chapter 1

hating the parts of me that are yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The entirety of the spaceship is enveloped in deafening silence.  Through the window, a vast and dark abyss seems to drive all the movement of space, but also no movement all at once.  There is nothing and no one else as far as the eye can see, but then again, Jongin can barely remember the last time he saw another ship.  Nothing is harder to keep track of than time when one is light years away from Earth, but it doesn't matter anymore... Jongin's nearly home.  At the edge of the navigation screen, he spots a smattering of white noise.  It almost looks like a tiny dance of fireworks, glowing against an otherwise dark screen.  A ghost of a grin on Jongin's face is lit up by the foggy glass, coffin-like cylinder displayed in the center of the cabin -- it is the only source of light and inside, one can barely make out the silhouette of a serene, sleeping face.


+++


The first jump happens when he's ten and a half.  Jongin doesn't realize it at the time, but five years later, when he's fifteen, he has an epiphany as he experiences his second travel back in time.  

Drenching rain is pouring down and Jongin feels as if someone is just throwing bucket after bucket of water over him.  It's exhausting to walk in the rain but it's the one thing he can enjoy as he's walking to and from the many buildings of the astro training center.

As he nears the old mess hall, he hears the excited chatter of fellow trainees.  He remembers that, as a kid, he’d been excited to be accepted into the Astro Center.  It was every kid’s dream to go and every parent’s pride for their kid to get accepted.  He had been so proud as a 7 year old, but now, e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter