself when I heard a splash which was coming towards the river.I looked around and Ryeowook was nowhere to be seen."Where is he?",I asked them and one of them told me that Ryeowook was jumping into the river.Without another thought,I stood up and quickly ran to the river while the bullies ran away from that place."RYEOWOOKIE!!",I screamt all my heart out and tried to jump and saved him but someone prevented me from doing so.A guy with a black suit put his black coat to the ground and jumped into the river.I was crying and hoping for both of them to appeared on the surface safely and not long after that,they did appeared wetly.

"Thank godness,he was still alive",When I heard that,I was flying over the moon.That guy brought unconscious Ryeowook like a bridal style and asked me to show his house's direction.My eyes couldn't move an inch from him,he was so handsome especially when I could see his skin through the wet white collar shirt.What am I thinking? Stop it Sungmin!

"So,what is your name kid?"

"Eh? My name is Sungmin"

"Owh what a nice name..You look tougher than what I think you are",What did he meant? Am I really that bad?

"I'm sorry if I was deceiving you with my face"

"No,that is not what I mean.Don't take it seriously..What I mean was you have a feminice's face but to my surprise,your heart is tougher rather than weak.I like about that especially when you tried hard to protect your friend.",I blushed. Okay,that was enough of complimenting.Our conversation stopped when we arrived in front of Ryeowook's house and his mom was really worried about him.Ryeowook was changed and put on the bed and then the guy looked at Mrs.Kim.

"May I talk something with you?",She nodded and told me to take care over Ryeowook for a while.Then,both of them walked outside of the room and had a long conversation.I sat there and waiting for Ryeowook to wake up and when I held his hand,I was so surprising.His body was really hot and he started to murmurring some unclear word.I was worried and quickly called Mrs.Kim.

"What is it?"

"Ryeowookie..his body is burning!",She checked his temple with her palm and quickly called for doctor.When the doctor arrived,the handsome guy asked for Mrs.Kim permission to leave the house and she approved.I looked at that guy for the last time and wondered who was he.Not long after that,Ryeowook was awake and I was so relief.My tears started to pouring from my eyes and I unconsciously asked for his forgiven.I felt really guilty about what had happen but then Ryeowook held my hand tightly and seriously,his hand was really hot.10 minutes after that,Mrs,Kim told me to let Ryeowook rest and visit him tomorrow.I nodded and left the house sadly but before I leave,I told the real story of what had happen and she nodded understandly.

Next morning,I visited him and I could see that Ryeowook was recovering from his fever.I was glad and gave him chocolates.He was really happy but then he gazed at me for a long time before he spoke.

"Sungmin,can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"Last night,what was actually happen?"

"Don't you remember anything?",I asked and Ryeowook shook his head.I was thinking twice about his question and worried if I let the cat out the bag,would he be sad of losing the doll he loved so much which given from his grandmother? But maybe I should tell him.

"You jump into the river because of the doll"

"Doll? What doll?"

"Ermm-",It seem that Ryeowook didn't remember anything about the doll and I was relief but in the same time,I was realized that I couldn't take the risk,what if Ryeowook jumped into the river again to search for the doll? Whatever happen,he was forbidden to know about the doll and that was the best for him."-that doll was actually mine and you jump into the river just to saved it.You shouldn't do that,it way to dangerous"

"Owh,is that so..I'm sorry if I couldn't save your doll,I will pay for it."

"Yeah I think so to but its okay,your safety is more than enough"

"Thank you Sungminnie,you are really good friend.",He smiled but my heart was ached.I hoped he didn't suspect anything.

"Hey,your saviour was handsome and cool"

"Owh,is that so? Who is he?"

"Ermm,I forgot to ask for his name but he seem knew your parents.",Ryeowook nodded and we continued our conversation until Ryeowook fell asleep.He looked really cute when he slept and I walked out from the room to speak with Mrs.Kim.

"Mrs.Kim..can you buy Ryeowookie a doll or a teddy bear for the replacement?"

"Ermm okay but what for?"

"Ryeowookie wasn't remember anything about yesterday include the doll.So,I was lying to him that the doll was actually mine because I didn't want him to do the same action like yesterday.Please Mrs.Kim,at least the new doll could make him forget about his old doll.It would be bad if he remembered back the past,right?"

"You have a smart mouth Sungmin.Matured as usual,Ryeowook should be more like you"

"Thank you Mrs.Kim",I left the house and looked above me,wide and blue as usual.How lasted it will be? Soon or later,he would find out about his doll and he would hate me because of lying.Forgive me Ryeowookie..

*~*~*~*~*~*~* Snail *~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Yah,Sungmin! Hurry up,why are you still standing there?",Sungmin smiles and runs towards Ryeowook.He hungs his arm around Ryeowook's shoulder and the latter does the same thing too.They walk to school happily but then Ryeowook pauses his movement and snickers.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing..it just that I suddenly remembered about what you said when we was eight"

"What did I said?"

"You said that you love me while crying,that was funny!"

"It-that was nothing! I didn't mean like that! I just love you as a friend,that all",Sungmin hides his blush and Ryeowook hugs him from his back.

"I know and thank you Sungmin...thank you for everything.I love you too...as a friend"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*(FLASH Turtle BACK)*~*~*~*~*~*

"Sungminnie! Where are you going?"

"To the toilet! Wait there!",Sungmin disappeared from my sight and I waited for him while kicking the small rock.I heard some conversation and tried to find out who.I was surprised to see the bullies and one of them spotted me also.I wanted to run away but before I could,I heard they screamt 'ghost' at me.They might know something.I chased the ran away bullies and I got one of their legs.

"Don't leave me guys! Help me,boss!"

"We don't want to be killed by the ghost!",They left him with me and disappeared like that.I watched him crying and I knew that they were people who left their friends for their own self.How selfish they were to others. 

"Please don''t kill me! I'm sorry..I'm not the one who threw your doll into the river.I want to help you but I'm afraid that they will beat me too! I'm scared..",The doll wasn't Sungmin's? But mine? Suddenly,all the flashback appeared in my mind and soon I remembered clearly what happen a weeks ago.Sungmin was lying to me? What was his reason?

"I'm still alive.You should go now and befriend with someone who is worth to be your friend",That boy wiped his tears and stood up.

"Thank you..and if I meet you again,can I be your friend?"

"Of course you can",That boy was smilling and bowed.

"You can call me Donghae",Soon,he left me alone.My eyes was now teary because of what I had find out.My heart was aching.

"Ryeowookie..there you are! What happen? Did they bully you again?",I shook my head and Sungmin wiped the tears away with his hand.

"Why did you lie to me?",Sungmin didn't move an inch and I quickly pushed him aside."Tell me the reason why! That doll wasn't yours but mine! Why did you keep it secret from me?! How could you..that doll was given from my granny! Why didn't you tell me the truth! All this time..I was forgetting about my granny's precious doll? and was replaced? I-I hate you,Sungminnie!",I ran away from him and hided in tunnel in the park.Sungmin was searching for me and from the outside of the tunnel,I could hear his trembling voice.He was crying..

"Ryeowookie..I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to lie..I just afraid that if you find out the truth.You wi-will jump into the river again to search for the doll.I know it was precious to you and I know that you will never let it go that easily but..do you know how useless I am when you were drowning!? I was grateful that someone saved you..I thought that you were going to die.I don't want it happen again and if it did happen,who can save you? I don't want to lose you again because I love you!",When I heard all his words,it did wrap all my wounded heart.I was actually happy to know how much he cared for me eventhough I still furious of his lying but as long as he had tell me the truth,it was enough for me.I came out from the tunnel and he hugged me tightly while begging for my forgiveness.I smiled and hugged him back.

"I forgive you and don't lie to me ever again,okay? And don't keep any secret between us..Promise?",I wiped Sungmin's tear and he nodded.

"Promise",We smiled at each other when we pinky swear.

*~*~*~*~*~*~* Snail *~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You should let me go now,Ryeowook..If kyuhyun saw us,he will get jealous"

"Will he?"

"Yah! What are you two doing!",Kyuhyun approaches us and grabs Ryeowook's arm away from me.

"Kyuhyun is jealous",Donghae teases Kyuhyun and gets a kick from the prince.Donghae groans in pain and all 3 of them laugh at him which made him laugh too."Yah,it hurt you jerk!"

"Whatever..Come on Ryeowook"

"Owh,okay",Kyuhyun holds Ryeowook's hand and they walk to the school together,leaving Sungmin and Donghae with a shocked expression.

"Lets go Sungmin.Hey,wait up you jealous and jerk prince!"

"You should walk by yourself!"

"Stop it Kyuhyun,that wasn't nice"

"Who cares"

"Yah,you are really a jerk prince after all and you're not suit to someone as sweet as Ryeowook!",Kyuhyun turns around and stares at Donghae which making the latter is shivered to the core."Jeeze,you are getting scarier when you were being with Ryeowook"

"Stop blabbering already and hurry up."

"Erm,that was the word I was waiting for..",Donghae says and catchs up the couple while followed by Sungmin who is still watching Ryeowook from behind and then,he smiles to himself.

"Ryeowook..why did you broke our promise?"

Snail *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Red heart *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Turtle

Maybe some of you will think why did the children in my fic was quiet matured or I can say their conversation was quiet well pronounce.

The answer is: Nowadays,when I look at the primary schooler especially the one who is 8 years old and above,the way they talk to each other was kinda different from what I had read in other's fic.They talk a lot just like an adult and only 6 years and below is talking with their own way of talking.It just based on my experience.Depends on what you saw the children in your country,okay? :D