chapter 5

hating the parts of me that are yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin wakes up in his bed, crying, whispering, 

“Don't go... don't let it be goodbye...”

Or at least, that’s what Sehun tells him that he whispers.  But embarrassment of sleep talking is the last thing on Jongin’s mind.

The next day, when it rains, he steps out into the courtyard, watching with bated breath as time melts around him.  However, when his surroundings become static, Jongin is welcomed by an empty grass field.  

Jongin doesn’t go out in the rain after that.


Three weeks later, the rainy season officially comes to an end .  


“No water duty for 5 years, aren’t you glad Trainee Kim?”

Another trainee on water duty jokes with Jongin, but Jongin’s acknowledging smile doesn’t reach his eyes. 

+++

Three more years roll by with Jongin determined to keep his mind off of his failed first love.  He buries himself in his studies and space training.  And before Jongin knows it, he and Sehun are standing side by side during Cadet graduation.  They receive their official status and are cleared for space missions now, should they be picked for one.  And perhaps it’s because of Jongin’s diligence and its effects on Sehun, but both of them get assigned to a team on first string.

One month later has them on their first space mission already.

    “We’re on cryo duty” Junmyeon says grimly.  “It’s not the most exciting mission, but it’s our first as a team, so let’s do our best.”

They fly out on their ship, the My Lady, and dock onto one of the many cryogenics facilities situated out in space.

    “I heard there are ghosts here” Baekhyun teases, trying to get Sehun to freak out.

One of the cryo techs hear them as they’re walking down the corridor.

    “It’s true” the cryo tech says.  “That’s what we call the people who’ve been frozen for more than 10 years.”

    “There’s no way” Baekhyun says, now more freaked out that he’d planned to make Sehun.  “Everyone knows no one is kept frozen for more than 10 years.”

The cryo tech shrugs.

    “Sure, usually people are frozen in cryo because they’re waiting for a cure to an incurable disease or because they’re some important big wig… but there are also people who choose to be frozen because there’s something they can’t let go of in their past.  We usually don’t al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter