Chp 7: Eunbi’s Decision

Kingdoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**Wiz Kingdom**
 

Hyewon walked into Eunbi’s office.

Eunbi was pacing around her office. 

 

“Well?” Hyewon asked.

“Well what?” Eunbi replied, clearly annoyed.

“I guess I’ll prepare for departure.” Hyewon said.

“What?? Where are you going?” Eunbi questioned in a panick tone.

“To Enozi, with the General seriously injured, I should be there to lead the troops. That is my job!”

“Uhhh, that won’t be necessary Hyewon.”

“Are you serious Eunbi? Why won’t you ever send me out there? You don’t trust me, Eunbi?”  Hyewon questioned Eunbi.

“What, uhhh, that’s not true...”    

 

Hyewon cut Eunbi off.  “All the stuff that has happened, it’s like a bad omen. What’s to gain from Enozi, Eunbi?  And don’t give me the same bull answers.”

Eunbi was taken aback by Hyewon’s attitude. Hyewon has always supported everything she has done, but lately, Hyewon has always argued against everything. It’s like she is losing her.

While hurt by Hyewon’s words, Eunbi handed a piece of paper to Hyewon.

 

Hyewon read the paper.  “Oh.”

“Well?” Hyewon questioned.

“I haven’t decided it yet.”

“Eunbi, they’re giving you an easy way out of this without suffering further casualties, without losing too much face, what is there to think about?”

“I won’t lose to circumstances, Hyewon.”

“Circumstances?  These occurrences were god’s way of telling you this war was wrong from the start Eunbi! If you still consider me your advisor, your confidant, accept Enozi’s offer!!  I have nothing further to say.” Hyewon stormed out of the room.

“Hyewon…” Eunbi whispered.

 

Hitomi was sitting on the window sill in her bedroom.  Her best friend, Nagisa, had returned to the palace from her visit to Hasako Kingdom and was sitting next to her.  To Nagisa and everyone else close to Hitomi, it was obvious Hitomi had changed since coming home from her “mission”. 

 

“Hitomi, what are you thinking about?”

“Her.” Hitomi simply said.

“What is it like to be in love?” Nagisa asked.

“The best feeling in the world. ” Hitomi smiled at Nagisa,

“I want to know what love feels like...” Nagisa replied

Hitomi smile at Nagisa but her smile disappeared quickly.  “But at the same time, all I felt was guilt. And now, knowing that she knew who I was has made that guilt even worse. She loved me for who I am…”

 

Unbeknownst to the two inside the room, Eunbi was just outside the media room listening to their conversation.

“Love…” Eunbi whispered to herself.  She had wanted to talk to Hitomi. After her conversation with Hyewon, she wanted to get away from her office.  Eunbi leaned on the wall and sighed.

Ever since Hitomi returned, she had been focused on the attacks and never had time to really sit down with her.  Hearing tidbits here and there, she pieced together what had happened. She didn’t think her sister would fall in love someone.  Hitomi had always sheltered herself from showing emotions, except to those truly close to her.

 

Flashblack

A young Eunbi sat in a chair and watched her father pace around the room. 

Her father finally stopped and stood in front of her.

 

“Your mother is back.”

“Mother?” Eunbi questioned her father.

“Yes, she’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter