chapter 4

hating the parts of me that are yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They’re in history class, both Sehun and Jongin can't concentrate.  Sehun, because he’s still in his high about his new wind power, and Jongin, because he can’t stop thinking about Minseok being in his arms.

It’s particularly humid today and Jongin shakes his leg, staring out the window, impatient about the rain starting up again.

“...and this is the exoplanet that we all know exploded close to the Earth’s atmosphere about 25 years ago.  Back then, rain had been an over abundant quality of the weather on Earth and because of this…”

Jongin sighs as his concentration goes in and out.  The teacher’s voice is monotone; it’s a voice easy to fall asleep to.  But the talk of rain has Jongin thinking of Minseok again.

“...frequent rain and a thicker atmosphere over this area led to the absorption of various exo-chemicals from that very explosion.  This led to the thought that…”

The first drop darkens the concrete sidewalk outside the classroom window.  Jongin perks up in his chair.  Nudging Sehun with his elbow, he nods towards the courtyard.  Sehun gives him a questioning look.  It seems that Sehun had been hooked on the teacher’s lecture.

“...of course, many people disagreed and this was not a popular school of thought at the time.  It is still largely believed as a myth that exo-chemicals, though they are from outer space, can trigger any kind of extraordinary powers in normal human beings…” 

This time, Sehun nudges Jongin, excited again about something the teacher has said, but Jongin’s not listening.  The timer behind the teacher’s podium starts counting down.  Jongin’s on the edge of his seat.  After this lecture is lunch time, but Jongin’s not thinking about filling his stomach.  The drizzle outside gains steady momentum and thickens into a constant patter of rain.

When the timer buzzes, the history teacher dismisses them and Jongin races to the courtyard despite Sehun’s shouts behind him.

++++

When Jongin r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter