everything of you

passing strangers | wheesun

on yongsun’s hand still lingers the feeling of wheein’s hand against her own, her soft skin, her gentle touch and her delicate fingers, the way they had intertwined with yongsun’s own ones, how they had held on so tight, as if they would never let go. it’s been nearly an hour since she stepped off the train and had reluctantly let go of wheein’s hand, promising her that she would meet her at the train station again tomorrow. but even after one hour, her mind was still whirring with thoughts of wheein, or more specifically, wheein’s touch. it was nothing much, just their palms against each other’s, their fingers loosely intertwined, yet it had meant everything to yongsun. it had made her heart skip a beat, made her cheeks flush, made her a flustered mess and all those cliché phrases that she never knew were real. not until she met wheein, who, with a single glance, could make her weak in the knees. 

yongsun can still feel the feeling of wheein’s small hand in her own, her gentle fingers that strum and press on her guitar strings, playing it like the strings of yongsun’s heart. she can still hear wheein’s sweet honey voice as if it were engraved into her heart and soul. she remembers the way wheein’s eyes had looked at her ever so deeply, with so much affection in her chocolate brown eyes. 

and she wonders, if wheein ever thought the same things as her. if wheein ever thought about how their hands felt, how they fit so perfectly together, and how yongsun was always smiling and laughing when she was with her. she wonders what wheein had been thinking when she had reached her hand out in the train just an hour ago, whether she had done it on impulse or if she had been nervous about it. she wonders if wheein was thinking about her now, like how she was, and whether she was already missing yongsun’s smile, her laugh and her touch like how yongsun was missing hers. she wonders if it’s real, what she feels for wheein. 

she didn’t know if it was just some stupid crush she was having at the age of 29, or if she was in love. and there was really no way to tell, was there? she’s had crushes before, and they felt exactly like this. she would like to say that she’s been in love before, but she herself doesn’t know if she has. after all, how was she supposed to know? was love just the feeling of pure happiness when you were with someone you really liked? when all you wanted to do was see them smile and laugh and be happy, and it didn’t even matter if it was because of you, but just seeing them happy was good enough? it’s beautiful, yongsun realises. a beautiful feeling to have, but also the most painful to bear. she keeps the thoughts of wheein close to her heart, letting them wash over her and take over her dreams. 

 

 

when yongsun sees wheein again the next day, the weird, tingly feeling in her hand returns. she aches to hold wheein’s hand again, aches to feel the soft, gentle touch again. as they walk towards serenity, their hands brush against each other’s accidentally. as if wheein could sense that yongsun was practically begging for her to hold her hand, she gently laces their fingers together and almost immediately, the warmth of her hand envelopes yongsun’s, the warmth spreading right into the deepest parts of her heart. yongsun blushes, pink dusting her cheeks but she makes no move to pull away. this was what she had wanted in the first place, so she lets wheein hold her hand. 

when they reach serenity, wheein reluctantly untangles their fingers, gives yongsun an apologetic smile, and steps into the café, holding the door open for yongsun as well. yongsun follows wheein into the back room, waits as she tunes her guitar. 

“can you sing me one of your songs?” yongsun asks. 

“soon, unnie. soon. i will sing it for you when it’s done, when i’m sure that it’s perfect.” wheein replies, as she practises the chords and lyrics. and again, yongsun stares. that seems like the only thing she’s ever able to do when she’s in front of wheein, anyways. apart from making a fool of herself, of course. wheein somehow always managed to surprise her with each new thing she learnt about the younger. 

wheein goes onto the stage to plug in her guitar and make sure the microphone is working, while yongsun puts on her apron and starts her shift. without her noticing, wheein has put her guitar down and sidled up next to her. 

“this set’s for you, unnie. for not being able to sing you one of my songs right now, take this as my apology and promise that some day, you will be the first to hear one of my completed songs,” wheein whispers in yongsun’s ear, gives her a quick, innocent kiss on the cheek, and runs back to the stage, cheeks flushed. yongsun didn’t even have time to respond, much less process that wheein had given her a kiss on the cheek, so she stood there dumbly, her brain seeming to malfunction whenever wheein came near her. by the time she realised what had happened and what wheein had told her, the latter was already on stage and singing with that stunning voice of hers, while yongsun was left in front of the coffee machine, the feeling of wheein’s lips still lingering on her cheek, and the way wheein had whispered ever so softly in her ear sent a shiver through her body. yongsun glances up at the stage, where wheein is holding her guitar in her lap as she sings a slow ballad. she can’t seem to stop looking at wheein, there was just something about the younger that was so captivating and enchanting. 

 

 

it’s become a routine that after wheein performs, she would wait another ten minutes for yongsun’s shift to end, and they would catch the train back home together, sometimes talking about everything and anything they could possibly talk about, other times sitting in comfortable silence, just appreciating each other’s presence and the sense of warmth and comfort they offered each other. today was different, though. today, wheein had asked yongsun to dinner. it was a merely a friendly dinner, one that was supposed to be fun. it wasn’t supposed to make yongsun’s heart race like this, or make her this nervous. she still remembers the way wheein had shyly brought it up, and how she had stuttered slightly while asking yongsun. her voice had been small, almost as if she had been scared that yongsun would reject her offer to have dinner together, but she didn’t know that yongsun was so very weak for her, and could never say no to anything wheein asked of her. 

and so here they are, in front of yongsun’s doorstep after a whole night’s worth of playful teasing and blushing. 

“you really didn’t have to walk me all the way back, you know,” yongsun states. 

“i don’t mind, i just wanted to make sure you got home safely,” 

“well, thanks for tonight, then. i really enjoyed it, we should do this more often.” 

“i’m glad you did, unnie, and yes, we should definitely do this more often.” wheein whispers the last part, and glances up at yongsun, hesitating. 

“is something wrong, wheein-ah?” 

“u-um no, it’s nothing!” wheein frantically shakes her head, biting her lip nervously. 

“are you sure? did something happen?” yongsun presses. 

“i-uh-“ wheein stammers, cheeks getting redder by the second. before she can talk herself out of it, she reaches up to give yongsun a kiss, right on the lips. it barely lasts a second, just an innocent peck, as if it were the wind brushing past yongsun’s lips. gentle, sweet, soft. that was what wheein’s lips felt like against her own. all too soon, wheein had pulled away and was rushing down the stairs. “goodnightunniei’llseeyoutomorrow!” she says in one breath as her figure disappears down the staircase. yongsun could just barely see her flushed cheeks and the small smile that had made its way onto her face in the dim moonlight. as she watches wheein go, she finds herself smiling long after the younger is gone. the innocent touch of wheein’s lips on hers that sparked something at the bottom of her heart, she doesn’t know if this is what love feels like. 

she drifts off to sleep, dreaming about a certain very attractive, brown-haired lady. and all she can think of is wheein. 

wheein, her lips, her eyes, her voice, her pure, child-like innocence and her heart. her heart that yongsun is sure must’ve been broken before, and is not fully healed. but she doesn’t blame her, for it is the most difficult to heal a broken heart. shattered, like pieces of glass that would never fit perfectly back together. this was the price of love, you offer your heart and your soul, you give your everything and you hope it goes well, but not everyone is lucky like that. 

love treats some people kindly, some badly, and some worst. yongsun was sure wheein wasn’t the former, so she gives wheein everything of her, just like how she had fallen into everything of wheein. 

 

 

i worried a lot

if i should talk to you or not,

my mind gets tangled.

the coffee that we were supposed to drink together

is already two cups empty.

i’m falling for you

i’m falling for you

i’m falling for you once again

i’m falling for you

falling for you

it’s already too late for me to escape.

— 𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕦 | 𝕛𝕖𝕠𝕟𝕘𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝕩 𝕛𝕠𝕤𝕙𝕦𝕒

 

 

A/N: hii i’m sorry for the late updates!! i’ve been really busy these few weeks and i’ll probably only get busier :(( but i promise i will still try my best to update ^^ thank you for being patient uwu and thank you for reading and subscribing/upvoting/commenting, it means a whole lot to me!! have a great day/night! (*^▽^*)