just a little

passing strangers | wheesun

“promise me you’ll watch my performance later?” wheein asks, just before she steps out of the back room to perform. 

“of course, i wouldn’t miss it for the world,”  yongsun smiles, patting the younger’s head fondly. wheein grins, presses a kiss to yongsun’s forehead, and walks up the small stage. at this point of time, most of the customers at serenity recognise her, some of them even became regulars at the cafe just because of wheein. they would go to serenity just to hear her singing. and they would always be surprised at how she managed to pull off so many different songs. 

sometimes, she would sing an upbeat song with happy lyrics and lively music. on those days, her fingers flew over the strings of her guitar, strumming and plucking to the fast-paced beat. other times, she would sing r&b songs and ballads. those were the type of songs yongsun loved to hear the most, especially when it was wheein singing them. when she does sing slow songs, her fingers gently strum the strings one by one, the soft ringing of the chords echoing around the cafe, bringing some of the most beautiful sounds to the customers. 

it’s these times that yongsun falls in love with her even more, when she realises that wheein is one of the best things that’s happened to her. when she wants to pull the younger into her arms and protect her, keep her safe from everything else, and hold her in her embrace forever. 

as an hour passes, yongsun busies herself at the counter, occasionally stopping to take a break while listening to wheein’s voice. every time she feels tired and thinks she can’t go another second making the same cup of coffee over and over again, wheein’s voice gives her strength. it fills her with warmth and a newfound motivation. it was almost as if wheein knew when yongsun was tired, or when she felt like giving up. during those times, yongsun couldn’t be happier that wheein looks her in the eyes and smiles sweetly. that’s all she needs to continue on with her shift. 

much like the other days, wheein grabs a drink while she waits. iced americano. yongsun meets her at the steps of serenity, instinctively reaching out for the younger’s hand. it’s almost six in the evening by the time they leave serenity. yongsun pulls wheein along the streets to a small restaurant. they talk, somehow nothing much has changed even after their conversation earlier in the day. wheein had expected it to be awkward, even though she had really hoped that they would stay the same. nonetheless, she’s grateful that yongsun keeps the conversation flowing smoothly. 

as they eat, yongsun learns that wheein loves art. great, not only can she sing, play the guitar, be the prettiest woman on earth, but she can also paint and draw? and yongsun is stuck here, brewing coffee every day. how eventful. 

when they leave the restaurant, with yongsun insisting to pay, they’ve already spent most of the evening eating. it’s eight at night now, the sky is already dark and full of stars. they walk hand in hand, wheein leaning slightly on yongsun’s arm. there are lesser people on the streets now, and they walk aimlessly, none of them really feeling the need to go home yet. yongsun looks up at the stars and sighs happily. 

“unnie, let’s go for a run!” wheein suggests. 

“now?” 

“yeah, why not? it’s night time and it’s already fall, so i figured it would be cooling,” yongsun ends up agreeing, knowing full well that she will never be able to say no to wheein. they walk towards the park, where there would be lesser people. 

“last one to the finish line owes the winner a meal!” wheein says, before taking off quickly, leaving yongsun behind. 

“hey, you didn’t even start the countdown!” yongsun complains, but still chases after wheein anyways. she catches up fast, and pulls gently on wheein’s coat, causing the younger to slow down. 

“that’s cheating, unnie!” wheein struggles to escape from yongsun’s seemingly iron hold. 

“fair’s fair, wheein-ah. you started before me, this is just revenge,” yongsun says, as she starts tickling wheein. the younger squeals, falling down onto the grass almost immediately, squirming and desperately trying to pry yongsun’s hands away from her body. 

“u-unnie...st-stop!” wheein manages to cry out in between shrieks, laughing so hard that she has to wipe the tears away. finally, yongsun’s hands relent and wheein is spared. they fall to the grass, laying next to each other, catching their breaths. they’re the only ones in the park now, the only sound heard is the dying laughter. yongsun giggles, still not over the way wheein had squealed the moment her arms found their way to her waist. hearing yongsun’s laugh is all it takes for the younger’s face to break into a smile as well, hiding her face in the older’s neck. a while later, they finally get up and decide to head home. 

“it’s late, wheein-ah. do you want to stay over instead?” yongsun offers, not comfortable with the idea of wheein walking home alone at this time. 

“sure, if you have the space,” 

“come on, you can have my bed, i’ll sleep on the floor or something,” 

“it’s okay, unnie. you can keep your bed, after all, i should be the one sleeping on the floor, seeing as how i’ve invaded the privacy of your house.” 

“ah, whatever, we’ll figure it out later,” yongsun says, and goes off to find wheein some clothes. as she does, wheein takes the chance to look around yongsun’s apartment. there wasn’t much around, just furniture and the occasional decorations. simple and minimalistic, it fit yongsun perfectly. “here, these are the closest size i could get to yours,” she hands wheein some clothes, and points her in the direction of the bathroom. wheein walks out of the bathroom in yongsun’s shirt that was slightly too big for her size and her sweatpants that hung low on her waist. she looked so adorable and small in yongsun’s oversized clothes, the older just couldn’t resist ruffling her hair and giving her a kiss on the forehead. this earned her a whine from wheein, even though she was trying her best not to smile. she didn’t normally like being babied like this, but she would make an exception for yongsun. “you should wear my clothes more often, you look so cute in them,” yongsun praises, as wheein turns a deep shade of red at the compliment. 

 

 

“wheein-ah, i’m turning off the lights, okay?” 

“okay,” wheein replies from the bed, laying on her side so she could see yongsun turning off the lights. she faintly hears yongsun walking back to her mattress on the floor beside the bed. turning to face the ceiling, she stares into the darkness, hesitating. she glances back down at yongsun, although she can barely see anything in the darkness. screw it. she decides, and gets off the bed. slowly, she makes her way to yongsun’s mattress and lays down next to her. they’re so close wheein swears she can feel yongsun’s heartbeat synchronising with her own. 

“what are you doing?” yongsun whispers, her arms welcoming wheein anyways. 

“i didn’t want you to get lonely here,” yongsun feels wheein’s warm breath tickling her neck. “good night, yongsun unnie,” she whispers, burying her head in yongsun’s neck. yongsun feels the younger girl smile slightly against her neck, as she wraps her arm tighter around wheein. 

“good night, wheein-ah,” she smiles too, resting her chin on wheein’s head, her hand gently wheein’s head, lulling her to sleep. i love you, she adds silently. 

 

 

A/N: heyy im back sjskdjsjks im so sorry sorry i was gone so long there was exams and stuffs yaknow but i hope you enjoyed this chapter anyways!! thank you for being patient and sticking around and for reading/subscribing/commenting/upvoting,, it really means a lot :D have a great day/night! <3