chapter 8

hating the parts of me that are yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


++++

Deep space faced alone, is something Jongin doesn’t expect to be so...quiet.  

He drifts for days.

For weeks.

For months.

He loses track of time and communication with Earth as he goes in deeper.  But each night he dreams and his dreams bring him closer to Minseok with every light year he travels deeper into space.  This is what keeps him going.

And finally, one day, he wakes up to a shower of light on his tiny navigation screen.  Mesmerized and almost entranced, he lands on a rock of a planet.  

The terrain is rocky but glows silver from within.  Jongin steps out onto the foreign land, completely forgetting to make any kinds of logs or to check the atmosphere.  But something tugs from within and he feels the magnetization from inside of his gut. 

He explores the planet for what seems like days and at the end of his delirium, he finds a cave, shining brighter than any other rock he’s seen.  But just as he’s about to enter the cave, the ground bursts about 50 meters away from him.  The silver that had glowed from within the planet showers all around him.  It’s a sparkling kind of rain and seems to mimic both water and fire.  As the silver downpour comes down on Jongin’s head, his surroundings disappear, melting in the all too familiar whirl of time.  And Jongin jumps, traveling once more.

This time… instead of traveling through space, Jongin travels through time.

++++++++++


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter