chapter 3

hating the parts of me that are yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin soon discovers that it’s when he’s in the courtyard in front of the mess hall, in the rain, that this time travel happens.  He tries to control it at first, but it doesn’t work so well.  He has no idea how to even begin to learn about controlling his newfound power.  But more than that, something else distracts him from trying to train his own power and that ‘something’ comes in the form of a young man named Kim Minseok.

Most times, Jongin travels back in time and Minseok is just there.  It’s as if Jongin’s drawn to times when Minseok happens to be in the courtyard.

    “It’s a good thing you’re always hungry and heading to the Cafeteria” Jongin teases.

Jongin stares intently with a grin as Minseok frowns at the joke.  Minseok pokes at his own stomach and it’s then that Jongin wraps him up in a playful hug.

    “I like that your body is cute” Jongin says. 

He’s completely serious, but Minseok laughs at him, asking, 

    “What’s a ‘cute body’?  To me, I think you’re the cute one”, laughing with the small little cave of teeth that Jongin likes so much.


    “Didn’t you say you’re from the future, Trainee Kim?” Minseok asks with a glint in his eye.

Jongin nods with slightly widened eyes.  Minseok narrows his eyes and tilts his head up toward the taller boy.  Suspicion is written in his irises.

    “Then, even if we’re the same age, aren’t I technically your hyung?”

There’s a pause as Jongin processes this, but then he bursts out in laughter.

    “Do you want to hear the “hyung” title from me?” Jongin teases again.  “Is it because you can’t beat me with your height?”

At that, Minseok rolls his smaller hands into tiny fists and starts to hit Jongin on the shoulder, arm, and chest.  But the punches don’t hurt and Jongin just feigns pain and asks for mercy until Minseok has a satisfied little smirk on his face.  Jongin knows that Minseok doesn’t really believe him -- that Jongin’s from the future, that Jongin can travel through time.  But it doesn’t bother Jongin.

Sehun, even after witnessing Jongin’s strange disappearance, doesn’t believe him either.  Instead, Sehun suspects that Jongin is keeping a secret from him.

    “You have a secret girlfriend in the girl’s ward, don’t you?  That’s why you’re always running off?”

Jongin chuckles, shaking his head.

    “Then you have some kind of weird disease that you’re scared to tell me about?”

Jongin clutches his stomach as he rolls on the ground at Sehun’s ridiculous words.  But Sehun’s frow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter