morning

passing strangers | wheesun

wheein wakes up to bright sunlight shining through yongsun’s windows, squinting as she covers her eyes with her arm. steady, warm breaths blow onto her neck. she turns her head slightly to see yongsun cuddled up into her side, eyes closed and sleeping peacefully. wheein takes this chance to observe yongsun, as creepy as that sounds, but she was really just taking in how beautiful yongsun was up close. the way her jet black hair fell over her face, her usually sparkling eyes now closed, her lips that wheein had touched with her own that night parted slightly. wheein feels her neck start to cramp, but she didn’t do anything about it. she just lays there, staring at yongsun and smiling foolishly to herself every now and then, yongsun’s hair gently. 

at least an hour must’ve passed before yongsun woke up, wheein didn’t even realise she had spent the past hour just staring. staring at her beautiful girlfriend, feeling her steady heartbeat and listening to her even breathing. 

the first thing yongsun sees when she opens her eyes is wheein smiling down at her, her soft features in the sunlight. 

“morning,” yongsun says quietly, breaking wheein out of her daydream. 

“morning,” wheein replies, her voice raspy. “how did you sleep?” 

“better with you, that’s for sure,” yongsun grins, getting up from the mattress. she can already feel the muscle aches she was sure would come soon, but it was still one of the best nights she has had in a long time. wheein grabs her wrist and pulls her back down. 

“stay,” she says simply, neither a request nor a command. yongsun chuckles, her weight falling onto wheein until she catches herself and props herself up with her elbows, hovering above wheein. 

“just a few minutes,” she replies, her face impossibly close to wheein’s. 

“you’re so beautiful,” yongsun feels the younger’s breath on her lips with every word she speaks. she lets more of her weight fall onto wheein, closing the distance between their lips. she feels wheein’s breath hitch before she kisses back, her arms finding their way around yongsun’s neck. 

“says you,” yongsun whispers as wheein smiles into the kiss. “time to get up,” she pats wheein’s thigh gently, pushing herself off the younger. wheein pouts, but follows her lead anyways. she waits as yongsun freshens up in the bathroom, taking the time to recall how pretty yongsun had looked while sleeping. she smiles unconsciously at the thought, wanting to feel yongsun’s lips on hers again. not long after, yongsun is done and wheein takes her turn in the bathroom while yongsun prepares breakfast. it was the weekend, and neither of them had to work, so they had opted to stay in yongsun’s house the whole day. 

“smells great, whatcha cookin’?” wheein comes up behind the older and wraps her arms around her waist, resting her chin on yongsun’s shoulder. 

“the only thing i can cook without burning the house down,” yongsun laughs. it’s the most beautiful thing wheein has heard. she wishes yongsun would always be able to laugh like this, free and happy, even if it’s selfish of her to think so. she never knew a laugh could sound as pretty as it did coming from yongsun, but it did. wheein sighs happily, she’s so glad she found yongsun. yongsun, who makes her day with just a smile. yongsun, who makes her happy. yongsun, who makes her feel as if she’s worth something. but she’s scared. it scares her that the only reason she’s living happily like this is yongsun. and as grateful as she is that yongsun makes her happy, she can’t stop worrying. 

she hates that she can’t be happy without worrying about when the happiness is going to end. because eventually, all good things end, don’t they? and what will become of her then? she pushes the thoughts away, back into the darkest parts of her that she never wants to step back into. she hates herself for always being the one to overthink, she hates that she’s the one who destroys herself slowly. she doesn’t know why she hadn’t left the moment yongsun had confessed yesterday. she’s made a mistake, she thinks. but then she glances up at yongsun, who has a bright smile on her face, and suddenly everything is worth it. everything is okay with yongsun. she will be happy, even if she has to force herself to be. but with yongsun, she doubts she will ever have to do that, because she smiles with yongsun, and she laughs with yongsun. yongsun brings her joy, makes her feel wanted. yongsun doesn’t make her feel the need to be someone else she isn’t. 

and even though she just met yongsun less than three months ago, and has only known her for a month, she feels so safe here, in yongsun’s arms that hold her ever so tightly. she breathes in a shallow breath as yongsun kisses her forehead, she feels yongsun smile when she rests her own forehead on wheein’s, their mouths barely brushing against each other’s. 

“the food’s gonna burn,” wheein whispers. 

“let it,” yongsun whispers back, her warm breath on wheein’s slightly parted lips. she stares at yongsun through half-lidded eyes, all she sees is an angel. softly, yongsun presses her lips onto wheein’s, her hand finding its way into her hair. as they kiss, yongsun slips her tongue into the younger’s mouth slyly, leaving a hot streak behind it as she explores . unconsciously, wheein groans at the contact, immediately giving up the fight for dominance. it was clear that she was weak for yongsun, and the older knew that. she tenses as she feels yongsun’s thigh brush her inner thigh, letting out a whine that she would’ve been embarrassed about, but she didn’t really care at this moment. 

“u-unnie, the food,” she breathes out, slightly winded from what they had been doing. yongsun glares at the food on the stove, which was currently burnt to nothing. thanks to that, the whole house smelt like smoke now. yongsun groans unhappily, turning the heat off before smiling sweetly at wheein. 

“where were we?” she grins at the younger, leaning back in. 

“nice try, unnie, but i’m hungry and you burnt all the food,” wheein taps her nose and leaves, calling over her shoulder, “get dressed, we’re going to the store,” yongsun huffs in annoyance, cleaning up the black mess in the pan. she enters her room, pouting at wheein. 

“do we really have to go out?” 

“yes, you literally have nothing but ramen and tteokbokki in your house! i’m surprised you even managed to find eggs this morning,” wheein says, throwing clothes at yongsun. 

“what’s wrong with ramen and tteokbokki? i love ramen and tteokbokki! besides, can’t we just stay here? it’s so much more comfortable,” yongsun complains, making her way to the bed where wheein was seated cross-legged. she tumbles into the younger, both of them falling onto the bed fully. 

“no, unnie. you have to get out of the house more, you can’t always be stuck in here forever!” wheein tries to get up, only to be stopped by yongsun’s strong arms around her waist, pulling her back. 

“but we can cuddle the whole day, would you rather spend your time at the store than with me?” yongsun pulls wheein closer to her, wrapping her arms around the smaller girl. 

“...fine. but only because you’re cute,” wheein grumbles, but still buries her head in yongsun’s neck, leaving small kisses on her collarbone. at this, yongsun smiles and drifts off to sleep again, the already familiar feeling of wheein beside her lulling her to sleep. 

 

 

in the moment our paths crossed

my lost wounds

you held them

now your very own me

will become like the warm spring

and warmly hug you

i’ll always become

your song here

and hug your everything

— 𝕚'𝕝𝕝 𝕙𝕦𝕘 𝕪𝕠𝕦 (안아줄게) | 𝕧𝕚𝕩𝕩 — 𝕙𝕪𝕦𝕜